• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
He wants to have a sabbatical because Rocky was granted one. He wants to box because SBW was allowed to box.
He wants to be the highest paid Wallaby because Gits was at one time. He refuses to sign a deal for longer than a year with the ARU.

That's all very well but none of these blokes stole laptops from a house and repeatedly brought the game into disrepute or were disrespectful or outwardly spiteful towards the ARU(NZRU) and the game in Australia(NZ) or suggested they would not play for the Wallabies(ABs) if selected. They are all also proven at the top level over a period of time, which he is not(yet).

I don't understand what he wants or expects from the ARU but it is clear that he only wants what other people have and does not know what he himself actually wants.
What he needs is a new manager and a dose of humility. I really don't care anymore if he stays or goes.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's been 12 very tough years, by the look of things.
Edit: Maybe SBW should take on Hopoate next. My recollection is that Hoppa was disqualified last time out for refusing to punch.That should be safe enough,with those gloves Hoppa can't do what he does best either.
If hoppa refused to punch then maybe he's the opponent QC (Quade Cooper) needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
100 or so pages ago, it was claimed that Schmoo was supporting Team QC (Quade Cooper) on the basis of a tweet. I thought it was Fox Sports grasping at straws at the time.

Schmoo has said this about the latest chapter in the NZ Herald

Winger Drew Mitchell says the Wallabies have more important things to worry about than Quade Cooper's move to boxing.
The Wallabies are in Cardiff preparing to face Wales in the final Test of their European tour on Saturday.
Mitchell was asked if he was surprised to learn about the news this week from Australia that Cooper was putting his rugby career on hold to be a boxer.
"To be honest no one here's really talking about it. I guess it's been going on for a little while and it's his decision," Mitchell told AAP.
"But we've got something a little bit more important to worry about ... which is this weekend and that's where our energy will be going to."

full article here: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10850204

Scotty

David Codey (61)
My speculation on QC (Quade Cooper) is that he has privately agreed to play for the Reds next year, and agreed to sign an ARU contract in Feb.

Does anyone know if the ARU contract needs to be the same length as the QRU (ie 3 years)? If the ARU contract that was offered was for 3 years and as per the conditions and pay that has been leaked, then I can understand why he didn't want to lock himself into that.

We can only hope that a few blows to the head in training knocks some sense into him, and he plays for both the reds and wallabies next year. Unlikely to play for the lions, but possibly after that when it is likely that Deans will be gone.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
HJ, Not sure anything can be taken from Mitchells comment.

That has been the offficial line now from camp wallaby since the saga began. With one game to go and with his spot back Mitchell is never going to say anything that could slightly be taken out of context. Favourite or not, these guys know the repercussions of speaking out. For all we know Mitchell may not be able stand Deans but knows that's his ticket to game time and playing for his country. That journalists want us to believe it is a sign Cooper has no or little support is a stretch.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
My speculation on QC (Quade Cooper) is that he has privately agreed to play for the Reds next year, and agreed to sign an ARU contract in Feb.

Does anyone know if the ARU contract needs to be the same length as the QRU (ie 3 years)? If the ARU contract that was offered was for 3 years and as per the conditions and pay that has been leaked, then I can understand why he didn't want to lock himself into that.

We can only hope that a few blows to the head in training knocks some sense into him, and he plays for both the reds and wallabies next year. Unlikely to play for the lions, but possibly after that when it is likely that Deans will be gone.

There was the newspaper article yesterday that said as much as well. It sucks that it has come to this. We won't know until sometime after Deans is gone what some of the other players thought of him if at all. As I understand it the Brums hated Nuci and the the Force hated Mitchell yet neither coach really had shit dumped on them in public by the players, so maybe we'll never know.

I have thought all along that Quade is not operating in a vacuum and the way the Wobs seem to always be playing "with their backs against the wall" (some papers also say that's just the way they like it) does not indicate a high performing (happy) team.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
If he wants to play for the Reds he has to sign an ARU contract...

But that ARU contract does not have to have a "Top up" element to it.

Remember it is not about the money.

Some are saying that Dingo is the problem. The ARU does not seem to be in a hurry to build a Dingo Proof Fence anytime soon, so is it a flight of fancy that QC (Quade Cooper) is on thinking that he is worth top $ to the ARU, and that he can dictate terms on who he will or won't play under.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
The ARU does not seem to be in a hurry to build a Dingo Proof Fence anytime soon.

The ARU are gearing up for possible change with the search and appointment of JO'N's replacement. It has been said before much change (if any) probably won't happen till then........allegedly.

T

Train Without a Station

I think the bloke is a goose, but it's being extremely harsh on him to say, "he shirks at tackling (generally against blokes significantly larger than him) so how is he going to go boxing (against a bloke very similar size to him)". Completely different. I've seen plenty of blokes that are cats on the field, happy to have a fight and cop a punch as well.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
This whole fiasco has pissed me off no end. I'm at the point now where I don't care how brilliant Quade Cooper can be, he has irked me beyond redemption. I couldn't care less if he never plays for the wallabies again.

But you've always felt like that about QC (Quade Cooper) - what's new?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
But you've always felt like that about QC (Quade Cooper) - what's new?

Don't get me wrong. I've been bothered by some of his off and on field displays over the years but I've always thought his assets outweighed any negatives. With his decline in play (in both terms of time on the field and quality of play) his off-field dramas have, not as the result of any specific incident but rather a culmination of little incidents, left me feeling that his negatives now clearly outweigh any benefits he brings to the Wallabies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think the bloke is a goose, but it's being extremely harsh on him to say, "he shirks at tackling (generally against blokes significantly larger than him) so how is he going to go boxing (against a bloke very similar size to him)". Completely different. I've seen plenty of blokes that are cats on the field, happy to have a fight and cop a punch as well.
Geez i havent - both take ticker its just that taking a punch, where taking a punch is inevitable, takes loads of ticker

T

TOCC

Mundine wasn't exactly a renowned defender, he used to love doing the old running back in defence whilst the players around him moved forward trick..

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
75928_10151313712105236_665104175_n.jpg

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Anyone know if the ARU contract term has to match the Reds one? Ie 3 years?

Would be a good reason for him not to sign (locking himself into the lower contract).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Anyone know if the ARU contract term has to match the Reds one? Ie 3 years?

Would be a good reason for him not to sign (locking himself into the lower contract).

No. ARU contracts are no more than two years now I believe. I think Digby was the last person to be given a three year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.