• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Just looking at the Reds v Brumbies, how many ex Premier Rugby players were playing for the Brumbies. There's a lot going around that many might not notice.

List of those capped in Super Rugbg

Brothers
Dom Shipperely (Reds)
Brendan McKibbin (Waratahs)

Easts
Ed Quirk (Reds)
Blake Enever (Reds)
Aiden Toua (Reds)
Jonah Placid (Reds)
Ben Mowen (Brumbies)
Ruiadhri Murphy (Brumbies)
Jarrad Butler (Brumbies)

GPS
Nick Frisby (Reds)
Saia Fainga'a (Reds)
Anthony Fainga'a (Reds)
Sean McMahon (Rebels)
Bryce Hegarty (Rebels)
Junior Rasolea (Force)
Ruan Smith (Brumbies)
JP Smith (Brumbies)

Gold Coast
Ben Daley (Reds)
James Slipper (Reds)

Norths
Jess Mogg (Brumbies)

Souths
Quade Cooper (Reds)
Beau Robinson (Reds)
Chris Feauai-Sautia (Reds)

Sunnybank
Greg Holmes (Reds)
Albert Anae (Reds)
Rob Simmons (Reds)
Liam Gil (Reds)
Jake Shatz (Reds)
Ben Tapuai (Reds)
Ben Lucas (Reds)
Matt Lucas (Waratahs)
Ben Meehan (Rebels)
Paul Alo-Emile (Rebels)

Wests
Ed O'Donoghue (Reds)
Angus Cottrell (Force)
Hugh McMennimen (Force)
Scott Higginbotham (Rebels)

University
Jono Owen (Reds)
James Hanson (Reds)
James Horwill (Reds)
Dave McDuling (Reds)
Curtis Browning (Reds)
Mike Harris (Reds)
Rod Davies (Reds)
JJ Taulagi (Reds)
Heath Tessman (Force)
Ian Prior (Force)
Luke Morahan (Force)
Mitch Champman (Waratahs)
Jono Lance (Waratahs)
Laurie Weeks (Rebels)
Tevita Kuridrani (Brumbies)
Stephen Moore (Brumbies)

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Just looking at the Reds v Brumbies, how many ex Premier Rugby players were playing for the Brumbies. There's a lot going around that many might not notice.

Brothers: Shipperely, McKibbin

Easts: Quirk, Enever, Toua. Placid, Mowen, Murphy, Butler

GPS: Frisby, s.Fainga'a, A.Fainga'a, McMahon, Hegarty, Rasolea, R.Smith, JP.Smith

Gold Coast: Daley, Slipper

Norths: Mogg

Souths: Robinson, Feauia-Sautia,

Sunnybank: Holmes, Anae, Simmons, Shatz, Gill, Tapuai, Lucas, Alo-Emile, Meehan, B.Lucas

Wests: O'Donoghue, Higginbotham, Cottrell, McMenimen

University: Owen, Hanson, Horwill, Browning, McDuling, Harris, Davies, Taulagi, Tessman, Prior, Morahan, Chapman, Lance, Moore,

Wow Quade Cooper can't even get a mention?

LOL

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)

GPS: Frisby, s.Fainga'a, A.Fainga'a, McMahon, Hegarty, Rasolea, R.Smith, JP.Smith

Souths: Robinson, Feauia-Sautia, Cooper

Sunnybank: Holmes, Anae, Simmons, Shatz, Gill, Tapuai, Lucas, Alo-Emile, Meehan, B.Lucas

University: Owen, Hanson, Horwill, Browning, McDuling, Harris, Davies, Taulagi, Tessman, Prior, Morahan, Chapman, Lance, Moore,
You can add kuridrani to the uni list and to a much lesser extent weeks.

T

Tigers Tale

Souths: Robinson, Feauia-Sautia, Cooper

University: Owen, Hanson, Horwill, Browning, McDuling, Harris, Davies, Taulagi, Tessman, Prior, Morahan, Chapman, Lance, Moore, Kuridrani, Weeks

Nice work T12 - I wonder how many of the Reds & Brumbies will be out at QPR games today. I know that Quirk, Toua, Butler & Mowen are expected to be at Bottomley today.

This Uni list is very impressive - no wonder they have 3 premierships in last 10 years using these players and the other two who are now in France together would be Drew Mitchell & Matt Giteau.

And you left Matt Lucas out of the Snbk list.

Good luck to all the QPR teams playing today.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Can you fill me in on who Tony Bartley is? Named on the wing for Easts.

Would have thought Matt Carroll was the next in line with Faulkner out.

Also they forgot to name a blindside, but I suspect it is James Moore.
TT, Tony Bartley is another to have started off at the Breakers to now find himself at Bottomley! Normally a 9 and a handy one at that but has from my understanding been playing midfield. Interesting to see him named on the wing as he is not known to have express pace as some of your other fliers. My mail also advises he has had a serious brush with the law recently and is trying to turn a new leaf. All the best to the young bloke and hope he plays well for the Tigers.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Is the breakers v tigers a decent rivalry come game day?

I do know it's tradition wherever you are to smash your former teammates.

T

Tigers Tale

Is the breakers v tigers a decent rivalry come game day?

I do know it's tradition wherever you are to smash your former teammates.

SX the relations between the two clubs are quite cordial. I wouldn't say they are overly heated.

Each time the clubs meet they play for the Batty Bremner Thomas trophy so struck to acknowledge the work that these 3 great men did for both clubs in coaching terms.

On those that succeeded after joining Easts interesting that Jarrad Butler was at Bottomley today rather than at uni watching Bond play. Ben Mowen and Ed Quirk were also there supporting the tigers in a game that didn't exactly rise to any great heights.

In fact I'd say Easts have a lot of work to do before they take on Uni in 2 weeks at Bottomley.

T

Tigers Tale

Easts have a massive month after Easter - Uni(H), GPS(A), Bros(A) & Snbk(H) before they play Bond (A) to round out the first round.

T

Tigers Tale

Yep and the ledger will read 4 wins from 4 played for the month!

T12 I like your confidence but 3 wins will be a great outcome I think - can't be too greedy.

These sides are good sides and all tough to beat on their day, particularly GPS & Bros at Yoku & Crosby.

T

Tigers Tale

I hear that Easts will play ladies day at Crosby & Hugh
Courtney this year and will be looking to continue their good away record in ladies day encounters.

T

Tigers Tale

My mail also advises he has had a serious brush with the law recently and is trying to turn a new leaf. All the best to the young bloke and hope he plays well for the Tigers.

Crusher I don't know whether there is any truth to your comment here, but if there is does it really help his rehab if you post a comment along these lines without any proof other than hearsay.

Further he is a tea tottling religious young man like many of those with Islander heritage. This I do know as fact.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
The Easts vs Norths game was a pretty standard affair, and given that the Tigers had the win in the bag quite early, both teams slipped off a bit and there was a fair amount of handling errors and turnovers.

The result was a good indication of where both sides are at. Easts were pretty ruthless in the first half, and although Norths showed glimpses of what they are capable of, they were well off the pace.

For the Tigers, Johnny Wilder had the best game I've seen him play (and I've watched him play since his First XV days), Blake Enever was great in all facets of the game, including a few good line breaks, and Manusa Rokosuka was destructive with his ball running. Pettowa Parakka makes a HUGE difference to Easts scrums, and he dominated the Norths tighthead all game.

The performance I was most impressed with was Adam Deck. I thought he was outstanding, he's very energetic around the park, and he has a great box kick on him. His goal kicking wasn't too shabby either.

Easts really are getting a good amount of depth this season, and putting a lot of competition on for starting spots.

For Norths, you feel for Vuki, he really must feel like he has to do everything by himself, and aside from a few moments of brilliance, he was caught trying to over play his hand sometimes.

And I don't want to sound too brutal, but the Norths 10 was horrible. Maybe he just had a shocker, but he was nowhere near Premier level. Dropped ball, low passes, kicks out on the full.

Status
Not open for further replies.