• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
We all know what the teams are going to be NUDGEE, and ACGS boys… Why give a selector role, to a coach of any of these schools (Or any GPS school to be honest) - Make it fair. Too many AIC, and other various footy players are going to miss out, due to one thing… GPS nepotism. Nonetheless, CMON QLD Reds Country team FIRE UP!
I was talking to mate who was at the trials. Apparently, most of the boys at the trials were from the AIC. We may witness a new era of Under16s Reds this year.

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)
Evening Gentlemen. Have the under 16 ERC teams dropped yet need to know ASAP. Have a son from nudgee who did the trials last Sunday and was told by coaches that he was garneted a starting spot. If anyone has the lists please send them! Cheers.

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
Evening Gentlemen. Have the under 16 ERC teams dropped yet need to know ASAP. Have a son from nudgee who did the trials last Sunday and was told by coaches that he was garneted a starting spot. If anyone has the lists please send them! Cheers.
If he had made it the emails were sent out yesterday, they just haven’t realised the actual XVs yet…

Brian O’Driscoll

Herbert Moran (7)
Not true and it’s open to all schools just like scholarship programmes and other selection processes unique to their school.

“As we all know from the Roman empire, big empires go down if the borders are not well-protected.”

- Bring your best 15 to Gallipoli but you’ll meet all of our resources. We’re ready for the invading State in round 9.
What part of my comment isn’t true?

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
Interesting to see the selection process surrounding what qualifies for Country QLD… My Son, was recently picked in the QLD u14 ‘Country’ team, despite us being from Inverell, Rural NSW. All I’m saying here is, perhaps this is the right approach, through ‘cheating’ the system a bit, by picking up boys who aren’t necessarily from QLD… Let me know your thoughts.

Brian O’Driscoll

Herbert Moran (7)
Interesting to see the selection process surrounding what qualifies for Country QLD… My Son, was recently picked in the QLD u14 ‘Country’ team, despite us being from Inverell, Rural NSW. All I’m saying here is, perhaps this is the right approach, through ‘cheating’ the system a bit, by picking up boys who aren’t necessarily from QLD… Let me know your thoughts.
SOO have been doing it for years. Rugby is now just catching on …….

Congrats to your lad for being picked.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Likely as he currently resides/plays footy in Queensland. At the end of the day its about where they play not strictly 'Queensland Born' Players.

Post Script - Congrats to your boy to getting picked. I'm sure he will represent Queensland Country with KSI (Knowledge, Strength, Integrity)

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
It’s funny enough here because he technically resides in Inverell… He just happens to board at TGS.
When I say resides I mean currently, but because he is scouted in QLD comps that is likely why he is picked here. If he doesn't play NSW during the majority of the year as he boards it wouldn't make sense for him to be picked there. Follow up question for you @The Blin6side, what are your words of encouragement for him at the carnival?

pene_ravai4333

Frank Row (1)
Likely as he currently resides/plays footy in Queensland. At the end of the day its about where they play not strictly 'Queensland Born' Players.

Post Script - Congrats to your boy to getting picked. I'm sure he will represent Queensland Country with KSI (Knowledge, Strength, Integrity)
I strongly support this method of selection however could we eventually see some issues in the future regarding eligibility in representing teams in opens, when it comes to birthplace or where they reside in their junior footy...

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
I strongly support this method of selection however could we eventually see some issues in the future regarding eligibility in representing teams in opens, when it comes to birthplace or where they reside in their junior footy...
I believe eligibility would not matter as it's club teams not rep state/intl footy.

backfencebandit

Chris McKivat (8)
Does the responsibility for the exposure of these outer brisbane footy players come down to the main 9 GPS school offering scholarship and doing the recruiting for the reds bring the best players together to make it easier to pick from. IMO this makes it very hard for kids that don't want to leave home but it seems to be the only way to get a foot in the door. Should the reds and rugby AU rely on schools with funds to provide oppourtunities to rural and non metro kids to have a chance at excelling in Rugby?