• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Did Wests and Uni play a basketball game or a rugby game with that 68-41 score?

UQ went in the sheds up 40 points to zip at half time.

from there they coasted to their win.

there’s a few boys in wests prems who have no business being there. I’m guessing injuries and rep duties are the reason why they can’t settle on combos.

season started so promising for bulldogs so they do need to get their sh** together and find their form. It’s probably the first time since 2021 that they sit outside the top 4 so they definitely don’t control their own destiny at the moment.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
With Super coming to a close most players would have the two weeks off then head into camp or back to club - any feedback in terms of which clubs benefit the most?

Brothers, West, GPS, Bond and UQ could look very different pending who is called into camp - Sunnybank could also upset the pecking order with an upset or two.
The Reds post season schedule this year may limit the returning players a bit, with those games against Wales and Tonga probably requiring the full squad after Wallabies and injuries. There should be a couple of weeks of free availablity before then but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few held back or given longer breaks if they've played a lot of minutes during super.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
With Super coming to a close most players would have the two weeks off then head into camp or back to club - any feedback in terms of which clubs benefit the most?

Brothers, West, GPS, Bond and UQ could look very different pending who is called into camp - Sunnybank could also upset the pecking order with an upset or two.

I am not sure GPS have many to come back. I am sure they'd like Alex Mafi to come down but I think he might be heading to Japan for 2025 so could decide to not risk injury.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Few other rebels players at GPS Phil.
Some will be playing for their next contract. Others will be resting because they already got their next contract

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Last years rebels:

GPS - Tuttle, Lukhan, Talakai, Mafi, Tualima
Bond - Gibbon, Canham (now Ripley)
Sunnybank - Feliuai
East - Wilkin
UQ - Callan (previously Kailea, Jooste, Pincus)
West - The rest of them :)

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Few other rebels players at GPS Phil.
Some will be playing for their next contract. Others will be resting because they already got their next contract

From what I have heard only Tualima and Tuttle likely to play any significant minutes. But I think a lot of that situation is still very up in the air.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Last years rebels:

GPS - Tuttle, Lukhan, Talakai, Mafi, Tualima
Bond - Gibbon, Canham (now Ripley)
Sunnybank - Feliuai
East - Wilkin
UQ - Callan (previously Kailea, Jooste, Pincus)
West - The rest of them :)

Some of these qld boys will end up at the Waratahs so it will be interesting to see if their club rugby commitments start immediately or next year down in Shute Shield

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Confucius got himself 3 out of 4 last week with the Wests Rebdogs losing to the improving UQ.

Round 11 tips:

Wests have only beaten Norths and Easts since they had the bye in round 4. Not sure what they did that weekend but it wasn’t helpful for their season momentum. Last time they played Sunnybank, they won by a solitary point. Wests should be too strong otherwise their season is on tilt.

Brothers look settled and at home, should add to the impressive for and against margin they have built over the rest of the clubs. Easts have lost 3, then won 3, then lost 3. Do they start another hat trick of wins? I doubt it.

GPS have speed and power to burn outside but they rarely get the ball with any space or shape. Their forwards have scored the bulk of their tries this year. Won’t change tomorrow with a kiwi halfback who loves to snipe from the scrum and a safa 10 who loves to kick. This will be a toss of the coin game. GPS if they get the ball to the flanks. Souths if they don’t.

UQ don’t like playing away and have only beaten Sunnybank this year in their non-St Lucia games. UQ are in the top 4 now. Expect them to jump into the top 3 with a bonus point victory over the Eagles.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Thought Uni were very average today after putting a cricket score on Wests last week. Weird to say but really struggled at times with Norths physicality, No 13 for uni chopped in half at one stage, then didn’t see anything from him. Norths just didn’t have the class to win but keep on lifting the bar albeit from a low level.