• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Themaulmarauder

Stan Wickham (3)
Great idea @backfencebandit this would be awesome I believe it would be a incredibly close game.

Here is my team 2

1 Cyrus (BSHS)
2 Tyler Mayberry (BBC)
3 Lucas Clifford (BBC)
4 Eli Langy (BSHS)
5 Jack Randall (BBC)
6 Oliver Nasser(GT)
7 Trent Picot (BSHS)
8 Roman (BSHS)
9 Stan Keats (BBC)
10 Fletcher Austin (ACGS)
11 Dj Colivavu (BBC)
12 Max Blanch (ACGS)
13 Frank Howarth (BBC)
14 Saia Poese (GT)
15 Trevon Pritchard (ACGS)
Hey @footybaby I love the team, although I just had question regarding the selection of Stan Keats at 9 IMO he is a great player but I would like to hear your thought process considering he hasn't been play first XV footy

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
If they don't get announced in the next hour, I'll find a hill and hurt myself.
1724300594841.jpeg

Wicked Left Foot

Bob McCowan (2)
Likely due to the far travel times for all the boys. Hopefully they get to train more in BrizVegas.
Travel times might be the reason, but it is a silly reason IMO. As a parent of a recent Country Player, being selected for a Country team is a massive opportunity for players that due to location don't get many. We would gladly head to Brisbane a week early so that the boys can train for a week together and get to know each other. I remember young fella's first game for Country against a very enthusiastic Brissy Grey team, he didn't know the names of 3/4 of the team. They had one 3 or 4 hour training session together the day before they played.

Nut and Bolt

Stan Wickham (3)
Travel times might be the reason, but it is a silly reason IMO. As a parent of a recent Country Player, being selected for a Country team is a massive opportunity for players that due to location don't get many. We would gladly head to Brisbane a week early so that the boys can train for a week together and get to know each other. I remember young fella's first game for Country against a very enthusiastic Brissy Grey team, he didn't know the names of 3/4 of the team. They had one 3 or 4 hour training session together the day before they played.
At least the country boys have had some time together as they played in a comp a couple of months ago. If I'm right didn't, they go straight from Rocky into camp and play a few games in Brisbane against Brisbane.

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anybody have any inside sources from any other schools.

All I know is that

Conrad Scott is likely to be replacing Pitty (BBC)

Treyvon Pritchard and Hugh Rylance are available for selection. Only question is whether they are playing (ACGS)
Hopefully Treyvon and Hugh both make the right choice and have a dig in their school colours.