• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Are there any major changes expected to either team?

I am sure Pup put in the courtesy call to JS just confirming there is zero chance of any of Brothers Wallabies can play. Honestly if the test match was in Australia, I could potentially see some of the guys being released for QPR, but you'd imagine the entire squad is on the plane to Argentina.

Is Junkyard dog out?

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
You'd think he would want to play if it was only a sprain.

I wonder how much influence Kiss will have on his availability considering the Reds upcoming tour schedule.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I don't see Kiss demanding he be rested if he's ok to play - next announced match for the Reds isn't until November 4. That is assuming there's no challenger series, but I doubt they'd be resting players to have them fit for it anyway.

Also, big game experience is vital for these young guys, it's rare they get to play too much off meaning at a reasonably professional level

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Any idea what time the Prem game kicks off on Sunday? While its somewhat fortuitous that it falls on Fathers day, it does present some logistical challenges I'm trying to navigate.

Mr Pilfer

Dave Cowper (27)
Would love to see Grason get another shot somewhere in the future. Another local product the Force let slip and could have been giving more game time too, rather than bringing in someone from over east like Poolman who hasn't proven to be any better.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
He isn’t playing and I heard he required surgery.
Yeah what a loss for the spectacle - dude is a freak of a livewire.

the other thing we also lost in the process is the matchup of 2 reds vying for a winger spot. Vunivalu actually stepped up last week against his opposite man in Mac Grearly and I think Tim Ryan would of continued to show a energised Vunivalu

hdnmstsnr

Peter Burge (5)
Matt Gicquel (GPS) wins the 2024 Alec Evans medal.
Firstly, congrats to a player who is absolutely deserving of this accolade. The type of consistency, high-level skill base and approach to the game that begs an accolade like the Alec Evans Medal. Matt Gicquel was a standout exponent of the game we love in 2024. Gicquel, as well as Herbert, Stewart and James from Souths were my four faves for the season. Eli Pils was also a consistent standout, with Dom Fraser and Jake Tierney flying the flag for the engine room. Stowers and Campbell were dynamic for Bond, but it was a team that needed go-forward and aggression up front and struggled all season to get it.