• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Wests beat Norths in 3rd, 2nd and Premier Grade. Reserve Grade to Norths.

Combined Colts 1 and Premier Colts to Norths.

Premier Grade was a very scrappy affair - heat probably had a big impact.
I missed seeing the game today so how did Greene play and what are your thoughts on him?

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Greene looked a little lost in the 1st half. (Perhaps just butterflies) but in the 2nd half put some guys into some great holes.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Really? I heard he did everything a 10 needed to do and is exactly what Wests have been looking for...

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Well my worst fears were realised when I ventured down to the new home of the Bond Uni Breakers to see them tackle their Coast rivals. Great facilities is the positive I can take out of the day. Other than that the rugby was very sub standard, heat may have been a factor but both sides showed poor decision making with ball in hand and basics were not of the level required for premier rugby! Stingrays were more desperate in the end and deserved the win though margin could have blown out if their goal kicker's radar was working. The rays fullback scored the match winner with a minute to go. Getting used to the breakers not knowing how to close a game out!

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Really? I heard he did everything a 10 needed to do and is exactly what Wests have been looking for.

I said he had a better 2nd half then his 1st half. When I say he looked a little lost I was alluding to how much better he played in the 2nd half which might of been the case of him finding his bearings in 1st half

But yes you heard right ... He looked the goods!

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
For anyone interested in Club Rugby outside of the premier grade. the QRU has uploaded draws for 2013.

* There's a team called Riverside with their homeground at Bulimba (no idea where that field is)

The rebels are a new team made up by some of the 3rds and 4ths players from easts and for one reason or another have decided to leave and make their own club

warhorse

Bill Watson (15)
Souths had a very successful day against Easts across the Club yesterday when they had only their second trial game for most grades and the first for a couple of the lower grades. The Premier grade came away with a 17-5 (three tries to one) victory in humid conditions and they showed some much better form than their rusty first hitout last week against Norths. Premier Colts set themselves a high benchmark for the season with a massive 67-0 win and this was without at least 5 players who were playing in Premier Grade or out injured. Hopefully early form is carried through the rest of the season in all grades.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Just waiting on a match report from JETS or BigDog. I expect they'll be back into 3G Internet reception Amy moment now from their journey outback to Albany Creek

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
All Sunnybank grades teams lost from what I heard. I didn't head out as was away for the weekend.

Waradog

Stan Wickham (3)
I think a bit of credit for the improved second half performance should go to Ben Damon who slotted into 12 after playing 10 for reserve grade for the Doggies. His running lines were great and he allowed a bit more time and space for Sam Greene but Greene definitely didn't look out of his depth.

Good impact as well from Mick Lee who came on as a flanker in the second half of the Premier game after a reserve grade game at hooker.

Turnovers and the breakdown major problems for the Doggies in Reserve and Premier Grade so if they can improve their they will be a way better side.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Heard Uni got belted in Sydney? Were they missing players?

I imagine its difficult sending a full strength squad interstate compared to hosting? Who picks up the tab on airfares and accommodation?

Btw how'd brothers premier go. I heard they're over in NZ for a few trial matches or heading over this Easter

Waradog

Stan Wickham (3)
You may be right Southern X but he slotted into that 12 channel a lot in attack and that is where he made some great runs. I watched the Reserve Grade game as well and Ben struggled at 10 but he seemed to love the extra space and time out wider of that in Premier Grade.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Ben's best position is 10 i just think he and the whole dogs reserve grade side suffered due to the amount of injuries. Must have been 7 lads injured throughout the game......early depth test for the dogs i guess

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I imagine its difficult sending a full strength squad interstate compared to hosting? Who picks up the tab on airfares and accommodation?

Btw how'd brothers premier go. I heard they're over in NZ for a few trial matches or heading over this Easter

Yeah good mate, knocked off Dunedin RFC 14-12, then they've got Christchurch RFC on Wednesday I believe.

The Oldest Rat

Peter Burge (5)
I watched the colts game on Saturday Wests V Norths first and then went over to the prems to see how Green and Genia would go. Green went OK he was solid and played well. However Genia was not what I would call a good HB, standing 5 metres from the ruck and telling your forwards to take it up is not good HB play in my book, and he did the Gregan hop each time he went to pass, he looked like he didn't want to get dirty, the bloke he replaced at halftime (Tim) was way better, must be something in a name. The HB from Colts played better rugby than Genia.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
I watched the colts game on Saturday Wests V Norths first and then went over to the prems to see how Green and Genia would go. Green went OK he was solid and played well. However Genia was not what I would call a good HB, standing 5 metres from the ruck and telling your forwards to take it up is not good HB play in my book, and he did the Gregan hop each time he went to pass, he looked like he didn't want to get dirty, the bloke he replaced at halftime (Tim) was way better, must be something in a name. The HB from Colts played better rugby than Genia.[/

What was your take on the colts game?

Status
Not open for further replies.