• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)
Can’t praise JTA highly enough for his passion and promotion for both the Reds and Norths - his impact at club level is so impressive and you can see the lift other players get from having him there.

Have to say well done for Norths management for getting Hall, Goggin, Kimura, Minimbi, Toloi And Woolford they have made a huge impact if only they were around from the start of the season and if they also got some use out of Cormac Daly. Keep building Norths your heading in right direction.

Such a successful day for a club that does not have the resources and membership Brothers etc do.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
How much of what Norths have been doing can be chalked up to the impact of JTA?

After multiple coaching teams for the past couple of decades and nothing working, it seems like a key player (or maybe several per the above) have really turned the team around on the park.

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)
How much of what Norths have been doing can be chalked up to the impact of JTA?

After multiple coaching teams for the past couple of decades and nothing working, it seems like a key player (or maybe several per the above) have really turned the team around on the park.
We have seen them competitive before when they had the likes of Hewat Duncan Pauiau Luke Chitto Jooste and a few others I can’t recall - be great for the comp if all non Brisbane origin players could be more widely spread amongst cellar dwellers

PJRugby

Frank Row (1)
Awesome to See a legend in Tim Naiai Williams play for the Heavies on the weekend. Handy pick up for the Students and very exciting weekend coming with “the battle of the nerds” and Heenos homecoming to Stade

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Awesome to See a legend in Tim Naiai Williams play for the Heavies on the weekend. Handy pick up for the Students and very exciting weekend coming with “the battle of the nerds” and Heenos homecoming to Stade

What’s the deal with this? What he studying out at St Lucia

Handy addition up by the students… no doubt he will be nowhere near qualifying for this years qpr playoffs?

PJRugby

Frank Row (1)

Handy addition up by the students… no doubt he will be nowhere near qualifying for this years qpr playoffs?
Yeah to my knowledge cut off was late June so doubt he made it as I believe he was still in France, none of the less still good for them and help get the higher grades all into finals. Believe 1st and 2 are locked in and 3rd grade comes down to this weekend

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)
What a fucking stupid comment. If referees aren't allowed to referee the clubs they played for in community rugby - there'd be a whole bunch of games being controlled by mums and dads on the sidelines. Where do you think referees come from?

What a fucking stupid comment. If referees aren't allowed to referee the clubs they played for in community rugby - there'd be a whole bunch of games being controlled by mums and dads on the sidelines. Where do you think referees come from?
Whoa boy, easy now, why so triggered ?

Bloke played for the club for 10years and the family history adds a lot more to the story.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah to my knowledge cut off was late June so doubt he made it as I believe he was still in France, none of the less still good for them and help get the higher grades all into finals. Believe 1st and 2 are locked in and 3rd grade comes down to this weekend

If he's only going to be playing 2 games I think the only potential loophole for finals would be if the Reds have signed him effective immediately. Fairly sure the only players exemption from qualification rules are QRU contracted players.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)

I think he's related to Herman Hunt from UQ, if Pig Athletics' social media is anything to go by!

rapt

Frank Nicholson (4)
Can’t praise JTA highly enough for his passion and promotion for both the Reds and Norths - his impact at club level is so impressive and you can see the lift other players get from having him there.

Have to say well done for Norths management for getting Hall, Goggin, Kimura, Minimbi, Toloi And Woolford they have made a huge impact if only they were around from the start of the season and if they also got some use out of Cormac Daly. Keep building Norths your heading in right direction.

Such a successful day for a club that does not have the resources and membership Brothers etc do.
I’ve got a feeling that Belly isn’t getting 100% supported to do what he wants to do with the rugby program there, whats important is showing the young players there that there is something worth sticking at the club for.

Its the first year in a while that you’d see some names in the 2nd and 3rd grade team lists who in previous years would of just spat the dummy and left the club, so the buy in of the playing group is good it seems.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Amazing effort considering there is another 10,000 rugby fans out at Tennyson
r/RugbyAustralia - Wallabies vs Springboks nearing a sellout

PJRugby

Frank Row (1)
I see only grand finals being played at Ballymore again this year.

Is this an ongoing situation for QPR?
Seems to be, have had this since 21’ but the problem for me is the grounds that elect to have it are shiteeee, like nothing worse then playing in the dirt of wests or GPS. I believe it’s easier for QRU as it wouldn’t cost nearly as much as opening the bar and food at Ballymore for an additional 4 days. I do think it takes away from playing at ballymore as a Queenslander ballymore is by far my favourite ground to play on in Queensland.

but the clubs that gist I do wish the best of luck for them to turn a profit