• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don't be chirpin

From my understanding experiencing the most out of life comes first to George. He is quite an interesting guy and I am sure he will get on a field at some stage in England.

From my understanding blomas has gone over there purely to get amongst the sloots. I doubt he even packed his boots. He'll be a busy man

D

Don't be chirpin

Interested in everyones view on some non-contracted players in the comp this year who you think are deserving of a super 15 call up in the near future? I've got a few names in mind but whats everyone else thinking?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Alrighty, from the Filth. Charlie Freney, Nate Gendle, Pierce FitzGerald, Damon Murphy, Ted Postale, Bond and Andrew Coady. Big list I know, but surely someone is the Reds should end this anti-Filth campaign and sign some of these guys. Easts, that centre that Tigerland 12 and ECA rave about, he is good. Jeeps, that winger Kuridrani, if thats him. Norths- that try scoring machine winger, same with Souths that other fast winger, Dominic his name is...? Sunnybank and Uni are obvious with their talent. Sorry about the big list and one eye-approach I only really know Bros players.

Passive Observer

Bob McCowan (2)
Alrighty, from the Filth. Charlie Freney, Nate Gendle, Pierce FitzGerald, Damon Murphy, Ted Postale, Bond and Andrew Coady. Big list I know, but surely someone is the Reds should end this anti-Filth campaign and sign some of these guys. Easts, that centre that Tigerland 12 and ECA rave about, he is good. Jeeps, that winger Kuridrani, if thats him. Norths- that try scoring machine winger, same with Souths that other fast winger, Dominic his name is.? Sunnybank and Uni are obvious with their talent. Sorry about the big list and one eye-approach I only really know Bros players.
I don't think there is any need to apologise - the performances have been on the field against the very players that have been chosen above the Brothers boys. Luke Beachamp wouldn't look out of place in the company mentioned either.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Should upper-cut myself for forgetting him, another good talent. Dave Campbell and Felsman. Actually the whole side is good enough to deserve a looking at.

D

Don't be chirpin

Easts, that centre that Tigerland 12 and ECA rave about, he is good.

Yeah big Toby White is on fire this season saw him grab a very good hatrick on the weekend. Has been a bit unlucky with injury last 2 years but is looking red hot this year. He's now had 3-4 years in the comp and is really the full package. You won't miss the big number 13 he breaks defensive lines as often as wendel sailor used to. Should be his year hopefully along with a few other names mentioned above.

About time the force and rebels start paying a bit more attention to the talent in QLD. We saw the force take a chance with big Angus Cottrell from Wests 2 years back who in my opinion has outplayed the rest of their highly rated loose forwards this year. Gus didnt have the repreesntative honours on his CV that a lot of recruiters seem to look for. He was just a consistent performer at Wests over 2 years with good work ethic. So in my opinion more attention needs to be paid to the guys like this.

Anyway loking forward to Brothers vs Easts. They're looking like the 2 teams we'll see in the final this year

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Alrighty, from the Filth. Charlie Freney, Nate Gendle, Pierce FitzGerald, Damon Murphy, Ted Postale, Bond and Andrew Coady. Big list I know, but surely someone is the Reds should end this anti-Filth campaign and sign some of these guys. Easts, that centre that Tigerland 12 and ECA rave about, he is good. Jeeps, that winger Kuridrani, if thats him. Norths- that try scoring machine winger, same with Souths that other fast winger, Dominic his name is.? Sunnybank and Uni are obvious with their talent. Sorry about the big list and one eye-approach I only really know Bros players.

Pretty good list of players for Super Rugby teams to look at, a little bit favoured to backs. I would swap the Jeeps 13 (not sure of his name, but calved up Easts) for Kuridrani in that list.

I would say alot of super rugby teams would overlook the majority of this list due to their size. I don't agree with it, but unless your a halfback or fly half you cant be shorter then 190cm to play Super Rugby.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Also, All eyes should be on Yoku Rd for the top of the table clash between the two undefeated teams Brothers and GPS.

Are there any tips?

Are both teams going to have full strength lineups?

D

Don't be chirpin

I would say alot of super rugby teams would overlook the majority of this list due to their size. I don't agree with it, but unless your a halfback or fly half you cant be shorter then 190cm to play Super Rugby.

Mate that is rubbish. Reds players less than 190cm: Slipper, Daley, Faiinga, Hanson, Holmes, Gill, Robinson,Tapaui, Faiinga, CFS, Ioane, Davies, Lance, Toua

I'm not even going to both with the other teams

T

tranquility

Is there anyone who is close to Easts inner workings at the moment?

I've been scratching my head trying to work out the reason why Jack Mullins is named captain. Every game I've seen so far this year Matt Brandon is the one who makes the captains calls, he is the one players look to when deciding to take a penalty shot or not, he is the one who talks the most in the team huddles.

I don't mean they look to him with penalty decisions as in "can you kick it?" it is very much in the manner of "whats the best decision".
On the weekend was close to where I was, so I could hear what was being said, and it was Brandon & Toua who discussed the penalty option, Jack Mullins did nothing except walk back with the forwards.

Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there, but I have no idea why Mullins was named captain over Brandon, especially when Brandon seems to be the one making the decisions and leading the team.

The Mullins are very well entrenched in Easties rugby.

Jack has played there since he was very young, and his father both played there and I believe may even sponsor the club. Great bloke too.

D

Don't be chirpin

The Mullins are very well entrenched in Easties rugby.

Jack has played there since he was very young, and his father both played there and I believe may even sponsor the club. Great bloke too.

Yeah I agree. Don't see what the fuss is. Chuck is a great bloke and is often the first one to crack open a tooheys new after the game and the last one to leave fridays. That's what captains are made of if you ask me

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Maybe Stallion could explain, but why are Jeeps playing us in Heritage Round? I thought they would have versed Souths in a replay on the 96 GF? I think Brothers knocked off Jeeps in 3 straight Grand Finals in a row in the 70s.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'm not sure of the logic behind the selection of some of the Heritage Round games.

Why would the Breakers game be against Sunnybank. I'm pretty sure they want to forget the GF they played in 2007.

Sunnybank v Souths (20year GF rematch) and Uni v Brothers (100 years of history) make sense but others are just odd.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Wow - seems GPS are involved in a heap of Heritage Rounds - the Uni vs GPS match at Uni is the heritage round that week. Actually, I've also noticed how many Cups GPS play for against various other clubs (could be just my imagination though)...

I'm not sure if the clubs were able to select their heritage round or was it done at QRU level? I would've assumed the logical heritage round for Uni would be vs Brothers, but perhaps the thinking is that particular game already draws a huge crowd and it's when the Foundation lunch is held too.

Still, GPS v Uni games have been happening for a bloody long time, and the link is particularly strong after Halley's passing two seasons ago.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
You would think they could work it out so each club plays in a home heritage round and one away. GPS are in 3 away rounds and 1 at home. Norths, Wests and Sunny Coast all miss out on playing in a heritage round away

Cat_A Brothers snagged the Uni game as their heritage round late in the year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm not sure of the logic behind the selection of some of the Heritage Round games.

Why would the Breakers game be against Sunnybank. I'm pretty sure they want to forget the GF they played in 2007.

Sunnybank v Souths (20year GF rematch) and Uni v Brothers (100 years of history) make sense but others are just odd.

First of all we looked at the likely match of the round. Next thing we considered was the Reds schedule, so no Heritage Rounds were allocated for those weekends. This counted out likely contenders such as Norths v Brothers, Bank v Gold Coast and Wests v Souths (20 April); then UQ v Brothers (1 June) and then anything on potential finals weekends.

The target was first and foremost to ensure everyone got a decent host. We looked at existing rivalries and trophies. Visiting teams were not overly considered as a key factor, other than in the above areas.

The first point re Breakers, is there's not much heritage there. A battle of the coasts would have been great but that happened for the Breakers very early in the season. The return match is a Heritage Round for the Stingrays. What would be an alternative?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
That makes sense Reg. I didn't consider not wanting to clash with the Reds games.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

anti-Filth campaign! That's hilarious! Didn't Murphy already have a shot & blow it, or was that his brother? But I'm sure one or two you've mentioned would be worth a look, they did look impressive in the match I saw a couple of weeks ago.

Dominic Lespierre has apparently represented Guyana in 7's so isn't eligible. He's pretty darned impressive though!

Status
Not open for further replies.