• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
When I say resides I mean currently, but because he is scouted in QLD comps that is likely why he is picked here. If he doesn't play NSW during the majority of the year as he boards it wouldn't make sense for him to be picked there. Follow up question for you @The Blin6side, what are your words of encouragement for him at the carnival?
I get what you’re trying to say here (To be perfectly honest I was just trying to wind up some QLD supporters)… My words of encouragement will be the same, as every game I watch him play. Chop, Chop, Chop… Just make your tackles, and hit the breakdown. He isn’t the biggest kid, so he just needs to make up for it with a country mindset. Kid loves a jackal… I will be attending the carnival, hope to see a few fellow forumists there aswell, to spin a yarn.

jackal_it_julie

Bob McCowan (2)
If there was a GPS team vs the best team out of the rest of QLD who would win?
Mate great question.

I personally would take the local GPS boys over a constructed team of talented QLD footy players based on their relative closeness and cohesion through club and rep footy. I would say my Hot take is that the non GPS team would possess a world more of talent then the GPS, however the quality of coaching and tools these boys have for them is truly outmatched to any old country boy out west. But mate give those boys out west have the equipment these GPS boys have and they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Just how the cookie crumbles unfortunately Thats my 2 cents.
Sorry for the rant,

Cheers,

JIJ

Wicked Left Foot

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting to see the selection process surrounding what qualifies for Country QLD… My Son, was recently picked in the QLD u14 ‘Country’ team, despite us being from Inverell, Rural NSW. All I’m saying here is, perhaps this is the right approach, through ‘cheating’ the system a bit, by picking up boys who aren’t necessarily from QLD… Let me know your thoughts.
I've always had questions around the term "Country" in Queensland Country Selections. Of the U16 Country team selected in June/July only one selection from Townsville, 1 from Far North Queensland, 1 from Darling Downs and 2 from Capricornia, regions that I consider "Country". The remainder were selected from Gold Coast (12) & Sunshine Coast (6) areas I don't really consider as Country. I thought theses regions were supposed to be selected in the SEQ team.

backfencebandit

Chris McKivat (8)
A bit off topic but ... How good would a annual GPS all star game be in the first week of term 4
Team 1: 1st, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th
Team 2: 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th,

This year would look like ( based on current ladder)
Team 1: NC, TSS, TGS, IGS, BGS
Team 2: BSHS, BBC, ACGS, GT

Would be a crazy showcase of GPS footy

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
I've always had questions around the term "Country" in Queensland Country Selections. Of the U16 Country team selected in June/July only one selection from Townsville, 1 from Far North Queensland, 1 from Darling Downs and 2 from Capricornia, regions that I consider "Country". The remainder were selected from Gold Coast (12) & Sunshine Coast (6) areas I don't really consider as Country. I thought theses regions were supposed to be selected in the SEQ team.
IMO there should be a coast team that makes up of the boys from the beachs… EG Gold Coast, and Sunshine Coast. This would allow the country team to be country.

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Ward Prentice (10)
A bit off topic but ... How good would a annual GPS all star game be in the first week of term 4

Excellent idea actually wouldn't mind seeing this.
Although with trying to get rival schools to like each other and play on a team together I don't know.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Team 1:
1. Uys (TSS)
2. Grenfell (NC)
3. Sia (IGS)
4. Kasprowicz (NC)
5. Scheibel (IGS)
6. Hart (NC)
7. Grey (TGS)
8. Akauola (BGS)
9. Goldie (TSS)
10. Walker (IGS)
11. Conway (NC)
12. Vea (TSS)
13. Laine Sietu (NC)
14. Murgha (IGS)
15. Johnson (NC)

Thoughts?
I believe K. Lavender (TSS) is a must one of the best players in the comp so far. Apart from that very nice team

Themaulmarauder

Stan Wickham (3)

Team 2: maximum 4 players each school, apologies for any misspelt names

1. Oscar Donovan (BBC)
2. Charlie Holliman (GT)
3. Alec Wier (GT)
4. Eli Langi (BSHS)
5. Jye Crothers (ACGS)
6. Gray O'neil (BBC)
7. Trent Picot (BSHS)
8. Roman Suilepa (BSHS)
9. Marley Ngatai (BSHS)
10. Charlie Bird (BBC)
11. Will Bloxham (ACGS)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Max Blanch (ACGS)
14. Saia Poese (GT)
15. Treyvon Pritchard (ACGS)

HM: Ollie Nasser, DJ Colevailu, Tai Taka, Sio Kite, Fletcher Austin, Archie Ilot, Seamus Boakes, Laquan Familiona, Tyrece Herniman, George Hales.

Ollies Nasser bolded as he is one of the best backrowers in the comp but can't find his way into starting lineup, will be a key impact player for this team

BBC-4
BSHS-4
ACGS-4
GT-3

Let me know your thoughts!

backfencebandit

Chris McKivat (8)
Team 2: maximum 4 players each school, apologies for any misspelt names

1. Oscar Donovan (BBC)
2. Charlie Holliman (GT)
3. Alec Wier (GT)
4. Eli Langi (BSHS)
5. Caleb Godfry (ACGS)
6. Gray O'neil (BBC)
7. Trent Picot (BSHS)
8. Roman Suilepa (BSHS)
9. Marley Ngatai (BSHS)
10. Charlie Bird (BBC)
11. Will Bloxham (ACGS)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Max Blanch (ACGS)
14. Saia Poese (GT)
15. Treyvon Pritchard (ACGS)

HM: Ollie Nasser, DJ Colevailu, Tai Taka, Sio Kite, Fletcher Austin, Archie Ilot, Seamus Boakes, Laquan Familiona, Tyrece Herniman, George Hales.

Ollies Nasser bolded as he is one of the best backrowers in the comp but can't find his way into starting lineup, will be a key impact player for this team

BBC-4
BSHS-4
ACGS-4
GT-3

Let me know your thoughts!
Very similar team mate love these picks just tried to keep mine in the position they have been playing hence why max blanch missed out on my team list

Daniel Koalins

Herbert Moran (7)

Would be a very crazy showcase but would never happen

backfencebandit

Chris McKivat (8)
Would be a very crazy showcase but would never happen
Wouldn't say never they use to do GPS vs AIC but since they are in different terms now it died off I'm sure QRU would be more then happy to show off there new facilities at Ballymore and open up the canteen make some money whilst showing off there beloved schoolboys

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
I get what you’re trying to say here (To be perfectly honest I was just trying to wind up some QLD supporters)… My words of encouragement will be the same, as every game I watch him play. Chop, Chop, Chop… Just make your tackles, and hit the breakdown. He isn’t the biggest kid, so he just needs to make up for it with a country mindset. Kid loves a jackal… I will be attending the carnival, hope to see a few fellow forumists there aswell, to spin a yarn.
If he has the same mindset as you I'm sure he'll do well, Good luck to him mate. GO HARD HIT HARD. GO COUNTRY.