• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
anti-Filth campaign! That's hilarious! Didn't Murphy already have a shot & blow it, or was that his brother?

That's one player. Since Crofty and Hardman left in 2009, Brothers have had two Qld Representatives, and have made 3 straight Finals series, and are currently leading the comp at the moment. I think we have a right to whinge.

And of course one could remember 2009, when Souths flew Cooper over from NZ to play the final and you still lost.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
That's one player. Since Crofty and Hardman left in 2009, Brothers have had two Qld Representatives, and have made 3 straight Finals series, and are currently leading the comp at the moment. I think we have a right to whinge.

And of course one could remember 2009, when Souths flew Cooper over from NZ to play the final and you still lost.

Whilst your a talent bunch of individuals.

I'd say your success is more tied to chemistry (unchanged lineups) as opposed to talent and representatives.

If you want more rep players down at Crosby Road. Clean up your club culture so that people wanna wear the blue and white stripes (otherwise you'll just remain the "Not good enough for a professional contract" Nudgee College post career nursery)

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

Mate the Bretheren have always had a strong Qld presence, just because the cub is going through a lean patch representative player wise does not equal an anti filth campaign by any stretch. In fact in the past it has been perceived by more than a few as the opposite. You've got Shipperley there at the moment, it's just others from elsewhere are better for the time being.... it'll swing around again.

Don't know where you're coming from with Cooper being flown in from NZ? I recall him & the Fainga'a twins & Van the Man playing regularly at the club that year. Brothers won that year for Crofty (and I can't begrudge that man going out a winner, even if he was a junior Magpie) Cooper nearly single handedly stopped that from happening.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Brothers won that year for Crofty (and I can't begrudge that man going out a winner, even if he was a junior Magpie) Cooper nearly single handedly stopped that from happening.

An awesome GF though you must admit? Even if Brothers lost, I still reckon it would have been a top game.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Breakers up 18-7 against wests at half time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
FT #qldpremierrugby scores: Wests 26 Breakers 21; Sunnybank 54 Norths 29; Easts 91 Sunshine Coast 13; Uni 43 Souths 33 #3rdtier

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Tigers gave us some entertainment this afternoon, some exciting tries.

But man, Sunshine Coast were pathetic. No other word can describe them, they were so poor it wasn't funny.

The most impressive thing about the match was Matt Brandon's goal kicking. 13/13 with about 10 of them coming from outwide, was brilliant skill.

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)

I'd say your success is more tied to chemistry (unchanged lineups) as opposed to talent and representatives.

If you want more rep players down at Crosby Road. Clean up your club culture so that people wanna wear the blue and white stripes (otherwise you'll just remain the "Not good enough for a professional contract" Nudgee College post career nursery)
Ouch!! Lol

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tigers gave us some entertainment this afternoon, some exciting tries.

But man, Sunshine Coast were pathetic. No other word can describe them, they were so poor it wasn't funny.

The most impressive thing about the match was Matt Brandon's goal kicking. 13/13 with about 10 of them coming from outwide, was brilliant skill.
I saw up to halftime, and thought Tigers were going to win comfortably, but by geez they must of really turned it on in 2nd half. Have to agree Stingrays don't seem to have much!

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I saw up to halftime, and thought Tigers were going to win comfortably, but by geez they must of really turned it on in 2nd half. Have to agree Stingrays don't seem to have much!

They went back to structured play and just blew SC away. Made big changes with about 15 to go but by then SC had lost their way.

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
Can someone please verify the interpretation of what exactly is a tackle that is deemed "going past the horizontal" and then makes it a yellow card offence? I have seen a rising number of blokes either pinged or given cards for tackles that are good clean hard tackles, where the tacklers only mistake is to lift and drive the attacking player backwards. In all cases I have seen this year, all the defenders have lifted and as stressed assisted the player back to the ground in the act of completing the tackle, and yet has been deemed illegal.

It has almost become a lottery with the way it is being ajudicated and I fear the the days of the good low driving dominant tackle is in danger of being eradicated from the game.

#confused

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Can someone please verify the interpretation of what exactly is a tackle that is deemed "going past the horizontal" and then makes it a yellow card offence? I have seen a rising number of blokes either pinged or given cards for tackles that are good clean hard tackles, where the tacklers only mistake is to lift and drive the attacking player backwards. In all cases I have seen this year, all the defenders have lifted and as stressed assisted the player back to the ground in the act of completing the tackle, and yet has been deemed illegal.

It has almost become a lottery with the way it is being ajudicated and I fear the the days of the good low driving dominant tackle is in danger of being eradicated from the game.

#confused

Sorry to change topic Stal, but can you give me a quick review of the Jeeps game?... I missed it!

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Infringret
Can someone please verify the interpretation of what exactly is a tackle that is deemed "going past the horizontal" and then makes it a yellow card offence

#confused

Tacklers jersey number divided by tacklesubject jersey number multiply by crowd reaction decibel + body mass index of both players minus years of refereeing experience = likely hood percentage of yellow card for tip tackles

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)

I would say that Brothers club culture is really strong, hence why they can keep a regular finals team together for soo many years.

There aren't too many players of recent times signed by the Reds from clubs. So I don't believe there is any anti Brothers sentiment when it comes to contracting. Alot of players are signed right out of school into EPS or academy or full time contracts or are signed from other Super teams or from overseas.

Murphy's in-ability to handle Super Rugby when given a crack last year highlighted the difficulties of coming to a professional international competition half way through a season from an amateur background more so then his ability or that of everyone else in his club or the competition.

This is why the current re-incarnation of the Reds Academy was started during this season's preseason.

Horseman

Frank Row (1)
First time poster, but was at the GPS vs Brothers game and thought I would try quench the thirst of those interested. I wasn't watching for 'review' purposes so I guess it will be more of a general commentary.

As the scoreline suggests, it was a very tight, defensive game. A quality game none the less, with all those watching in my group commenting on it being one of the best club games they have watched for a while. My overall impression was that Brothers seemed to be the better team on the park, but just couldn't seem to capitalise on their dominance of possession and territory. However, GPS scrambled and defended their line very well, aided by some questionable decision making by Brothers as the pressure to score obviously mounted later in the game. The GPS back line looked very small and on first impression I thought they would be under gunned, but when they had some opportunities with some space and ball they looked sharp. I think unfortunately they were not afforded many opportunities with Brothers doing a good job of slowing down the breakdowns, it really was noticeable at times how many players GPS had to commit to secure their own ball.

Some standout players for me: Brothers tight head i think it was, he was everywhere, a real handful and stood out in a scrambling try saving effort deep into the second half; Brothers No. 8 looked damaging as a ball runner, probably not used enough? GPS 7 was outstanding defensively, effective tackles all day and especially deep into the second half; GPS 6 and 8 also damaging in defence, and I think it was the 8 that was also handy ball in hand.

Kuridrani looked to get involved and they tended to use him as a link in some sweeping moves, not sure if that is his go, certainly wasn't up to it in that game.

Really struggled with the ref's interpretations. Breakdown was a mess with so many obvious (both ways) deliberate hands in the ruck, not supporting body weight, and general lying around in the way. Two yellow cards, GPS prop for a tipping tackle I guess, not sure if he went for the tip or slightly late or combo of both, I thought it was a great tackle, not late, lifted yes but not into a dangerous spot and landed on the flat of his back? Brothers player yellow carded for taking out the legs of a GPS player in the air taking a midfield bomb, probably justified.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I watched Sunnybank v Norths on the weekend. It was a patchy performance from both sides. When Sunnybank were on they looked very dangerous and their backline had too much class for Norths. 9 is a big issue for the Dragons though and Ben Meehan going to the U20's has left them with a hole.
Tom Lucas controlled the game well from 10 and underplayed his hand. Put in some good kicks when required to settle the team down. Ryan Tongia looked really go in his run-on debut at 15. He has great pace but doesn't look to go around the defence, rather beat them with footwork. He was dangerous close to the ruck when he noticed some gaps and beat some forwards to find space.
Taniela Tuivanuavou looked good on the wing too. He crossed for 3 tries and look dangerous with ball in hand.

In the forwards Sunnybank dominated at lineout and and scrum time. The Dragons with AWH and Murday picked ball off at will. I can't recall a lineout that Norths won in the first half. At scrum time the Eagles faired a bit better but had to work hard to win their own ball.

Norths did have patches where they outplayed Sunnybank and deserved to get a 4 try bonus point. Veresa Vuki looked great and has crazy pace.

Norths should be good enough to account for the Breakers this week if they stay focused and fix up their lineout issues.

Sunnybank will want to claim the points from Souths, something they've struggled to do at Chippsy in recent years, to stay in touch with the top 4. If they can stay on task for the 80 it shouldn't be an issue.

Will try and get to the Nest to watch again next weekend.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Well this weekend will be a defining moment where Toby White will help himself lay claim to the best 13 in the comp gong as he matches up against the midfield powerhouse that is Michael Bond.

This dual will be one of the many interesting match ups happening down at Jack Ross Oval but in my eyes we will know whether those in Tigerland have a legitimate claim in bestowing such a title on White.

However realistically the key dual is probably Murphy v Brandon, bot master puppeteers constantly pulling the right strings

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Well this weekend will be a defining moment where Toby White will help himself lay claim to the best 13 in the comp gong as he matches up against the midfield powerhouse that is Michael Bond.

This dual will be one of the many interesting match ups happening down at Jack Ross Oval but in my eyes we will know whether those in Tigerland have a legitimate claim in bestowing such a title on White.

However realistically the key dual is probably Murphy v Brandon, bot master puppeteers constantly pulling the right strings

Yep it's going to be a real ding-dong battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.