• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Premier Rugby 2025

Spamnoodle

Sydney Middleton (9)
Do Souths owe you money too mate?
I'm saying it's likely bullshit that they owe anyone money.
It seems this PR rugby chap is the one with the Magpie vendetta.
He should go and use the shit he speaks for something positive and go fertilize the playing fields with it.

I guess it's a change from every second post whinging about Brothers though....

Hugh Jardon

Stan Wickham (3)
He should go and use the shit he speaks for something positive and go fertilize the playing fields with it.

that really made me LOL

warhorse

Bill Watson (15)

I think it is a reasonable question to be asking about the financial position of the Club, after a $160,000 loss in the 2023 season. The current position won't be known until the AGM, sometime in November. I would assume that if there is money owed, it will be disclosed in the Financial Report. I hope!

Spamnoodle

Sydney Middleton (9)
If it was a question being asked I'd just scroll on, but it's a continual stream of rumours, from a particular poster, being stated as a fact. I felt it needed to be called out.

I've got no idea on Souths financials other than it's always been a club that has a battled hard and punched above it's weight.
Hopefully those people who collect a paycheck are payed.

Watchingrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
If it was a question being asked I'd just scroll on, but it's a continual stream of rumours, from a particular poster, being stated as a fact. I felt it needed to be called out.

I've got no idea on Souths financials other than it's always been a club that has a battled hard and punched above it's weight.
Hopefully those people who collect a paycheck are payed.
My friend - get use to this on this site - rumours are often stated here that purport to being facts………”I have heard…….”, ‘Someone close to the club has told me….”, “Speaking to someone at the club………..”, “One of the players told me………” etc etc etc……

Spamnoodle

Sydney Middleton (9)
My friend - get use to this on this site - rumours are often stated here that purport to being facts………”I have heard…….”, ‘Someone close to the club has told me….”, “Speaking to someone at the club………..”, “One of the players told me………” etc etc etc……
Yeah I know. This one just got under my skin, probably because there have been a series of them.
Unfortunately it's hard to come by any news of our beloved Hospital Cup anywhere else.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well said Spamnoodle - I think with the lack of QPR exposure generally most of us here turn to G&GR to satisfy our itch but it is sad that there is no journalistic credibility in what is contributed to this site. Club allegiance also gets in the way sometimes.
Over time you will be able to appreciate what is fact and rumour.
One fact that runs deep - if you don’t support Brothers then it is anyone but the Filth.
But for my Brothers colleagues - winners are grinners and losers can please themselves. Enjoy the premiership.

Cole

Allen Oxlade (6)
I heard the Brothers GM on a podcast a little while ago talking about them organising a preseason comp with a couple of clubs (no names were mentioned) from Qld, NSW and ACT each. I think the idea was they would all travel to either Sydney or Brisbane on alternate years and play eachother. Does anyone have any info or know if this is likely to go ahead and what clubs might be involved?

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
I heard the Brothers GM on a podcast a little while ago talking about them organising a preseason comp with a couple of clubs (no names were mentioned) from Qld, NSW and ACT each. I think the idea was they would all travel to either Sydney or Brisbane on alternate years and play eachother. Does anyone have any info or know if this is likely to go ahead and what clubs might be involved?

I’m guessing it’s what happened this year at club championship… that was a festival of rugby

Ras

Allen Oxlade (6)
I hear they're looking at a multi week (2/3) preseason comp similar to NRL as an exhibition between comps - trying to build on the concept at crosby were they had the sunshine coast play against roma as well as canberra vs wests

Cole

Allen Oxlade (6)
I’m guessing it’s what happened this year at club championship… that was a festival of rugby
It was that idea, but they were organising it themselves as they saw value in playing clubs from other comps and had built up relationships with them over the last few years with Aus Club Champioship, but it wasn't that, this was going to be a separate pre season set of games. maybe 5 or 6 clubs across the 3 main comps. It was on the Qld Rugby Pod, link below with Lochie Lawrence from Brothers. Haven't listened to it in a while but it was a good chat and not a bad local rugby pod too.

Wilson

Phil Kearns (64)
Do you know if the Storm are sniffing around as well? Or just purely signed via the Falcons?
Not the original poster, but I had also heard there was interest from NRL sides. That said it was very much off the rumour mill (and over many beers), so take it with a bucket of salt.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
GPS have confirmed their coaching setup for next year. Looks like James Pritchard has been poached from the Brothers Colts setup. Looks to also work for QRU as a Rugby Manager, shall be interesting to see if they can improve from last year.

1729053443511.png

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Guessing all the coaching staffs are coming back?

I thought perhaps a change at Sunnybank and Easts but haven’t heard anything to suggest a change is incoming.