• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Wallabies and Reds are there because that’s their club. Can you imagine if the reds players were shared around the clubs? The competition would be in a better place. It’s a disgrace that come the finals brothers, wests and UQ will stack their sides with reds, rebels and drua players.

they already getting shared around. Don’t you think it’s surprising last offseason the 2 highly touted reds signing props ended up at bottom dwellers Sunnybank and norths

also look at Conor Daly - the lock from this season. Played at Randwick last year and for some reason chose to align with Norths (even though his coach at Randwick moved up this year to coach brothers)

sharing new players across qpr is a good policy but I don’t think we should interfere with the current lot of players currently playing QPR but with aspirations of super rugby.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Wallabies and Reds are there because that’s their club. Can you imagine if the reds players were shared around the clubs? The competition would be in a better place. It’s a disgrace that come the finals brothers, wests and UQ will stack their sides with reds, rebels and drua players.

Flook, McReight, Ryan Smith, Tim Ryan and Harry Wilson all played brothers as juniors or colts before making the Reds/Wallabies.

Why should Brothers have to spread those players around?

Rugby follower

Billy Sheehan (19)
they already getting shared around. Don’t you think it’s surprising last offseason the 2 highly touted reds signing props ended up at bottom dwellers Sunnybank and norths

also look at Conor Daly - the lock from this season. Played at Randwick last year and for some reason chose to align with Norths (even though his coach at Randwick moved up this year to coach brothers)

sharing new players across qpr is a good policy but I don’t think we should interfere with the current lot of players currently playing QPR but with aspirations of super rugby.
I think the policy of sharing new Reds players around worked well this year especially for Norths. Jeff has been an outstanding pick up for them. Long may they continue to share new Reds players around and not just push them to the more successful clubs which was happening previously.

Brian O’Driscoll

Allen Oxlade (6)

They don’t get shared evenly is my point.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
So why do they get Faessler, Stewart, Tupou, O’Connor, Hoopert etc??

Faessler, O’Connor and Hoopert all played for Brothers before playing super rugby. Stewart I think was Bond and then changed to Brothers. Tupou probably the only one from that group who potentially got assigned there, even then he played a full season of club rugby before debuting for the Reds.

I am not even a Brothers supporter but credit where it’s due, they’ve produced a lot of good players recently who have come through their own pathway. You need to stop worrying about what other clubs are doing and sort your own development out.

Brian O’Driscoll

Allen Oxlade (6)
Faessler, O’Connor and Hoopert all played for Brothers before playing super rugby. Stewart I think was Bond and then changed to Brothers. Tupou probably the only one from that group who potentially got assigned there, even then he played a full season of club rugby before debuting for the Reds.

I am not even a Brothers supporter but credit where it’s due, they’ve produced a lot of good players recently who have come through their own pathway. You need to stop worrying about what other clubs are doing and sort your own development out.
I’m not aligned to any club mate.
Just trying to point out what is out there. Tupou didn’t get assigned to brothers but as he was already signed by the reds and the ARU they should have sent him elsewhere and also blocked Stewart from going there.

As for Cormac Daly he didn’t play for Norths this year as he was injured.

The QRU won’t bring in the points system because a particular staff member doesn’t want to do the work.

Sideline Hack

Peter Burge (5)
Just trying to point out what is out there. Tupou didn’t get assigned to brothers but as he was already signed by the reds and the ARU they should have sent him elsewhere and also blocked Stewart from going there.

The QRU won’t bring in the points system because a particular staff member doesn’t want to do the work.
Highly defensive of a certain schoolboy flyhallf and an axe to grind against Brothers - yeah no alignment to any club. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Ras

Brian O’Driscoll

Allen Oxlade (6)
Highly defensive of a certain schoolboy flyhallf and an axe to grind against Brothers - yeah no alignment to any club. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
The Flyhalf gets picked on a lot and most of it is unwarranted
No axe to grind against brothers but they always get the rub of the green ‍
I want rugby to be successful in Australia and what the provinces don’t understand is that having the same couple of clubs at the bottom each year and the same three or four clubs making finals each year people get bored.
They then find something else to watch, follow and play

♂️

footinbothcamps

Frank Row (1)

Tupou's brother Criff was already playing rugby @ Brothers when Taniela signed with the reds.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
from memory, when he signed up with Brothers - brothers had next to no Reds players

Yeh from memory there was a time during the early 2000s till about 2015 where they didn't have a whole lot of active Super Rugby players.

I believe the Rohrig Development Program kicked off around 2015 which then led to a number of these current players coming through the ranks.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Yeh from memory there was a time during the early 2000s till about 2015 where they didn't have a whole lot of active Super Rugby players.

I believe the Rohrig Development Program kicked off around 2015 which then led to a number of these current players coming through the ranks.

i wonder if you can make correlation of Sam Cordingly at the rebels, coming back to QLD and then suddenly a sleuth of signings of reds at brothers (excluding brothers Jrs & colts of course)

I remember people got upset when George smith aligned with the brethren but why would he choose another club is the question? Brothers and UQ are the benchmark clubs last decade.

LevitatingSocks

Fred Wood (13)
Brisbane City Council have agreed to a new plan for Crosby Park after the original Olympic precinct was cancelled:
I hope a substantial carve-out of that budget is for new grass and drainage. Brothers is a rough place to hit the dirt.