• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Has Shipperly been added to the Wallaby squad? I thought that was bandied about on Friday at the Reds ball, although I *may* have been inebriated by that stage.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Has Shipperly been added to the Wallaby squad? I thought that was bandied about on Friday at the Reds ball, although I *may* have been inebriated by that stage.

Yes he has but the press seems to be pointing to Beale back in the starting side. So He will likely be released late in the week. Its disappointing because i think him and Cummins have heard a shot. Where as Mitchell and Beale haven't had the game time to validate their selections.

But the silver lining is he should be right to play for the brethren this weekend. But that uncertainty will be a little frustrating.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Favourites in my mind would be UNI. The they will beat Brothers this weekend and have been good all year. GPS v Sunnybank will be tight and too hard to call I reckon.
Agree Uni will get up over Brothers as Brothers have looked rudderless since Dallan Murphy's absence! Filth will put up a good fight but Uni to get the spoils. Watched the Bank vs Breakers on the weekend and have to say the Bank are primed to go all the way and repeat last year's premiership effort. They have way too much firepower and they have established combinations that will only get stronger each week. Bank to win premiership 2012

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I have actually never seen toua play is he much chop?
He is a ridiculous talent. But his career has never taken off because he's constantly injured. Even when he played at 13, where he's never really played, for QLD in his one game this year I thought he went very well.

I'd say he has one more chance to crack it in QLD. Has to fight with Morahan, Shipperely and F'Sautia for opportunities.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
How many Reds players are playing for Sunnybank these days? There's a lot of chat about them being virtually all Reds, but I'm curious with all the injuries and Wallaby call--ups how many will play?

As for Shipperly coming back later in the week, if the same applies to players such as Gill and Schatz, in a do-or-die finals week it's hardly ideal to be missing 4 or so crucial players in Wallaby camp until a Thursday training session (or later. Obviously you want them playing, but it does make the team's preparation considerably tougher. And that's without factoring in the fatigue of flying back across the country.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Sounds good but I think this season that shipperly and Morgan's spots are theirs to lose will be hard to take it off them. Feel sorry for lads like jono lance but I think he is a very good player but will struggle for game time unless they drop him to fullback and cut morahan to the bench........now that I think about it the options excite me!

My guess for starting back line:
9 . Genia
10. Cooper
11. Digby
12. Tapuai
13. Harris
14. Shipperly
15. Lance/morahan

At the end of 2013 though I predict a mass exodus....cant keep,that much talent, that happy, for that long

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Holmes, Anae and Tapuai are the only Reds playig for Sunnybank. They also have AWH coaching them.
PAE and Kingi from the Rebels.
Matt Lucas from the Tah's (2013)
Gill will be with the Wallabies and Schatz had surgery on his shoulder.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I thought players had to of played at least 6 times in a team to play in finals, that would count against a few Qld players for different clubs anyway wouldn't it?? I maybe wrong, just I noticed McKibbon playing against Logan for Filth on saturday and assumed it was because he wouldn't be able to play in Prem finals ,so they wouldn't bother playing him.
By the way if I am wrong can we keep it just between us in here, hell don't want mates at club to hear;)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
All contracted players are eligible to play finals. I guess it's a reflection of how bad the Tah's are going that their halfback can only get a run in 1st grade in Brisbane. ;)

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I would suggest its because date Campbell the current press nine ideas been one of there best players and shining lights this season.

He also may of had a chance but chose to make. B t extra pocket money playing for eastern suburbs in Shute shield and only came up when they got knocke dout of finals

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Looks like Shipperley won't be playing for Brothers this week after all. Growden has written today in SMH that he is likely to be wing, with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 13 and Beale 15, Horne Dropped.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Great news for Australian rugby and the Red Heavies then. I'll still tip Brothers though.

This has got me leaning towards Uni. Particularly with how effective their scramble defence was against Easts on the weekend. Easts had probably 4 chances at scoring tries that were ended by great scramble defence. And with the Reds players at Uni not being hungover this weekend. I think I have changed my mind and will put Uni down for the win with Sunnybank.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
ECA, so I will put you down as tipping GPS and Brothers? ;)

Probably I have already changed my mind once about Borthers v Uni. But I will wait til I see the team lists Friday to make my final pick. Pick both of these correctly and the Car is mine. :)

Also I heard a really good proposal for a new 3rd tier where is that thread gone? I can't find it anymore?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
With Moore and TPN in the Wallabies the word at the club tonight is that Saia may be playing for GPS this weekend which would be a major boost against the Super Rugby front row that Sunnybank will be fielding. Also JP Smith should be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.