• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quarter Finals : NZ vs SA teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Joubert has let every forward pass go.

In fact he's having an out and out shocker.
Jacques and faf pass very very flat. Reminds me of Quade and will when the reds went all the way

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lions were awesome. Great watch. Stormers were shiiiiiiit. The Lions are the only side that deserved to be there. Tahs and blues should of been in the finals instead

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Lions were very good against the Saders, as I said earlier in the season, there will be something very wrong if the Lions dont win this year with the structure of the stupid conference system favouring them so much. This game being the ultimate example, they had such a ride through the season that they could afford to play none of their 1st 23 last week, lose by more than 8 points and still hold a home final. They are a good side, playing well but the advantage created by the ridiculous structure of the conferences and draw made it pretty inevitable that they would go all the way.

You were absolutely right up till Ackermann totally burned the script by taking his reserve team to Buenos Aries for round 17 and got beat. Thus it was that he lost the opportunity to play all the finals at home. Now all he can do is hope that the Chiefs do a number on the Hurricanes after two trips across the Indian Ocean. I reckon that's about a 25% chance. Given the odds of the Lions beating the Highlanders are worse than 60-40, Ackermann has totally screwed his chances. Sometimes going with your gut (as Ackermann said he did) is not the best option.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Lions were very good against the Saders, as I said earlier in the season, there will be something very wrong if the Lions dont win this year with the structure of the stupid conference system favouring them so much. This game being the ultimate example, they had such a ride through the season that they could afford to play none of their 1st 23 last week, lose by more than 8 points and still hold a home final. They are a good side, playing well but the advantage created by the ridiculous structure of the conferences and draw made it pretty inevitable that they would go all the way.

The fact that the system favours them doesn't mean they're not the best team.

I guess we'll never know now. Where are the armbands?

PS Galumay I look forward to following your posts as the mighty Bush Pussieshunt down and feast on your remaining teams. Rawr. :)

G

galumay

The fact that the system favours them doesn't mean they're not the best team.

Thats true, but regardless it seems very unfair that they get the added advantage the system this year provided them. It could well mean that the best team doesnt win the comp.

I guess we'll never know now. Where are the armbands?

Also true, we will never know, but speculation will continue! Bit under the weather this weekend so not getting the armbands reference?

PS Galumay I look forward to following your posts as the mighty Bush Pussieshunt down and feast on your remaining teams. Rawr. :)

The Chiefs are my 2nd team, so they have to get past the Canes before worring about the Bush Pussies! I assume the Lions get the home final if they win next week?

dru

David Wilson (68)
On the whole I've enjoyed the African conferences this year. FWIW my African team is the Bulls and I just wish that the Reds were re-building like they are.

The Lions have been awesome. What is it? Three years? Since they made grade? Transforming the style of African rugby. Actually, getting more back to African style as it is meant to be in comps like Craven Week. They just go all conservative at Franchise level. And the international brand is simply dull.

Lions deserve to be there. The cock-eyed skewed Super-System does not. I doubt though, that an equitable comp would have had more Aus teams, possibly less. This year Aus did it to Aus.

All we can do now is sit back and enjoy the scintilating rugby being produced albeit from a crazy system.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Lions have been outstanding all season. They very clearly are the best South African team because not only did they top the South African group, they also had to play the New Zealand teams during the regular season.

The Hurricanes are in the box seat to win the comp though but the same also applied last year.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sam Kane fit for the Chiefs. They are a different team without him. Chiefs have every chance.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Also true, we will never know, but speculation will continue! Bit under the weather this weekend so not getting the armbands reference?

I think its a reference to the SA players who wore armbands in a test saying "Justice for Bakkies" after he was suspended for an illegal dive cleanout.

The Chiefs are my 2nd team, so they have to get past the Canes before worring about the Bush Pussies! I assume the Lions get the home final if they win next week?

If the Canes win then the Lions have to travel to Wellington (providing they beat the Highlanders, which I suspect they will). Not considering this possibility was Ackermann's critical mistake in picking his reserves for the last game.

If the Chiefs and Lions win then the Chiefs are back on a plane to SA for the final.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Hurricanes v Chiefs will have a couple (at least) of massive contests. Ardie Savea v Sam Cane, and Beauden Barrett v Aaron Cruden - both mouthwatering stuff.

Cane has been playing exceptional rugby recently but Ardie is a perpetual motion machine. Tough one to call, both will have huge influence on the game.

Cruden will be his creative self no doubt, but I really think Barrett is the best player in world rugby atm. There seems to be nothing in the game he can't master. Which one will be the AB's No 10 this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.