• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Wow Brothers v Wests & Scholarships v Pokies are practically coin flips!!!!

I do like the -13.5 for Easts against Norths, obviously you take no stock in the Eagles preseason victory against the Tigers?

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
I can participate in the tipping comp this year - seem to recall when I last did in 2010 (as Austin) that I beat Jets for the season in a playoff only because we picked different teams in the GF - so bring it on :)

I've tipped Easts - we played Easts and Norths in trial matches and think the margin Jets has gone with is fair enough - but apart from my success in 2010 I'm normally a pretty lousy tipper so don't follow my lead.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
I put no faith in preseason either, I'd probably pick Easts with a -20.5

Still I only posed the question because the comp is supposedly going to be more competitive & was curious how you came about to that margin.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It's a complex equation that takes into account how much coffee I've had divided by who's in the room with me plus how much I've screamed at my kids in the proceeding hour. I then divide that by pi and multiply it by the number of people who nominated Jedi as their religion in the last census. Pretty simple really.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
It's a complex equation that takes into account how much coffee I've had divided by who's in the room with me plus how much I've screamed at my kids in the proceeding hour. I then divide that by pi and multiply it by the number of people who nominated Jedi as their religion in the last census. Pretty simple really.

Nice :)

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I actually think when it comes to Round 1 trial form means alot, because the first game is usually a very scrappy game to bust out cobwebs and combinations are set yet.

But I am never tipping against Easts, despite the fact that they seem to be even younger this year with Fuller and Skelto gone.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Easts putting out a pretty stong line-up this week. This is what I was told (from memory).

1- Parraka
2- Ready
3- Sanday
4- Stollberg
5-Enever
6- Parry
7- ? Can't remember this one
8- Tyrell ?
9- Mullins (C)
10- Brandon
11- Wilder
12- UJ
13- White
14- Sam Cox
15- Aiden Toua

Strong looking tight 5, and the backs look fairly good as well. Dunno how Sam Cox will go on the wing, but its great to have Toua there.

Interesting that Jack Mullins was given the captaincy. Would of thought Brandon would retain it, and then possibly pass it onto Bertini when he returns to full fitness (playing out of 1st Grade this week).

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
The rugby club formerly from associated with the Gold Coast has taken to referring to itself on Facebook as the "Bond Uni Breakers". Blah!
The QRU has not yet reflected this amendment in its season draw.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Looks like Brothers have lost their best back (possibly best player) from last season.

West Harbour: 1 Aisea Namoa, 2 Murray Scoles, 3 Vaughan Lomax, 4 Alfred Pinomi, 5 Bradford Kapa, 6 Jono Midghall, 7 Cohen Masson, 8 Tom Games (captain), 9 David Osofua, 10 Shaun Treweek, 11 Tito Mua, 12 Winston Wilson, 13 Alofa Alofa, 14 Macquire Tatola, 15 Dylan Taikato-Simpson

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I wonder if Daruda and Shaw will ever make it back to Super Rugby. I often wonder if players such as them would be better for Force and Rebels to contract then the churning through schoolboy prodigies. One of my issues with the proposed draft is young players from QLD and NSW will be shipped off to poor performing Super teams and it stunt their development.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Hey all. I heard a rumour tonight that Mitch Wade has moved to GPS. Can anyone confirm or refute?

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Pete Uubergang came from university after playing in the backline in their 2nd grade team, he is now the undisputed toughest 2nd rower in Club Rugby (he has got that country mongrel in him)

I completely agree with your comments on Wests(and Scott) and commend them on what appears to be a drastic turn around at the kennel over the past few years but I have to disagree with you on the above quote. There would be a lot of 2nd rowers in Brisbane Club rugby who would have something to say about that, and rightly so. Also the season before he left for wests he was in 3rd/4th grade at UQ... quite an impressive leap from Uebes... glad he is doing well over at the Kennel, he's a good kid.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
No dramas Purce, we are allowed to disagree. Obviously I made this comment undisputed toughest 2nd rower in club rugby knowing that the real toughest S.O.B got a contract in Japan & won't be playing for Wests this year (Dan Linde)

Status
Not open for further replies.