• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

rapt

Stan Wickham (3)
All those Norths knckers

18-7 at Norths those comments (justified) not looking good ATM.

love to see the underdog get up if they can finish it off
Was a grind of a game, big E J had a game to remember

Last edited:

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Here we go with a wet Saturday. This may even things up a bit

East to good for Norths. Unfortunately I can't see North's winning a game this year. Easts by 12
West V South could be closer then with think with the help of the wet weather. Souths have a good back however Wests by 5 points
Uni and Bond is a toss of the coin. I see Uni have 3 Oates brothers in the side. Bond might just get home with the home ground advantage. Bond bye 3
GPS V Brothers the game of the round. GPS are tough to beat at home however just looked at the Brothers side with JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and Lloyd returning with Kapa and Fraser back will be too strong for GPS. Brothers have a superior pack. Brothers by 1

Here we go with a wet Saturday. This may even things up a bit

East to good for Norths. Unfortunately I can't see North's winning a game this year. Easts by 12
West V South could be closer then with think with the help of the wet weather. Souths have a good back however Wests by 5 points
Uni and Bond is a toss of the coin. I see Uni have 3 Oates brothers in the side. Bond might just get home with the home ground advantage. Bond bye 3
GPS V Brothers the game of the round. GPS are tough to beat at home however just looked at the Brothers side with JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and Lloyd returning with Kapa and Fraser back will be too strong for GPS. Brothers have a superior pack. Brothers by 10
I honestly thought Norths were building and they have actually have a good record against Easts at home. Well done to the club right thru the grades and colts, their results are improving, just not quite getting the results they need. Not dire straights by any means, a bit more depth they become even more competitive.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Bond v UQ yesterday

Reactions: Ras

rapt

Stan Wickham (3)
lol the two struggling clubs won this weekend Norths and Souths. Well done to both as you had nearly been written off especially Norths. BTW Souths now second on the ladder.
Think its a bit harsh those saying Souths struggling!

This years strugglers are Norths, Easts and Sunnybank, only though the Bank and Easts have some bonus point losses

LevitatingSocks

Ted Fahey (11)
Looking at the ladder, the discrepancy in +/- between Brothers and the rest of the leading teams is eye opening. +134 for Brothers and the rest of the top 4 are in the +35-40 range.

rapt

Stan Wickham (3)
Looking at the ladder, the discrepancy in +/- between Brothers and the rest of the leading teams is eye opening. +134 for Brothers and the rest of the top 4 are in the +35-40 range.
They definately look the goods this year, hopefully they just get too cocky and over confident come finals time.

FTF

Stan Wickham (3)
Anybody know what has happened to Oahu Davy-Philips?? Spent a year in NZ
Came back and is at the filth. Was meant to be the next big thing and has hardly played a game and isn’t starting Prem grade.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
They did the first round with the odd appearance of Lawson and JOC (James O'Connor) last weekend, you may need to cross more than just your fingers haha

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
With Super coming to a close most players would have the two weeks off then head into camp or back to club - any feedback in terms of which clubs benefit the most?

Brothers, West, GPS, Bond and UQ could look very different pending who is called into camp - Sunnybank could also upset the pecking order with an upset or two.

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
GPS can be a tough team. Easts love beating GPS. But maybe GPS to win because Pilz is out. And Tigers got beaten by Norths last week. But zero confidence.

Sunnybank will test Bond and beat them in round 1. Bond should win. But a draw is a big possibility.

Hopefully the ref for this game gets more help from his ARs than last week. Wests are out of form and have lost 3 out of last 5 but will UQ be too good? I pick Wests.

Souths will beat Norths. Just a hunch.

Apologies if you support any of these teams, which based on my recent tipping are likely going to lose.