• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well I'm not sure Lancaster is a good fit. Great young talent but if you look around the squads I'd rather see him slot into the Brumbies or Force and get him playing as much as possible.

Ryan and Grealy have been really good and then you have Vunivalu. That squad spot could be better used.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Well I'm not sure Lancaster is a good fit. Great young talent but if you look around the squads I'd rather see him slot into the Brumbies or Force and get him playing as much as possible.

Ryan and Grealy have been really good and then you have Vunivalu. That squad spot could be better used.
Yeah Brumbies need him. Sapsford is not a winger and Muirhead hasn't been as good as past years. 11. Toole 14. Lancaster 15. Wright is speed.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Good sides continue to sharpen the spear.

If you're good enough then you will keep the job.
Yes, though you have to keep the squad balanced and really be careful you don't lose the future just to grab a bunch of right now - I'm not sure signing Tupou would be the right call if we lost Nonggorr and De Lutiis for example.

Last edited:

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
Disappoint topic to discuss, especially for the fans.

However reality is players and managers will be looking to lock in their futures in coming weeks, which will impact both retention of current players and recruitment.

Doran is reporting LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Canham, Daugunu, Lancaster could head to Reds, with interest in Gordon brothers also.

Lawson Creighton expected to go to Japan and JOCs career winding up. .
Would love to pick up one of Salakai-Loto and Canham, plus if we could land Carter Gordon that would be incredible. As others have mentioned we don't really need Lancaster, and unless Daugunu is happy to play second fiddle to Flook at 13 then I can't see him coming here. Whichever of Salakai-Loto and Canham that we don't pick up should head to either the Tahs or Brumbies, with Lancaster and Daugunu heading west to fill out the rest of the Force backline.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Daugunu would have a lot of appeal overseas. Big powerful established outside back. A few will be lost and we can't afford everyone..

Lancaster may be unrequired in QLD but I feel like he's a high priority need in Australian Rugby moving through to the next world cup. He should get a "where do you want to go" question put to him to help make sure we keep him.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Daugunu/Lancaster coming in is probably dependant on what happens with Petaia - if he's gone (and that only feels more likely now) then there's a lot more room and need for one of them, Daugunu in particular. Ripley is the other one I'd be looking at there, but given where he sits in the pecking order at the moment I think he could slot in without necessarily forcing anyone out.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
We're also being blinded by the the obvious which is the Rebels but disregards natural movement that may occur. A lot may hinge on a guy like Petaia but I could easily see a side like the Force wanting an Isaac Henry with Spink gone and a lot of very young talent in the system.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Going to be some very, very tough calls made on existing squad members - especially as we're already pretty depthy in the positions of those players mentioned

I would imagine Isaac Henry may be on of those casualties on the Reds side. Too many years where he has missed big chunks if not entire seasons because of his body.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
I would imagine Isaac Henry may be on of those casualties on the Reds side. Too many years where he has missed big chunks if not entire seasons because of his body.
Potentially - I'm very biased as I have known him and his family for a long time, but it would be a shame to see him go. I'd probably be looking at Annan instead. I know that he was very close to going to the Brumbies prior to his last contract, so imagine he'd have options despite his injuries.

As @The Ghost of Raelene says, a lot probably hinges on Petaia.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Campbell is probably the other frontline player I'm most worried about loosing. I expect it might come down to whether or not he's in Joe Schmidt's plans. If not it's probably his time to cash in overseas.

We do have some options coming through there, Gealy in particular, but I'd ideally like another year of Campbell at least, while our young 10s find their feet.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
As far as props go, I would like Eloff and I am not interested in Tupou, he is good but I dont think he would fit in, fit being a priority for our game style with the new coaching team..

I would take Gordon as a 10 and Canham too.

I am pretty happy with our current squad to fill the other positions.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
As far as props go, I would like Eloff and I am not interested in Tupou, he is good but I dont think he would fit in, fit being a priority for our game style with the new coaching team..

So much to balance and flow on. I imagine getting Gordon would push someone like HMP to look for other opportunities because I think he’s shown enough to attract offers of a starting job.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)

Ravai off contract and Faagase quite old. Eloff or Kailea for LHP please behind Hodgman. Talakai is wanted by the Reds (I assume to make sure we can hold him past 2025 when JTA is off contract) but reportedly he is keener on greener japanese pastures.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Ravai off contract and Faagase quite old. Eloff or Kailea for LHP please behind Hodgman. Talakai is wanted by the Reds (I assume to make sure we can hold him past 2025 when JTA is off contract) but reportedly he is keener on greener japanese pastures.
Reporting was that NSW wanted Talakai, not QLD.

I can see us picking up a loose head, particularly if Ravai's re-signing is blocked, but I don't think we need tight heads too badly.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Maybe it’s my red tinted glasses but I think Lynagh has been better than Gordon this year. Not much in it but given we already have Lynagh in the books I’d rather keep him. Given we also have HMP, I’m not sure we could justify a contract amount for Gordon sufficient for him to want to stay.

I’d like to see him still in Australian rugby but NSW would seem the logical place and I can understand why he wouldn’t want to go there.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Reporting was that NSW wanted Talakai, not QLD.

I can see us picking up a loose head, particularly if Ravai's re-signing is blocked, but I don't think we need tight heads too badly.
Eloff is ideal to me, get him as a loose head and if we have a Tahs prop issue we can use him at tight head too.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
So much to balance and flow on. I imagine getting Gordon would push someone like HMP to look for other opportunities because I think he’s shown enough to attract offers of a starting job.
I would still have Gordon is HMP was going to leave. My preference would be start Gordon and retain HMP on the bench, I think he has the potential to be better than Lynagh in a few years. I also think Gordon would be an interesting option for 15 if we end up losing Campbell.