• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm being a bit silly. I want him in Melbourne and playing in the gold jersey.

But I'd still love him to be playing in Scotland. And the fact is, by September 2017, Kellock is likely to be retired, as is Hamilton from int rugby, so I'd love to have him as well.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm being a bit silly. I want him in Melbourne and playing in the gold jersey.

But I'd still love him to be playing in Scotland. And the fact is, by September 2017, Kellock is likely to be retired, as is Hamilton from int rugby, so I'd love to have him as well.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk
Playing alongside O'Connell and O'Mahony in next season Heineken Cup sounds better

Sent from my LG-E975K using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Much as I respect his professionalism, it may explain why he hasn't had a cracking start to the super 15 season. He is human after all and this type of decision was bound to be weighing on his mind. It is also likely he had a chat with Link and discovered there are a few ahead of him in the lock pecking order.

You've been great to watch Hugh and wish you luck for your european adventure. The Rebs will miss you. Good chance to end on a high.

At least we know now so we can begin the search to replace our own baby giraffe. Aside from Melbourne Zoo, do we have a wish list?

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Tough for the Rebels but can't blame him. I thought he'd done enough last year to get on the EOYT, but it's clearly McKenzie rates at least Horwill, Simmons and Douglas ahead of him - likely Fardy too. With Jones, Skelton and Carter all getting better that's a lot of people to beat if your coach doesn't really rate you. Good luck to him wherever he lands up.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
So your still hoping the club is just doing a April's fools joke. After all they have been playing games this year with there social media.
this really would be a very great GOTCHA ! but alas i feel that this is true unfortunately:(

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
this really would be a very great GOTCHA ! but alas i feel that this is true unfortunately:(

I do remember a interview where Pyle mentioned buying a house in Melbourne with the no intentions of going anywhere for a while.

How things change quickly.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
The other thing, who the hell let him have a clause in his contract to pursue overseas opportunities. That't just bad form by the club leaving that option open half way through a contract.

D

daz

The other thing, who the hell let him have a clause in his contract to pursue overseas opportunities. That't just bad form by the club leaving that option open half way through a contract.

Perhaps because without the clause, he would not have re-signed in the first place.

I'm perfectly ok with his decision and it appears the club was too. Not that it matters what we think.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I'll write it off as a bit of media shit-stirring for now, but the prospect of Hugh Pyle looking overseas for his playing future is a scary one. You gotta test the market, but I think he wants that gold jesery. Given the article only gives it a few lines and focuses mainly on Kane Douglas, I wouldn't be too frightened.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...xplore-overseas/story-e6frg7o6-1226858524532#

Posted this a few pages ago, looks like the article was on the mark about Hugh looking overseas.

Edit - behind a paywall :(

It is a bit sad where one aussie lock is looking overseas and one has announced his intentions to move. As someone said a few injuries in RWC year and we're in trouble.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I don't know of many Aussie boys, but I'd love an experienced lock if possible.

Alternatively, from a selfish perspective, Jonny Gray would be wonderful to see in Super Rugby. If nothing changed but being born a year earlier, Kellock, Swinson and Gilchrist would be competing for 1 spot in the RWC squad, rather than the 4 competing for 2. Despite being shorter in stature than most of our locks over the past decade, he's more talented than any of them, with the possible exception of Hines.

Status
Not open for further replies.