• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

warhorse

Bill Watson (15)
What happened there? Is it a supporter or is it an assistant to the coach? Did the official (AR) strike first and his arm gets pushed away?
To me it looks like the AR reaches out to shake the GPS supporter/assistant/reserve player's hand and he knocks it away. The GPS coach can be seen directing their captain, who is protesting the final decision, away from the ref. before the AR comes into the group of players and officials and extends his hand to the person in the tracksuit hoodie.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It is pretty clearly assistant coach Kelevi Tuicolo when you watch the footage.

He shoves the hand away when presented with it.

Not a great look but also don’t think anything more to be done. And definitely not some random supporter going out of his way to shove the bloke as first reported.

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Pretty sure the assistant referee is blocking KT from speaking to the referee.

You can see the direction of his arm and then his body turn.

There is also an unidentified person on the grassy knoll.

LevitatingSocks

Ted Fahey (11)
Not to sound like a pearl clutcher, but that's a worse look from a coach than a random supporter. Don't be a dickhead to the refs when they're just doing a job. Give fair criticism when it's deserved but don't put your hands on them.

rapt

Stan Wickham (3)
Thought Uni were very average today after putting a cricket score on Wests last week. Weird to say but really struggled at times with Norths physicality, No 13 for uni chopped in half at one stage, then didn’t see anything from him. Norths just didn’t have the class to win but keep on lifting the bar albeit from a low level.
Didn’t see JTA coming on that one, and one of the last people i’d want to run into.
Where are all the Eagles opportunistic sledgers now ? colts 1 beat Uni - n their Prems get JTA back n a few new overseas players in and had Uni covered in 2nd half - they should claim a few more scalps this season
The couple of english lads (4 & 8) looked decent, they are a fairly young team too so just need to keep the core together and mix some of those Colts in.

Not a great look but also don’t think anything more to be done. And definitely not some random supporter going out of his way to shove the bloke as first reported.
KT is generally a pretty composed, and a nice bloke too, might need to load up Stan and suss this one.

Watchingrugby

Bob McCowan (2)

My friend - you need to put down your blue and green tinted glasses - the QRU has sent out notices to all clubs that abuse of referees will no longer be tolerated this season and clubs are on notice that they will be fined for continued abuse + coaches will be cited - there is absolutely no excuse for touching a referee - what Tuicolo did on Saturday is unforgivable and hopefully he will be cited and held accountable for his actions - coming from a ‘premier’ grade coach you would expect much better behaviour - his actions send an extremely poor message to other players and coaches.

Ras

Peter Burge (5)
Bad form GPS in the last couple of weeks, a Colts 1 referee called a game 5-10 minutes early after repeated abuse when they played against brothers I believe.
You would have thought the club would have put everyone on notice after that.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
My friend - you need to put down your blue and green tinted glasses - the QRU has sent out notices to all clubs that abuse of referees will no longer be tolerated this season and clubs are on notice that they will be fined for continued abuse + coaches will be cited - there is absolutely no excuse for touching a referee - what Tuicolo did on Saturday is unforgivable and hopefully he will be cited and held accountable for his actions - coming from a ‘premier’ grade coach you would expect much better behaviour - his actions send an extremely poor message to other players and coaches.

The AR puts his arm out in front of Kelevi to stop him and Kelevi pushes the arm away and keeps walking, no words spoken and the AR initiates the contact. Not sure what other action was supposed to happen?

Watchingrugby

Bob McCowan (2)
The AR puts his arm out in front of Kelevi to stop him and Kelevi pushes the arm away and keeps walking, no words spoken and the AR initiates the contact. Not sure what other action was supposed to happen?
Tuicolo had a choice and made the wrong choice - he simply should have kept on walking and not in anyway engage with the refreee or AR in what was a clearly heated end to a game - clearly shows what poor judgement he has - you dont touch a referee or AR full stop - this is taught to players from a very early age - i m sure you would have had a entirely different view of the matter if it had been another club involved

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Not going to keep going back and forth as we clearly don't agree. I did say earlier that it isn't a great look, but I think the sensualisation that he was gone out of his way to push a ref is simply a false narrative. He was following the head coach onto the field and towards other GPS players, he wasn't waiting for the bloke in the change rooms and he didn't initiate the contact.

If the QRU decide he gets a fine or something, fair enough.

Watchingrugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Not going to keep going back and forth as we clearly don't agree. I did say earlier that it isn't a great look, but I think the sensualisation that he was gone out of his way to push a ref is simply a false narrative. He was following the head coach onto the field and towards other GPS players, he wasn't waiting for the bloke in the change rooms and he didn't initiate the contact.

If the QRU decide he gets a fine or something, fair enough.
Nobody has said he has pushed a ref - he touched a ref in a heated moment and this is a no go zone - As i said, i am sure you would have had a completely different view if it didn’t involve the GPS club

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Potentially around 20 super rugby players to filter back into clubs starting this weekend.

Could really change the fortunes of a few teams. I think Brothers just get stronger though, but the race for 2nd-4th should be good.

Reactions: Ras

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Potentially around 20 super rugby players to filter back into clubs starting this weekend.

Could really change the fortunes of a few teams. I think Brothers just get stronger though, but the race for 2nd-4th should be good.

there was super rugby players on weekend. Norths, Easts and wests most notable where I saw players with super rugby caps under their belt for 2024 turning out.

what’s the quota of super rugby games to hit the mandated rest period by RUPA?