• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

JRugby2

Ted Fahey (11)
They’re building for next year. Big few years ahead
1723158613392.png

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Tips for the last round:

Wests v Souths - they could be playing again next week in the 3v4 semi final depending on what happens Sunday afternoon at Chipsy Wood. This looks an even money contest on paper. Heart says Souths. Head says Wests. Wests win and they’re in the major semi. Souths win and they might still be in the minor semi. Bulldogs by 4.

UQ v Bond - well in my opinion, Bond have the been the big disappointment of season 2024 after last year. They will be looking at 2025 and I expect Uni of QLD will score 40+ for the fourth time in 4 games. They look primed for the finals. St Lucia for the last time in 2024 will see a big UQ win.

Brothers v GPS - there won’t be many Catholics at Suncorp on Saturday. They’ll all be at Albion or at Tennyson. Brothers are spluttering into the finals with a few late season injuries and certainly don’t have the impetus of 2023 nor the influx of rep talent. James O’Connor not named but I expect to see him take the field and then play finals. GPS have Floyd back at 15. However, they had the bye last week and Phil Clinton would have had them on the tins. Mad Monday for Yoku Road’s best. Brothers by 8+

Easts v Norths - last week the Eagles held the minor premiers to a draw and the Tigers were edged by the Bulldogs. I didn’t think either team had much to play for until I checked where they are on the table. It’s 7th v 8th and who wants to come 8th out of 9? Even worse, if Easts lose by 25+ they collect the wooden spoon from Sunnybank. Playing at home, the Tigers by 10.

Last edited:

Brian O’Driscoll

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thats if they can keep players there. I’m seeing some passionate words from people of social media saying leave our juniors alone. They’ve had some great juniors come through but lose alot to Brothers etc come junior colts/colts time.
I think you’ll find after last weeks results against the filth things will start to change at the nest. The nudgee boys can now consider Norths as a genuine option instead of being sheep and following the masses to Crosby.
If Norths can get half a dozen of more players from both nudgee and Padua firsts/secinds for next year they will definitely be a lot more competitive next year.

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)
I think you’ll find after last weeks results against the filth things will start to change at the nest. The nudgee boys can now consider Norths as a genuine option instead of being sheep and following the masses to Crosby.
If Norths can get half a dozen of more players from both nudgee and Padua firsts/secinds for next year they will definitely be a lot more competitive next year.
Anyone got mail on norths team this wee? A few key names missing in the backs

warhorse

Bill Watson (15)
Souths can now jump to 2nd place with a win over Wests tomorrow. A non bonus point win would have them finish on 59. Equal with UQ. As long as Wests don't get two bonus points(4 tries and less than 7 points loss) it would come down to number of wins for the season and Souths would have 11 to UQ 10.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Souths can now jump to 2nd place with a win over Wests tomorrow. A non bonus point win would have them finish on 59. Equal with UQ. As long as Wests don't get two bonus points(4 tries and less than 7 points loss) it would come down to number of wins for the season and Souths would have 11 to UQ 10.

should be a cracker.

The matches today had dead rubber feels to them and all the underdogs got up and finished their seasons strong.

Tomorrow should be a big day at chipsy wood knowing the major semi final spot is up for grabs.

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)
Whoever they were they did well. Another great result, just need the season to be going another month, they are flying!!!! Need to keep on building for 2025 and make sure their recruitment is spot on.
Norths appears to have won 3rds 2nds n prems and just lost colts

they did not have
Chittenden
Toloi
McCulloch
Muir
Donoghue
Luke

the Norths forwards are playing great 1 to 8 - JTA such an impact and a great clubman. Langbridge boys tough as nails and skillful to boot

rapt

Frank Nicholson (4)
Norths appears to have won 3rds 2nds n prems and just lost colts

they did not have
Chittenden
Toloi
McCulloch
Muir
Donoghue
Luke

the Norths forwards are playing great 1 to 8 - JTA such an impact and a great clubman. Langbridge boys tough as nails and skillful to boot
Easts hasn’t recorded 3rd/2nds on RX, I was talking to a few players and they told me that Easts won the 3rd/2nd Grades today.

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Going to be a wet week with lots of rain forecast for Brisbane over the first 3 days of the work week.

But at this stage the forecast for next Saturday’s major semi finals is a sunny 28C.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)

Not to be a wet blanket as Norths have been better than usual this year but I’m not sure there will be a mass shift in allegiance due to one game.

Brothers are still in the box seat to win back to back premierships in 1st grade which is pretty much the best advertisement for a club. They’ve got a respected head coach who will attract a lot of talent and a proven method for guys to come through a high performance juniors and colts pathway and become Wallabies.

I admire the passion from the Norths supporters with this strong back end to the season but probably need to temper expectations.

Brian O’Driscoll

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not to be a wet blanket as Norths have been better than usual this year but I’m not sure there will be a mass shift in allegiance due to one game.

Brothers are still in the box seat to win back to back premierships in 1st grade which is pretty much the best advertisement for a club. They’ve got a respected head coach who will attract a lot of talent and a proven method for guys to come through a high performance juniors and colts pathway and become Wallabies.

I admire the passion from the Norths supporters with this strong back end to the season but probably need to temper expectations.
I disagree. I don’t understand why EVERYONE goes to Brothers. If you have talent you could end up playing lower colts or grades there. Go to another club where there are more opportunitie. Look at the 12 for colts 1 at Norths. Made his Prem grade debut (off the bench) which is fantastic. Brothers were offering him colts 3, colts 2 at best. I get that brothers has been successful in the past and yes they may make and win the Prem grade grand final this year, but there colts program is in freefall. I believe it’s the first time in a very longtime that colts 1 AND colts 2 haven’t made finals at Crosby. Boys coming out of school now have options instead of just brothers.

LevitatingSocks

Fred Wood (13)
I disagree. I don’t understand why EVERYONE goes to Brothers. If you have talent you could end up playing lower colts or grades there. Go to another club where there are more opportunitie. Look at the 12 for colts 1 at Norths. Made his Prem grade debut (off the bench) which is fantastic. Brothers were offering him colts 3, colts 2 at best. I get that brothers has been successful in the past and yes they may make and win the Prem grade grand final this year, but there colts program is in freefall. I believe it’s the first time in a very longtime that colts 1 AND colts 2 haven’t made finals at Crosby. Boys coming out of school now have options instead of just brothers.
They're wealthy and thus have perks like free strapping for Saturdays and training or internships/jobs to throw around. They have a brand around Brisbane as evidenced by the number of navy caps with a white B I see outside of rugby. Most of their friends head there. Wallabies and Reds seem to hang around the club more than others.

I don't care for Brothers but they offer a lot to players.

Brian O’Driscoll

Allen Oxlade (6)
They're wealthy and thus have perks like free strapping for Saturdays and training or internships/jobs to throw around. They have a brand around Brisbane as evidenced by the number of navy caps with a white B I see outside of rugby. Most of their friends head there. Wallabies and Reds seem to hang around the club more than others.

I don't care for Brothers but they offer a lot to players.
Wallabies and Reds are there because that’s their club. Can you imagine if the reds players were shared around the clubs? The competition would be in a better place. It’s a disgrace that come the finals brothers, wests and UQ will stack their sides with reds, rebels and drua players.