• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Premier Rugby 2025

Cole

Allen Oxlade (6)
Guessing all the coaching staffs are coming back?

I thought perhaps a change at Sunnybank and Easts but haven’t heard anything to suggest a change is incoming.
Not sure on Sunnybank, but I know Easts are Simon Craig, Paul Warrick and Tony Mcgahan D.O.R

Souths announced Rama Chand coming in for next year

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Sorry I meanno changes at head coach.

should be interesting to see which teams improve with the stability of year 2.

norths is the outfit I have my eye on…. Think they might have a bumper offseason with recruits. Finally able to sell a vision with their premier grade outfit

Watchingrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
GPS have confirmed their coaching setup for next year. Looks like James Pritchard has been poached from the Brothers Colts setup. Looks to also work for QRU as a Rugby Manager, shall be interesting to see if they can improve from last year.

View attachment 20670
What’s the definition of madness again………keep doing the same things and expect different results!!!!

Cole

Allen Oxlade (6)
I may have missed it, but is there infomation on where the new Rebels and any others new Reds recruits are going to be aligned next season club wise? Pretty sure Canham is Bond and Dangunu to Sunnybank I think but don't know others. Thought it was good the reds spread the wealth a bit last season with sending players to clubs like Norths and Sunnybank

Cole

Allen Oxlade (6)
What’s the definition of madness again………keep doing the same things and expect different results!!!!
Don't know much about GPS, but they were competitive last season weren't they? Were there other issues? I know they held interviews, pretty sure Souths Colts coaches applied but Sio obviously won the job

Watchingrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
GPS have confirmed their coaching setup for next year. Looks like James Pritchard has been poached from the Brothers Colts setup. Looks to also work for QRU as a Rugby Manager, shall be interesting to see if they can improve from last year.

View attachment 20670
One of their coaches is going to be very busy

Attachments

• 7B68BEA8-F2C0-415D-A25B-1E2954612FBE.png
    7B68BEA8-F2C0-415D-A25B-1E2954612FBE.png
    282.8 KB · Views: 127

Wilson

Phil Kearns (64)
I may have missed it, but is there infomation on where the new Rebels and any others new Reds recruits are going to be aligned next season club wise? Pretty sure Canham is Bond and Dangunu to Sunnybank I think but don't know others. Thought it was good the reds spread the wealth a bit last season with sending players to clubs like Norths and Sunnybank
Matt Gibbon is also bond, but I don't think it's a matter of spreading them around - almost all of them have existing club associations and it'll be they're choice if they stick to them or not. Lachie Anderson is the only one I'm not aware of having any existing club associations up here, no idea where he's ending up though.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Matt Gibbon is also bond, but I don't think it's a matter of spreading them around - almost all of them have existing club associations and it'll be they're choice if they stick to them or not. Lachie Anderson is the only one I'm not aware of having any existing club associations up here, no idea where he's ending up though.

wikipedia said he played for Randwick from 2016-2019 although 2020 he ended up at eastwood.

There could possibly be a Randwick connection at Crosby road?

Cole

Allen Oxlade (6)
OK, I may have that wrong but I thought guys like JTA, who didn't have previous club affiliations to my knowledge, were put into certain clubs. I'm not involved with Norths but my understanding is he's been really good around the club even though he didn't play much for them. Think it would be good policy if they don't do this for them to do it

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
OK, I may have that wrong but I thought guys like JTA, who didn't have previous club affiliations to my knowledge, were put into certain clubs. I'm not involved with Norths but my understanding is he's been really good around the club even though he didn't play much for them. Think it would be good policy if they don't do this for them to do it
Matt Gibbon and Josh Canham are already aligned with bond. They’ve been playing for the bullsharks the last couple of years whilst they were with the rebs

Wilson

Phil Kearns (64)
It's my understanding that under the CBA they have no scope to direct them to a specific club (though they can make them play in the local comp). The most they can ever do is ask nicely or suggest certain clubs, but there's no room for them to force them or even influence them too much via reward/punishment.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
It's my understanding that under the CBA they have no scope to direct them to a specific club (though they can make them play in the local comp). The most they can ever do is ask nicely or suggest certain clubs, but there's no room for them to force them or even influence them too much via reward/punishment.

always thought a nice idea would be allocating some type of top up money to the individual clubs that they could use to sway reds players to join them in clubland.

let’s say every club had 5000. A club could use that 5000 to convince a red to align to them or they could use that 5000 to support a couple of upcoming qld u16/u19 about to join the colts

obviously money doesn’t grow on tree so this program is unrealistic but I think in principle it could work with new incoming players maybe being directed to certain clubs.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
always thought a nice idea would be allocating some type of top up money to the individual clubs that they could use to sway reds players to join them in clubland.

let’s say every club had 5000. A club could use that 5000 to convince a red to align to them or they could use that 5000 to support a couple of upcoming qld u16/u19 about to join the colts

obviously money doesn’t grow on tree so this program is unrealistic but I think in principle it could work with new incoming players maybe being directed to certain clubs.

The unfortunate reality of that is not all clubs are equal in terms of their governance and community alignment.

Certain clubs tick all the boxes when it comes to fundraising, sponsorship and allocating those funds in an appropriate manner and others have been caught out flushing it down the dunny.

The QRU would need to have more insight and potential control into who is running each club at a board level before implementing something like you suggest. But we know how polarising that would be and most clubs don't want the QRU snooping on their business.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)

Someone who follows Norths closer would know more but didn't JTA play a decent amount of games? I want to say upwards of 7 games which is fair chunk for a professional player these days.

He definitely had a positive impact there.

Cole

Allen Oxlade (6)
Someone who follows Norths closer would know more but didn't JTA play a decent amount of games? I want to say upwards of 7 games which is fair chunk for a professional player these days.

he had 4 appearances, 3 starts and once from the bench. But thats kind of the point, these guys with the right attitude can be really valuable to a club even if they don't play much. If you happen to get more games from them its a bonus

Interested Viewer

Bob McCowan (2)
wikipedia said he played for Randwick from 2016-2019 although 2020 he ended up at eastwood.

There could possibly be a Randwick connection at Crosby road?
Given Norths have lost Cormac Daly it would be a good look for him to go there. I hear the Hooker from Norths is also in Japan.

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) will affiliate with either Souths or GPS although neither will see him.

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)

More like up to 7 games I believe and he has had a huge impact there and at the Reds.