• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

With a few little gaps to close up, we pretty much now have a team to compete.

Looking good so far. Rugby in Melbourne is getting back on track. Even Rugby Vic is sending out expressions of interest in getting schools signed up for Rugby programs again.

All I need to make my 2018 a pretty full bottle is the return of the Rebels Winter Ball.

All those little things that Coxy let slip away, that was actually really important for not only capturing fans, but retaining them. Sure, winning would have helped, but that was why it was even more important for the club to be uber pro-active.

Anyway, I'm a very happy little camper and I have a feeling that pre-game beers in the Richmond Precinct are going to be rather jolly affairs next year.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Might sound bananas but if no 5/8 is found, we might find DHP playing 10 with Maddocks at 15, Koroibete and Naivalu at 11 and 14. Hodge at 13 with Meakes at 12

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Might sound bananas but if no 5/8 is found, we might find DHP playing 10 with Maddocks at 15, Koroibete and Naivalu at 11 and 14. Hodge at 13 with Meakes at 12
Hodge is Wallabies 10 this weekend, may be a surprise starter there next season. Move Sefa to 13 and have a back 3 of DHP, Maddocks and Koroibete.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
With a few little gaps to close up, we pretty much now have a team to compete.

Looking good so far. Rugby in Melbourne is getting back on track. Even Rugby Vic is sending out expressions of interest in getting schools signed up for Rugby programs again.

All I need to make my 2018 a pretty full bottle is the return of the Rebels Winter Ball.

All those little things that Coxy let slip away, that was actually really important for not only capturing fans, but retaining them. Sure, winning would have helped, but that was why it was even more important for the club to be uber pro-active.

Anyway, I'm a very happy little camper and I have a feeling that pre-game beers in the Richmond Precinct are going to be rather jolly affairs next year.
Agree about the ball, Daz. Things like that are essential to fan engagement. Coxy was more interested in the corporate side.

Reactions: daz

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Up to 10 more sounds crazy. I think Tupou, Uelese and Siliva are technically uncontracted but AFAIK:

Hookers:
Hanson
Siliva
Uelese

Props:
Ainsley
Daley
Faulkner
Sa'aga
Talakai
Weeks

Locks:
Cummins
Jeffries
Parling
Toolis

Backrowers:
Fainga'a
Haylett-Petty
Leota
Mafi
Timani

Scrum Halves:
Genia
Goddard
Stirzaker

Fly Halves:
McGregor

Centers:
Horwitz
Hodge
Tuipuluto

Back Three:
Sefa
Koroibete
Hutchison
Maddocks
Haylett Petty
Tupou

By my count that's 31 players already, and before we even consider any hangers on, and local development players.

D

daz

Holy hell. I mean, Bloody Christ and fuck a duck. Just look at that playing list.

I may actually be so excited I've got tears in my eyes.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
So, the big question. Who is Captain?

I'd love it to be Colby, but if they can get Coleman over the line he's a proven leader. I was thinking about the 'man management' Wessells has to do in the upcoming months. While there wasn't animosity between the teams, he's essentially blending two cultures and needs to get and keep the Rebels boys on board. Fans too. It will stick in the craw a bit if local favourites have to make way for former protegees.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
32 lads. Forgot Engo.

Captain Colby would be my choice at this stage. Not a Front rower or back 3 player, seems to be a natural leader, existing Rebel rather than a new recruit (as much as Genia/Parling/Coleman? are quality leaders I want a previous Rebel)

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Up to 10 more sounds crazy. I think Tupou, Uelese and Siliva are technically uncontracted but AFAIK:

Hookers:
Hanson
Siliva
Uelese

Props:
Ainsley
Daley
Faulkner
Sa'aga
Talakai
Weeks

Locks:
Cummins
Jeffries
Parling
Toolis

Backrowers:
Fainga'a
Haylett-Petty
Leota
Mafi
Timani

Scrum Halves:
Genia
Goddard
Stirzaker

Fly Halves:
McGregor

Centers:
Horwitz
Hodge
Tuipuluto

Back Three:
Sefa
Koroibete
Hutchison
Maddocks
Haylett Petty
Tupou

By my count that's 31 players already, and before we even consider any hangers on, and local development players.

Plus, English and Lance.
Engish is signed signed for 2018 and Gary Gold let it slip a while back that Lance was leaving Worcester at year's end as he had signed for us and would be joining in the new year.

*Edit: Sorry HL35, missed your last post re Engo.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Come on guys, 1/32 (Don't count Lance because Rebels are yet to formally announce it) straight from the top of the head isn't bad.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Leota also is contracted. Id vote Fainga’a as captain also
Edit: i should wear better glasses Leota already there

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
No longer able to delete a post when it's a double up.

I would select Hodge, only player in the list I can see playing nearly every minute of every game.

Would have Fainga'a as a VC with English, Genia, Weeks in the leadership group.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Come on guys, 1/32 (Don't count Lance because Rebels are yet to formally announce it) straight from the top of the head isn't bad.

Fair enough re Lance although he has been listed on the Wikipedia page for quite a while now. Agree 100% - Colby for captain. Genia plus a former Force player as VCs would be a good mix I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.