• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
We have moved on from ASY (Angus Scott-Young). I would prefer Kohan Herbert as a back rower pickup if we have space.

His backup and linking play is quite similar to McReight which is a big plus. He’s also a big body and I think could cover 6 at Super level.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
With the news out of Melbourne today will we get a shot at some of their players, or will the Tahs get first access due to being run by RA?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
RA want to spread the talent. If anything we need props as we debt rely on the OS crew. I’d take Isaac Kailea for sure. LHP our gap at the moment. Zac Hough may want to come home too.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
RA want to spread the talent. If anything we need props as we debt rely on the OS crew. I’d take Isaac Kailea for sure. LHP our gap at the moment. Zac Hough may want to come home too.
Matt Gibbons wife's family are from Qld, with a young kid I'd expect his a better chance for you guys. Plus his contracted for 2025 so RA has to make sure his signed.

Kailea will end up in Japan. Elfoff will go abroad as well.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Nela’s got another year on his RA contract, so we can assume he’s staying in Aus for one more season?

Whether we’d want him back is another question, however… on one hand, we know he can be on of the most dominant players on the pitch; on the other, he’d be expensive and has been pretty disappointing this season

dru

David Wilson (68)
Nela’s got another year on his RA contract, so we can assume he’s staying in Aus for one more season?

Whether we’d want him back is another question, however… on one hand, we know he can be on of the most dominant players on the pitch; on the other, he’d be expensive and has been pretty disappointing this season

I dont see a Nela Reds re-connection as highly likely, but stranger things have happened. We are OK at tight head aren't we?

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Have a feeling Super Rugby players are more likely to walk and chase any deal they can get elsewhere as the job pool is shrinking domestically.

Is there the potential to extend the other four squads by 3-4 spots to accommodate the transition and avoid losing a young guy who is behind senior players currently?

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Have a feeling Super Rugby players are more likely to walk and chase any deal they can get elsewhere as the job pool is shrinking domestically.

Is there the potential to extend the other four squads by 3-4 spots to accommodate the transition and avoid losing a young guy who is behind senior players currently?
Yeah, RUPA is engaging with RA around what modifications they can make to the CBA around salary cap, squad size and contract length/terms to best support the players moving forward. I get the impression pretty much everything is on the table there.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
Disappoint topic to discuss, especially for the fans.

However reality is players and managers will be looking to lock in their futures in coming weeks, which will impact both retention of current players and recruitment.

Doran is reporting LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Canham, Daugunu, Lancaster could head to Reds, with interest in Gordon brothers also.

Lawson Creighton expected to go to Japan and JOCs career winding up. .

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Disappoint topic to discuss, especially for the fans.

However reality is players and managers will be looking to lock in their futures in coming weeks, which will impact both retention of current players and recruitment.

Doran is reporting LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Canham, Daugunu, Lancaster could head to Reds, with interest in Gordon brothers also

Lawson Creighton expected to go to Japan and JOCs career winding up. .
That would be amazing, most of my favourite Rebels heading home, would make supporting the Reds much easier.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
1. Hodgman
2. Faesslar
3. Nonggorr
4. Smith
5. Salakaia-Loto
6. Wright (cc)
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. McDermott (cc)
10. Gordon
11. Ryan
12. Paisami
13. Flook/Daugunu
14. Lancaster
15. Petaia
16. Nasser
17. Ravai
18. Toomaga-Allen
19. Canham
20. Uru
21. Werchon
22. O'Connor
23. Daugunu/Flook

That team could do damage.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Absolutely agree - doesn't make the decisions any easier though

I wonder what happens to Vunivalu if we get a couple of wingers...