• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

SOTG

I was meaning that Brothers Coach Anthony Matheson may have sent them back to play Reserve grade this weekend.

But I confused myself in relation to Simon Craig comment because it is Souths who are playing Brothers this weekend in which case it would be the Souths Reserve Grade coach who wouldn't be pleased to see them run out in Reserve Grade this weekend.

Having said that they are probably all injured.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Guys we are looking for a match report from the Easts v Norths match this weekend. Can anyone help us out?

T

Tigers Tale

Sully happy to do it but feel as though one of my Easts colleagues or the Eagle Trainer might be a little more impartial.!!!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Sully happy to do it but feel as though one of my Easts colleagues or the Eagle Trainer might be a little more impartial.!!!

Can you fill me in on who Tony Bartley is? Named on the wing for Easts.

Would have thought Matt Carroll was the next in line with Faulkner out.

Also they forgot to name a blindside, but I suspect it is James Moore.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Can you fill me in on who Tony Bartley is? Named on the wing for Easts.

Would have thought Matt Carroll was the next in line with Faulkner out.

Also they forgot to name a blindside, but I suspect it is James Moore.

I am pretty sure he played in the same Iona College 1st XV side as Chris Mansell. 2008?

Was a good player back then. Not sure of what he has done since then?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Some are reserving to partly answer your question, Xavier.
I can't remember who, I'll get back tomorrow or early Saturday to answer.

T

Tigers Tale

Changes to Tigers
Paraka, Ready, Sanday, Enever, Fattal, Moore, Parry, Manasa Rok, Deck, Mullins, Wilder, Bartley, White, Carroll, Placid

3 on debut: Manasa, Deck & Carroll which takes total of run on debuts in 2014 to 10, which just like a few clubs explains a slow start to the season as they form new combinations.

Despite missing Brandon on Saturday the Tigers will be looking to put a good performance on tomorrow before they take on Uni, GPS, Bros, Snbnk after Easter.

Tony Bartley is 23 & was born in Auckland & schooled at BSHS.

Club is hopeful that all it's Reds and Brumbies will be at Bottomley this Saturday and will present them to the Bottomley Crowd.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I'm looking forward to finding out if the team listed for Uni is actually the team. If so, it has Henry Elliott (aka Harry) listed to play in the centres rather than his customary back-row. Or maybe there's another Henry Elliott... :)

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Confirmed - Harry is playing 12. Agree that converting backrowers to centres has worked well, but it's usually done in colts, not when they're 25-ish. Still, he'll go well there and will certainly add some starch to the backline defense.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Confirmed - Harry is playing 12. Agree that converting backrowers to centres has worked well, but it's usually done in colts, not when they're 25-ish. Still, he'll go well there and will certainly add some starch to the backline defense.
Herb has form at 12 after playing there against Oxford and Cambridge on a rugby tour in 2011. Was close to man of the match in both those games a won't be hung over/drunk this time so I am sure he will be fine. Gold Coast look like a very good side after watching the sunnybank game. Will be a good battle down down at stade de heavy in front of the 500+ ladies.

T

Tigers Tale

The Easts boys will be disappointed that Uni chose to have ladies day v Bond because they enjoyed playing in front of the Uni ladies last year.

Easts don't have a good record for their own ladies days but have triumphed over Brothers(2011), Uni(2013) & Wests(2013) in away ladies day encounters.

So if you are looking to have a ladies day at your club look ahead and avoid playing the Tigers on your ladies day!!

Should be a nice day at St Lucia for the battle of the Unis, hope the club raises a lot of money for a worthy cause.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth & Warhorse - who is the favourite for tomorrow at Chipsy Wood?

It should be a cracker and those at nearby Bottomley will be very interested in the result.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth you'll need the wife to take those splinters out of your ......

Good luck.

Looking forward to Ladies Day at Crosby in Round 7 then!!

You did beat us in 2012 at Crosby on a Ladies Day - it was also Welsby Cup Day - that was the day Shannon Walker played for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.