• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GPSPRIDE

And just to add to the other posters interests, this Morelando Bloom TROLL goes by the name of Tom Moreland, a student at Terrace.. so ecpect biased comments ect.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Have played with and subsequently coached hot heads like this for many years. Assuming the story is true he has a very high chance of being carded this year. Coaches nightmare. Yes. Tool probably.

I would not describe him as a coaches nightmare, he has played 1st XV for 3 years and rarely gets carded. In fact, I've only ever seen him blow up at a player once, and that was in defence of his halfback who was about to get hammered by one of the Terrace second rows last year. I'm not sure how you can say the fact that he got in one fight in the pre-season makes him a tool or increases his chances of cards during the season...

Regardless, you are entitled to your own opinion, we will have to wait and see when he's uninjured. FWIW, I doubt there are many better #8's in the competition, I'd only have Fakaosilea ahead of him and in that respect he's quite an asset.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I shall be Terrace vs Downlands. Hopefully light is up at Toowoomba watching his alma mater Churchie play Toowoomba Grammar and gives us a full report, looks set to be the match of the round.

Are you out of your mind...it's freezing there!

In all seriousness though, I won't be making this fixture so don't expect a report from me. Looking forward to dusting off my picnic chair for round 2 against Nudgee when it's a little closer to home and I'm not tied down with work commitments.

I'll try get my hands on some kind of match report.

morelando bloom

Peter Burge (5)
I am no such Tom Moreland, yet I do believe that kid shows nothing but potential as the pilfer king of the GT opens and could potentially get some time in the 1's. Provided he gets his priorities in line and gives the ladies a quit for a while...

That's a shame light, hopefully a reliable poster is able to give a good recount. Should be an excellent game.

C

churr

Just been told the TSS team by a mate who attends Southport:

1. Ben Tarr
2. Jake Lyon
3. Sam Clifton
4. Michael Parfitt
5. Jake Upfield
6. Cato Perrin
7. Luke Papworth
8. Dave Henaway
9. Harry McCallum
10. Mitch Thirdd
11. Brock Anderson
12. Nili Fielea
13. Vincent Cooney (c)
14. Isaac Nathan
15. Adam Gauder

*Note that No.8 Evander Guttenbiel is injured and when he comes back I am told that Parfitt will go with Henway back into the 2nd row and Guttenbiel will assume his role at 8.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Some solid players there but doesn't look to have the cattle to challenge Nudgee or Churchie on paper.

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
I like Papworth at 7. Genuine aggression through the park and particularly at the breakdown. Unfortunate for Brown to lose his spot but I am sure there are rep opportunities for both of them in the next couple of years.

Some solid players there but doesn't look to have the cattle to challenge Nudgee or Churchie on paper.
Agreed, but would you say that a top three finish is well within reach? I really think that the team has quality and you never know what could happen if that midfield sparks.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ah yeah, I like their chances at a top 3 finish. Can't really see them losing too many matches but any team that takes them on would like their chances at the breakdown. Teams like IGS and BBC will fancy their chances against TSS if they can keep the ball in the forwards, TSS will want to spread it wide early and rely on the speed of guys like Cooney and Fielea, Gauder isn't half bad either.

Very much a team to watch, if they can stay fit and get on a roll they could pinch the premiership. That being said, they don't have the firepower seen in previous years and not one player made Australian Schools.

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
Fair assessment, unfortunately not going to be there to watch them tomorrow, as I'm going to watch a nephew play at Northgate. So I'll give a report on the BGS game, also interested to see how they are looking after a fair bit of hype.

C

churr

Ah yeah, I like their chances at a top 3 finish. Can't really see them losing too many matches but any team that takes them on would like their chances at the breakdown. Teams like IGS and BBC will fancy their chances against TSS if they can keep the ball in the forwards, TSS will want to spread it wide early and rely on the speed of guys like Cooney and Fielea, Gauder isn't half bad either.

Very much a team to watch, if they can stay fit and get on a roll they could pinch the premiership. That being said, they don't have the firepower seen in previous years and not one player made Australian Schools.
Very true, they have genuine speed and strike power out wide with the 3 you have already mentioned but from what i hear out of Southport is that the 14. Isaac Nathan has the most pace of them all and if given just enough space will burn most of the pther wingers in the comp i am told. Pack looks decent with Tarr, Papwaorth and Henaway, Clifton is no slouch either. Haven't really heard of the 2nd rowers to comment

T

theonceblueandwhite

hey guys, the venue for terrace vs downlands got changed last minute, it's now being held at downlands at 2:05 pm tomorrow, as reported by director of sport from GT. will see you all there

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
I think the Nudgee vs College match is going to be an absolute cracker with Nudgee having a few injury hangovers from Terrace game. There is 3 injuries and a suspension. How are College shaping up to look in tomorrow's match? Shall surely be attending that one.

J

John Coffee

With the names of some of those players, I don't believe GT can pull through with a top 4 finish.

BSHS v BGS doesn't look to close as the BGS has been performing brilliantly. Does anyone know if Jack Martin is starting 10 this year ? From what I have been told, the BSHS 10 v IGS was slotting penalties and conversions all day (basically the only reason they won although it wasn't the best game from both sides). I'd like to see a contest from BSHS but I don't think they will be able to pull it though.

ummmm? ... getting more points than the opposition? ... isn't that basically the reason why any team wins? ... doh!

Status
Not open for further replies.