• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
So does anyone really know why Luke Mcalister was in Melbourne last week ?
Could he be the "international" signing. has he recovered from the bicep injury and why would he move on from Toulouse

He went to a night club, had a few, left. He was always loyal to the Blues and is doing well in France both monetarily and as a player. A move to Melbourne would be a stupid one for him.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We're really talking about Mowen here as well?

We must now have 4 different threads to evaluate Mowen's career, including the brilliant ironically titled No Ben Mowen Thread?

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Damian hill is ex Uni. He was always going to let them return to play for Uni in the GF.

Thats my point in 2013 and previous years the Super players came back, I was replying to a post that said:

"How is that interesting? Now they're in Melbourne they're no longer Sydney Uni players.

Much like many blokes playing for the Southport Sharks, once drafted into the AFL, they're ex Southport Sharks players and when not playing AFL, will turn out for their club's affiliate team in a lower league"

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thats my point in 2013 and previous years the Super players came back, I was replying to a post that said:

"How is that interesting? Now they're in Melbourne they're no longer Sydney Uni players.

Much like many blokes playing for the Southport Sharks, once drafted into the AFL, they're ex Southport Sharks players and when not playing AFL, will turn out for their club's affiliate team in a lower league"

But from this year the Rebels won't be returning to the Shute Shield..........

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
McAlister is on the outer in Toulouse.

Toby Flood has announced that he is going there next year and with old stager Beauxis there already and the promising Barraque waiting for more chances, McAlister won't be needed.

McAlister's contract hasn't been renewed. He is currently injured and won't be back on the field until next month (which makes reports of his presence in Melbourne seem plausible).

He has not been in his best form in the first half of the season, but he had been influential in Sale and in his first year in France.

McAlister could yet have some value aged 30.

I know I did.

T

TOCC

Technically plausible but financially improbable..

Given the clubs finances I can't see this happening.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Technically plausible but financially improbable..

Given the clubs finances I can't see this happening.

He's been making French money for a while and we haven't signed a top line 10.

It's unlikely, but if he wants to take a pay cut to maybe develop his post-rugby career and raise his young family in a English speaking country on the door step to his native home then it makes sense he'd take a meeting.

Taking a meeting means nothing though.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Just wondering if there are any other people that haven't received their membership packs yet?

So far one out of three of ours have arrived. I called the club yesterday and they told me that they've all been sent out, over two weeks ago.

And, in other news, the 2014 jersey is selling for $99.00 on the Rebel's website with free postage.

Jimmy C

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just wondering if there are any other people that haven't received their membership packs yet?

So far one out of three of ours have arrived. I called the club yesterday and they told me that they've all been sent out, over two weeks ago.

Still waiting on our packs. Was planning on calling the club tomorrow. I was very surprised not to see them sent out before xmas for those that got in early.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Still waiting on our packs. Was planning on calling the club tomorrow. I was very surprised not to see them sent out before xmas for those that got in early.

Sorry to hear. I got mine in the first week of jan. I'm a renewing blue if that helps.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Ours are 2 x platinum and 1 x supporters. The supporters pack is the one that has arrived. We renewed in the first week.

I hope they come soon. Otherwise I'll be wearing this year's jersey and last years cap to the trial games... and that will be a horrible fashion faux pas ;)

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Ours are 2 x platinum and 1 x supporters. The supporters pack is the one that has arrived. We renewed in the first week.

I hope they come soon. Otherwise I'll be wearing this year's jersey and last years cap to the trial games. and that will be a horrible fashion faux pas ;)
as an ageing old prop I don't care for this fashion thing you speak of. Still have my 2011 home jesery, but have upgraded things like hoodies and t-shirts. Think it could be time for new jesery as the other one is starting to go a little feral.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

Me too. I called and they pointed out that I had paid in installments, hence the later delivery. Package is due to be posted next week.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Me too. I called and they pointed out that I had paid in installments, hence the later delivery. Package is due to be posted next week.

I paid in full. I hope paying in installments wouldn't have an impact on the priority of member pack shipping. If so, it's pretty poor form from the membership team.

Status
Not open for further replies.