• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Thought I saw something a couple of weeks ago about Rory Sidey re-signing. Will see if I can find it.

I actually like him now, he's a good team man and he's had some good starting games at 12.

I still see him more as a Mr.Fix-it covering 12-14, ideally from the bench. But, no problems here.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Sidey misses far too many tackles. I'm sure he's a nice guy, and a good player to have around the team, but he really isn't good enough to be in the starting XV. And if he is, we've got issues that need addressing.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Robbie Coleman must be itching for a regular start. Can't see that happening when he's got To'omua and Lilo in front of him at the Brumbies.

He'd be an exciting option at 12 if we went the path of a second 5/8.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
No Rebels in the Wallabies squad. Pyle has missed out to Douglas and Simmons again, thought Link would have more balls and try have attacking players all over the park but I guess not.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
No Rebels in the Wallabies squad. Pyle has missed out to Douglas and Simmons again, thought Link would have more balls and try have attacking players all over the park but I guess not.

"technically" JOC (James O'Connor) is listed a Rebels player, so would have Phipps if he made the cut. Surprised they are only taking two 9's into the squad.

Disappointing for Pyle, thought he would get over the line from Fardy. MMM looks to be the 4th Lock, but listed as a back rower. I would think Pyle will make an appearance later in TRC and I think he will play in EOYT.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Complete stich up. Oh well, hopefully he comes out next year with a massive chip on his shoulder and outplays them all again.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Jason Woodward is running out for Southern Districts against Quins this week in the Dewar Shield. Should be a good match as Souths are looking to make finals and Quins are coming off a loss and need to win to hang onto top spot.

11 players are playing in games in Sydney and 5 in the ITM cup.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Jason Woodward is running out for Southern Districts against Quins this week in the Dewar Shield. Should be a good match as Souths are looking to make finals and Quins are coming off a loss and need to win to hang onto top spot.

11 players are playing in games in Sydney and 5 in the ITM cup.

Can you elaborate on the 5 ITM and 11 Shute Shield

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
May I ask what happened to the former shot putter who tried out for the Rebels? Remember an article being written about him in the pre-season.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
May I ask what happened to the former shot putter who tried out for the Rebels? Remember an article being written about him in the pre-season.
dale stevenson

he is playing first grade for Harlequins, THP i think. i have not seen him play so can't comment. he played for rebel rising during the season

Reactions: lpd

Jimmy C

Allen Oxlade (6)
Build your team around this guy, and get him active in recruiting while his wing heals up. What a player, what a man. Probably the best signing by any Australian franchise in recent memory.

100% agree hammertime. The guy is a legend, and fast becoming my favourite player to watch. With all the drama that has gone on with KB (Kurtley Beale) and JOC (James O'Connor), it's been great to see that a star signing like Higgers do actual work. The Rebels will do well building a team around this guy. The way he leads our younger guys is great to watch.
In Higgers We Trust!!

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
I completely agree, I was pretty happy when he signed but figured he may be another JOC (James O'Connor)/KB (Kurtley Beale) who was coming down here for highly paid holiday with some rugby on the side. I couldn't have been more wrong and am very glad I was, he's really stepped up in every aspect an will more than fill Delvey's shoes. Everything we want in a player here, leading from the front and real club man, not to mention he's a bit of a hipster without being obnoxious about it, this is Melbourne after all.

I'm again cautiously optimistic for next year, I think our forward pack is looking pretty strong with the additions in the front and back row, a few questions at 10-12 but I think there is real promise in some of the younger backs coming through. I know it's probably too early but is there any word on Memberships yet for next year?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I know it's probably too early but is there any word on Memberships yet for next year?

I am hoping the prices stay the same, now that the club is owned by the VRU/ARU it will be interesting to see if the packages remain the same.

Would say we will hear something in September about renewing our memberships. They better not change to much as I want the same seats again.

Status
Not open for further replies.