• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Premier Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Uni downed Filth Uni 20 d Brothers 13

I got a tweet suggesting GPS beat the Bank by 1, but its unverified at this point.

S

Saders07

Wests 32 Gold Coast 30 & Souths over Sunny Coast (not sure on final score)

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Home Team v Away Team Location Time
Brothers 13 v University of Queensland 20 Brothers / Jack Ross Oval 1500
Norths 15 v Easts 65 North Brisbane / Hugh Courtney Oval 1500
Rugby Gold Coast 30 v Wests 32 Rugby Gold Coast / Surfers Paradise RC, Albert Park 1530
Souths 27 v Sunshine Coast Rugby Union 18 Souths / Chipsy Wood Oval 1515
Sunnybank 15 v GPS 16 Sunnybank / Old Mac Oval 1500
Some upsets there!!!!!

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Easts forward pack has really laid the foundation for the backs to carve up. With the addition of a couple of good sized props the scrum looks really solid, and they dominated the lineout yesterday. With the good ball put on by the forwards, the backs really did run riot. No Matty Brandon but Andrew Krelle filled in admirably at 10.

That GPS result over Sunnybank is startling given who the Bank had named in their forward pack. Anyone see the game? I'd be interested to know how the Smith twins went against the Bank front rowers.

rookie

Bob McCowan (2)
Dave McDuling has carried his strong reds B form on into the club season - best of the forwards against Gold Coast and good again yesterday against the filth. Big, athletic, aggressive, great ball carry, good hands - he can't be too far off a super contract.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I would have thought second row but I guess he would go okay at 6. as well. He was one of the standouts for Qld A this season and I would have thought a very big chance of a full contract, if securing depth is what the reds are about.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Dave McDuling has carried his strong reds B form on into the club season - best of the forwards against Gold Coast and good again yesterday against the filth. Big, athletic, aggressive, great ball carry, good hands - he can't be too far off a super contract.

He'd have to be set for one within the next two years. As Van Humphries, Radike Samo and possibly Wallace-Harrison won't be around for much longer.

D

Doc

Any word on the Faaingaas supposed move to GPS? Given it's been alleged they weren't paid what was agreed too, I cannot see what the hold up would be. Won't play alot of club footy, but interesting with the other chat coming out from the nest.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Any word on the Faaingaas supposed move to GPS? Given it's been alleged they weren't paid what was agreed too, I cannot see what the hold up would be. Won't play alot of club footy, but interesting with the other chat coming out from the nest.

Spent all their money on Quade?

D

Doc

Spent all their money on Quade?

Broke. Bad decision after bad decision.

Love how it's been phrased that they couldn't meet the monetary demands. What about poor management has created a financial situation where we "couldn't pay the agreed amount"?

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Ging into Week 5 it's going to be another interesting round of games.

Match of the Round for mine is Uni v Sunnybank. Two good forward packs but I think that Uni might just have it in the backs. They will miss Prior though.

I'm still not sure what to make of GPS? Beat reigning premiers Uni, get smashed by Brothers, then beat previously undefeated Sunnybank...what's that about? Suncoast, from what I saw anyway, have the ability to put on points, so it will be an interesting game. Not sure who I backed in the tipping, but maybe Suncoast?

In the other games, you would expect Brothers to be too strong for the Gold Coast at Crosby Park, Souths to put up a good fight against Easts at home, and Wests to beat Norths at the Kennel.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
The only result I'm not sure of is Suncoast v GPS but the last I heard was Suncoast was up at half time.

In other results Brothers smashed the Goldie 62-0, Wests got up over Norths, Uni got up 27-7 over Sunnybank, and Easts ground out a 20-5 win at Souths.

Status
Not open for further replies.