• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2025

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I don’t see it likely to be more disruptive than any other recruiting. If anything I wonder if it’ll soften the blow a bit.

The nature of the beast is that the Reds will be looking to improve their squad. Players have to make sure they are best in position. For guys like Smith & Uru it is a chance to take their game to a higher level if the whole squad improves. This may or may not actually happen, but it’s par for the course.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Question for the group - if as rumoured, Canham and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) are coming your way, how will you fit everyone in the Lock position - will it be disruptive?
If they come Cormack Daly and probably Ryan Smith wouldn't be re-signed.

Perhaps L Wright heads OS and Smith is signed. Either way yep. Pretty disruptive.

Only so many spots available.

Last edited:

snoopycatchicken

Stan Wickham (3)
Question for the group - if as rumoured, Canham and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) are coming your way, how will you fit everyone in the Lock position - will it be disruptive?
They would be the starting locks ahead of Uru and Smith. Both will move to the bench with Smith covering lock and Uru providing backrow cover.

scrans21

Sydney Middleton (9)
Have been hearing that squad sizes will increase, in which case I'd be taking both Salakai-Loto and Canham to give us the chance to rotate the squad for specific matches like the Brumbies do. They've managed to have 3 Wallabies locks in their squad all year, there's no reason why we can't. Rotate Smith, Salakai-Loto and Canham between starting and bench, and move Uru to the backrow permanently to allow some rotation with Wright and Wilson.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Blythe has a contract for next year too.

Cormac Daly and Liam Wright looking like the only contracts left open........
Anderson will be gone before Wright, but as mentioned above squad size and salary cap won't be an issue for the next few years while the rebels players are being absorbed.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Daly and Roiri are locks and won't be retained. I imagine Anderson won't be retained either (maybe Wright also) shifting Uru back to loose forwards.

Locks: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) Canham Smith Blyth
Backrow: Wilson, Uru, Brial, Bryant, Mcreight, + hopefully Wright.

Reds Rick

Peter Burge (5)
Daly and Roiri are locks and won't be retained. I imagine Anderson won't be retained either (maybe Wright also) shifting Uru back to loose forwards.

Locks: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) Canham Smith Blyth
Can’t see them letting Wright go anywhere. Co-captain, starting 6 all season up there playing the most minutes, important link to a strong back row and line out caller. Not sure why that changes next year with the acquisition of a few locks? If cuts need to be made it would be the current back up locks like Daley et all

Raytah

Chris McKivat (8)

Locks: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) Canham Smith Blyth
I think that list is in the Reds best interest, but might be in Blythe & Aus rugby's best interest to find him a chair at the Brums or Tahs.

Reds Rick

Peter Burge (5)
So a lot of it’s been covered on here but listening to this weeks Inside Line podcast and their mail on player movements - saying reds are looking good for Canham, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Daugunu and solid interest in Lancaster