• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quarter Final: Brumbies v Highlanders Sat 8th 7.35PM @ GIO STADIUM

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Gotta love the 50 canberrans that turned up booing the correct decision.

That was a beautiful try though, Cale is the ultimate support player.

Pokinacha

Cyril Towers (30)
Would be nice if one day the Brumbies got the following they deserved.
It’s Canberra mate. These people can’t show any passion for anything other than bitching about how much they hate NSW.
It’s easier not to go so they don’t.
Sadly there are several clubs in the ACT and surrounds with up to 4 grades so a large playing population plus rugby schools like Eddies and Daramalan all who have free entry to these games but they just don’t turn up. Predominantly because they just CBF

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Why the fuck have they got Ariana grande playing in the background? Nothing against her but that’s not really rugby tunes. Maybe the Brumbies marketing intern volunteered her playlist for the occasion

HogansHeros

Jim Clark (26)
It’s Canberra mate. These people can’t show any passion for anything other than bitching about how much they hate NSW.
It’s easier not to go so they don’t.
Sadly there are several clubs in the ACT and surrounds with up to 4 grades so a large playing population plus rugby schools like Eddies and Daramalan all who have free entry to these games but they just don’t turn up. Predominantly because they just CBF
Well they consistently get 5 000 -10 000 more to the raiders games.... so not sure thats true.

Wallabies

Chris McKivat (8)
i think future looks tough for harry wilson with Charlie cale coming through the ranks. He’s a more athletic 8 I feel with similar size

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
i think future looks tough for harry wilson with Charlie cale coming through the ranks. He’s a more athletic 8 I feel with similar size
This is a good thing for the Wallabies. We need pressure for spots.
Well they consistently get 5 000 -10 000 more to the raiders games.... so not sure thats true.

It’s Rugby not Canberra. Somehow it will be the Tahs fault though.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
The concern I have with Charlie at 8 is that he’s pretty small by international standards. That can be overcome with balance, but I have said previously he could be that bigger bodied 7 we are looking for, if Joe is looking for that as well

Pokinacha

Cyril Towers (30)

Misread your post.

League is easy to watch. It’s basic bitch rugby

I was referring to rugby ‘fans’ no league fans too. When I was playing in the ACT, trying to even talk to my team mates about the weekends games and/or wallabies games was like pulling teeth but several of the boys would wear NRL jerseys to and from games

Marce

John Hipwell (52)

That's a good number if you take that Canberra is 1 League vs 1 Union professional teams. If you compare with NSW (10 NRL clubs vs 1 Super Rugby side) or QLD (4 NRL clubs vs 1 Super Rugby side) the ACT numbers are pretty good.