• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
Travel times might be the reason, but it is a silly reason IMO. As a parent of a recent Country Player, being selected for a Country team is a massive opportunity for players that due to location don't get many. We would gladly head to Brisbane a week early so that the boys can train for a week together and get to know each other. I remember young fella's first game for Country against a very enthusiastic Brissy Grey team, he didn't know the names of 3/4 of the team. They had one 3 or 4 hour training session together the day before they played.
Same here mate, especially since the carnival is in the school holidays… I want the best for my sons team, and if that means coming down 3 days early. I WILL.

jackal_it_julie

Bob McCowan (2)
Evening,

I tell you what, this NC vs BSHS game could be one for the ages. With the hype around this BSHS team given the likes of powerhouse Roman Siulepa and his partners in crime the crowd could very well fall into the tens of thousands. With two breasy game for the Gryphons, you'd be silly to think they wouldn't go into this match with a flawless record. Credit where credits due, this team was not supposed to be this good, but they've shown some real spirit and desire that reminds me a lot of the 2016 prems. If i had to put money on it, my doughs going on the boys from South Brisbane to take home the prem as Nudgee for me have been in too many 'close call' games which has been an anomaly for Nudgee Rugby. Either way its fair to say if your not at Nudgee vs BSHS round 9, WHAT are you doing?
Hahaha can't wait for this lads!

Cheers

JIJ

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
H
Evening,

I tell you what, this NC vs BSHS game could be one for the ages. With the hype around this BSHS team given the likes of powerhouse Roman Siulepa and his partners in crime the crowd could very well fall into the tens of thousands. With two breasy game for the Gryphons, you'd be silly to think they wouldn't go into this match with a flawless record. Credit where credits due, this team was not supposed to be this good, but they've shown some real spirit and desire that reminds me a lot of the 2016 prems. If i had to put money on it, my doughs going on the boys from South Brisbane to take home the prem as Nudgee for me have been in too many 'close call' games which has been an anomaly for Nudgee Rugby. Either way its fair to say if your not at Nudgee vs BSHS round 9, WHAT are you doing?
Hahaha can't wait for this lads!

Cheers

JIJ
Good evening JIJ,

Aren’t we all so excited? For me the round 9 grand final is like the chocolate sauce on top of my ice cream sundae - a tasty little treat on an already amazing dish (season). For me I think this will be one of the best GPS games in years as we haven’t had a round 9 undefeated GF like this in years. Hope to see you there at forum hill mate.

Last edited:

HarryHits

Stan Wickham (3)
Does the responsibility for the exposure of these outer brisbane footy players come down to the main 9 GPS school offering scholarship and doing the recruiting for the reds bring the best players together to make it easier to pick from. IMO this makes it very hard for kids that don't want to leave home but it seems to be the only way to get a foot in the door. Should the reds and rugby AU rely on schools with funds to provide oppourtunities to rural and non metro kids to have a chance at excelling in Rugby?
Rather than relying on schools to provide the opportunities the Reds and RugbyAU should provide the funds/resources for regional kids. Saying that if a teenager wants to make it they may have to move to the city for the opportunities as it would be expensive to provide facilities/resources across all regions. If you want to opportunity you have to be committed. My son has moved from a the country to city - knew no one at the school and started year 7. He wanted the opportunity to develop and knew there was sacrifices