• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RBS 6 Nations 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Back to the roof thing. Seem to remember that Wales gives the opposition the choice. Think we should break protocol on this and do the opposite to what they want. If they want it closed, we'll open it.
If either side wants it to stay open it has to stay open. It is fecking cold over here at the moment but don't know what the forecast is for saturday evening, if it were to rain I think it wold be advantage Wales in the scrums.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Can't see the NH season changing in the next few years at least. Currently club season already runs from August to May. June is set aside for Lions tours/test window. July/August are normally filled with major events in other sports such as soccer WC. European Championships, Olympics etc. Can't really move the 6Ns without moving the club seasons as you make an already too long season even longer. Players will end up playing more games as there would be nothing to stop teams picking international players in February & March when they would normally be unavailable due to the 6Ns.

In an ideal world I'd like the NH season to run from October to July with the 6Ns moved to May and the HEC final to happen in late July. Just can't see it happening or slotting into the global calendar.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
If either side wants it to stay open it has to stay open. It is fecking cold over here at the moment but don't know what the forecast is for saturday evening, if it were to rain I think it wold be advantage Wales in the scrums.
Saw somewhere that they were expecting snow. Maybe we could have the roof half open? just to show willing. Are you going to either of the games Plastic? Rome's usually nice this time of year and have they started the papal election. You could watch a double header

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
No. Really?
Q: Why on earth would they want to?

To run a global rugby season, run the Heineken Cup & 1st half of domestic leagues alongside Super15, then have an international window for Rugby Championship, 6 nations, then finish domestic leagues and go on tours etc. Whole point being NH international teams get more time together, better weather to prepare in which would hopefully lead to better rugby.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
To run a global rugby season, run the Heineken Cup & 1st half of domestic leagues alongside Super15, then have an international window for Rugby Championship, 6 nations, then finish domestic leagues and go on tours etc. Whole point being NH international teams get more time together, better weather to prepare in which would hopefully lead to better rugby.
If you can get agreement on this your next job would be to negotiate world peace.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Saw somewhere that they were expecting snow. Maybe we could have the roof half open? just to show willing. Are you going to either of the games Plastic? Rome's usually nice this time of year and have they started the papal election. You could watch a double header
Cheltenham this week, tickets for Cardiff are a bitch to get hold of as far as I can make out and I am deep in prayer that I have got a ticket for Munster's QF on the way and that is real hen's teeth territory.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Cheltenham this week, tickets for Cardiff are a bitch to get hold of as far as I can make out and I am deep in prayer that I have got a ticket for Munster's QF on the way and that is real hen's teeth territory.
Gold cup as well! helluva week for u. Are they going to be able to run it in that weather?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Got the optimism curve under control thanks to superimposed pessimism over Cardiff city vs Leicester tomorrow morning. However if they win, I ll have to take the rest of the week off.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
-12, it was 27 over night here. Not sure which one I would really prefer but the -12 would be easier to sleep.

Tip for the Gold Cup, buy a pint instead.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tim LLoegr

15. Alex Goode (Saracens, 10 caps)
14. Chris Ashton (Saracens, 33 caps)
13. Manusamoa Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers, 20 caps)
12. Brad Barritt (Saracens, 15 caps)
11. Mike Brown (Harlequins, 15 caps)
10. Owen Farrell (Saracens, 15 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 32 caps)
1. Joe Marler (Harlequins, 9 caps)
2. Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 8 caps)
3. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 39 caps)
4. Joe Launchbury (London Wasps, 8 caps)
5. Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers, 16 caps)
6. Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers, 37 caps)
7. Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, capt, 16 caps)
8. Tom Wood (Northampton Saints, 17 caps)
Replacements
16. Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints, 46 caps)
17. David Wilson (Bath Rugby, 25 caps)
18. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 8 caps)
19. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 19 caps)
20. James Haskell (London Wasps, 49 caps)
21. Danny Care (Harlequins, 40 caps)
22. Toby Flood (Leicester Tigers, 56 caps)
23. Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby, 3 caps)

How many of these are carrying injuries, not match fit, out of form and just plain rubbish? Must be approx half of the team.

This is so obviously a team that is far exceeding the sum of its parts. Let's hope we can isolate the obvious weak areas and make it count by putting points on the board. Time for the Welsh team to re-discover it's RWC spirit and give these guys a real pasting !

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Tim LLoegr

15. Alex Goode (Saracens, 10 caps)
14. Chris Ashton (Saracens, 33 caps)
13. Manusamoa Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers, 20 caps)
12. Brad Barritt (Saracens, 15 caps)
11. Mike Brown (Harlequins, 15 caps)
10. Owen Farrell (Saracens, 15 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 32 caps)
1. Joe Marler (Harlequins, 9 caps)
2. Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 8 caps)
3. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 39 caps)
4. Joe Launchbury (London Wasps, 8 caps)
5. Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers, 16 caps)
6. Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers, 37 caps)
7. Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, capt, 16 caps)
8. Tom Wood (Northampton Saints, 17 caps)
Replacements
16. Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints, 46 caps)
17. David Wilson (Bath Rugby, 25 caps)
18. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 8 caps)
19. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 19 caps)
20. James Haskell (London Wasps, 49 caps)
21. Danny Care (Harlequins, 40 caps)
22. Toby Flood (Leicester Tigers, 56 caps)
23. Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby, 3 caps)

How many of these are carrying injuries, not match fit, out of form and just plain rubbish? Must be approx half of the team.

This is so obviously a team that is far exceeding the sum of its parts. Let's hope we can isolate the obvious weak areas and make it count by putting points on the board. Time for the Welsh team to re-discover it's RWC spirit and give these guys a real pasting !

Tom Croft must be one of the most over rated players in world rugby. Wales have an advantage in the forwards and lets be fair that England backline wont create anything.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
First choice halves back will help them enormously. Get them back into their comfort zone after last week's halves nightmare. Lightweight back row with Croft starting but I don't think Wales have the aggressive back-row muscle to take advantage. I don't fancy their front row to cope, Marler in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.