• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Vuna has re-signed for 2 years. Announced by himself on Twitter.

He also mentioned that the 1st camp is next week. New players will be introduced to the team then.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Does anyone know any of the young players who are trying out for positions on the Rebels' roster during this week's training camp?

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Does anyone know any of the young players who are trying out for positions on the Rebels' roster during this week's training camp?

I don't, but how I wish it could have been young Maka. Guy Novès took a couple of months of training and one match to sign him up until 2017, yet as far as I know he wasn't offered anything here. A local player that has cult figure written all over him lost to the Rebels.

Maka signs with Toulouse until 2017

French champions have invested in the future by extending monster loose forward Edwin Maka's contract until 2017.

The phenomenal 19-year-old - nephew of former Toulouse and Tonga number eight Finau Maka - weighs 130kg and stands 2m02.

Having recently arrived at the Toulouse academy, Maka made his Top 14 debut off the bench last week and showed amazing strength to hold off three defenders and create the match-winning try for his team in their season opener against Castres.

Maka had initially inked a deal until 2014 but after seeing him in action manager Guy Novès has wasted no time in making sure the youngster stays in the Ville Rose and has added three years to his contract.

http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8009956,00.html

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I don't, but how I wish it could have been young Maka. Guy Novès took a couple of months of training and one match to sign him up until 2017, yet as far as I know he wasn't offered anything here. A local player that has cult figure written all over him lost to the Rebels.

If you'd seen him play you'd understand why. Incredible talent, maybe the best I've seen, but shocking basics.

We don't have as many contracts to give away as Toulouse, the best we can offer a player without a good grasp of the basics is a training contract sadly.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
If you'd seen him play you'd understand why. Incredible talent, maybe the best I've seen, but shocking basics.

We don't have as many contracts to give away as Toulouse, the best we can offer a player without a good grasp of the basics is a training contract sadly.

You're right I'm sure. It's just frustrating working with limited resources.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
You're right I'm sure. It's just frustrating working with limited resources.

There's a winger who's played Oz U20 this year (and was one of the few good ones) and a young halfback who's been good in a good Shute Shield team. You'd imagine ONE of those guys should get an EPS contract.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
There's a winger who's played Oz U20 this year (and was one of the few good ones) and a young halfback who's been good in a good Shute Shield team. You'd imagine ONE of those guys should get an EPS contract.
Dave Hardisty?

I had quick chat to one of the Northern Suburbs players (raising money for Seti Tafua) on Saturday night, he had big wraps for him.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Interesting photo from Hannah Catchpole. Looks like Eddie Alohleilei and Heath Tessman. Thought the latter was gone?

A08a43nCMAEbQzT.jpg:large

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Dave Hardisty?

I had quick chat to one of the Northern Suburbs players (raising money for Seti Tafua) on Saturday night, he had big wraps for him.

Yeah. If you're going to persist with Kingi playing everywhere but 9 you'd have to take another into the squad.

Still, taking the opinion of guys that play with him isn't always the best idea. A good clubman will always promote his own stock.

Interesting photo from Hannah Catchpole. Looks like Eddie Alohleilei and Heath Tessman. Thought the latter was gone?

That is interesting. We've signed ex-Western Force/Cardiff Hooker Ryan Tyrell so that wouldn't make sense.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/Fans/Photo.aspx

New training album up.

Some new recruits in actions (Hooker Ryan Tyrell, winger Alex Rokabaro, and gigantic lock Chris Thomson).

Don't recognise the guy from photo 6 (though he could be that Russian bloke that was training with us a bit).

Notably this album shows JOC (James O'Connor) is training with the Rebs and the promising Chris King is up and about.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)

kronic

John Solomon (38)
His just been invited to train, no indication of a spot. We do need an inside back though. Perhaps with experience.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
I don't think he plays outside backs in league based on what I read. Never seen him play though.

I too have never seen him play, but in 24 rounds of the Toyota Cup, Bryce Hegarty has started at Halfback in one, Five-eighth in three, and Fullback in eight matches. This would suggest that he can at least ball-play a little and is one of the faster backs in the Broncos 2012 Toyota Cup squad, all of which is preferable in an outside back.

He did not play a game between rounds 1 and 13. I don't know if he was injured or other players were preferred. Over the season, four players have played in front of Bryce Hegarty in the halves - Louis Frisby, Kodi Nikorima, Che Fa'alafi and Cameron Cullen. Only one other player has started at Fullback - Daniel Levi.

Bryce Hegarty is also a useful goal-kicker which is always handy.

T

tranquility

I know nothing of this player. Is he trialing for an EPS spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.