• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to Jackson Hill (JH). Scored 3 tries in 2 games against TSS and ACGS (two teams with great wing defence), and has been playing his role all season. IMO he is a top tier winger. I hope to see him in and around the QRU colts program next year.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
He would be starting at many colts 1 teams. VERY UNFAIR. It would have been a dream to watch the Pitbull scrummage against H. Jackson (GT)
Immovable Object Vs Unstoppable Force. My dream front three would be

1. Barry Smith (BGS)
2. John Grenfell (NC)
3. Lucas Clifford (BBC)

HM - C.Suniala (BSHS) C.Harkins (GT) I.Raulini (NC)

Would love to hear everyone else's dream front 3?!

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Jean Paul is a great kid with a great set of lungs. One of the fittest front rowers in the GPS IMO, believe he was somewhere in the IGS XC team this year, maybe as a reserve. I should have put him as a HM in my list.
The reason he is in my team is for his work ethic, especially on the ground. I have said it a couple time but this kid only does long placements. Gives the IGS breakdown such an advantage.

Wicked Left Foot

Bob McCowan (2)
Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to Jackson Hill (JH). Scored 3 tries in 2 games against TSS and ACGS (two teams with great wing defence), and has been playing his role all season. IMO he is a top tier winger. I hope to see him in and around the QRU colts program next year.
Good shout out which leads me to my issue with the Courier Mail's TOTW. This week's team included Elijah Breen at 15, when he played at 10, and picked both Terblanche & Murgha on the wing, when they both played at 15. This leaves no spots in TOTW for our wings. I am not disagreeing or doubting that these lads had good games, but unfortunately we then have other good players in their position not getting a look in.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Good shout out which leads me to my issue with the Courier Mail's TOTW. This week's team included Elijah Breen at 15, when he played at 10, and picked both Terblanche & Murgha on the wing, when they both played at 15. This leaves no spots in TOTW for our wings. I am not disagreeing or doubting that these lads had good games, but unfortunately we then have other good players in their position not getting a look in.
Agree Here - TOTW should be strictly position based.

RazorRamon

Frank Nicholson (4)
B6’S GPS Pink team (GT, IGS, TSS, ACGS and BSHS). If you want to create your own from these schools, the rules are there is a minimum of 2 from each school, and a max of 5 from a school…

1. Kingsley Uys (TSS)
2. Blaze Moana (TSS)
3. Sio Kite (ACGS)
4. Jye Crothers (ACGS)
5. Eli Langi (BSHS)
6. Oliver Nasser (GT)
7. Trent Picot (BSHS)
8. Roman Siulepa (BSHS)
9. George ‘Jack Russel’ Hales (GT)
10. Tyson Walker (IGS)
11. Sam Russel (GT)
12. Max Blanch (ACGS)
13. Kilarney Lavender (TSS)
14. Amaziah Murgha (IGS)
15. Treyvon Pritchard (ACGS)

HM: A. Illot (GT), C. Hollyman (GT), C. Cross (GT), Jean-Paul Sia (IGS), Finn Kendall (IGS), J. Grey (IGS), H. Solofia (ACGS), C. Godfrey (ACGS), S. Williams (ACGS), M. Ngatai (BSHS), A. Tagicakbau (BSHS), L. Thornton (BSHS), and C. Suniula (BSHS)…

TSS: 3
BSHS: 3
GT: 3
IGS: 2
ACGS: 4

Cheers,
B6.
Geez what an absolute cracker of a team!! Probably the best take I’ve seen on this forum in the last few weeks.

jackal_it_julie

Bob McCowan (2)
Does anyone have any ties with the Reds, what's with the delay of the 16s teams announcements.
I've noticed the addition of the 14's age category within the ERC competition. Is this a plea to prevent what is an onslaught of NRL poaching or have the reds gone all in and targeted quantity over quality. Needless to say the Junior Reds teams of the past have severely underperformed given the fact they hold some untapped talent across the state.
The delay of 16's team announcement does give me some hope that the team may be selected based on skill rather than the common phrase "its not who you are, its who you know".

Cheers,

JIJ

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't think it's an issue with the gps, just for Nudgee.
It’s a private institution and it’s our business if we want to offer boys an extra year if they wish, just like they do at all the GPS schools on a case by case basis.

My father and I still attend social functions decades after leaving the school including attending the rugby, donating to the school’s philanthropic projects including the gold plating to their facilities and offering boys opportunities. The place looks like it does because of this as well as produces considerable success and connectivity. It’s just as much as a “country club” as it is a school and also like some of the other schools, notably Terrace, BBC, TSS, Churchie, the journey doesn’t end once the pens are down in year 12.

TSS have plenty of interstate kids who are under 18s and Grammar have plenty of international boarders drawn from China and other international areas as does Nudgee as a large boarding school. I don’t see what the issue is. It’s not conformity, it’s uniqueness across the GPS landscape.

The Roman Empire is vast and well resourced and it is marching forward on its rugby chariots.

jackal_it_julie

Bob McCowan (2)
Agree Here - TOTW should be strictly position based.
Evening mate,

I would have to disagree here although I completely agree with where you are coming from in that respect. Undoubtedly, week in and week out star outside backs and loose forwards are forfeiting their opportunity to be named in the team of the week due to the immense competition in the 'spine roles'. What comes to mind for me is the battle between Nasser and Siulepa, two of the most in form players in the comp who are arguably the most dominant players in the game. But with your logic they both don't make the cut based on lets say a strong performance from another TGS breakaway. Mate I completely agree with the importance of acknowledging players with solid games, but why should the dominant forces in such a prestigious comp be penalised for 'fairness'. Once again open to to criticism but just my 2 cents.

Cheers

JIJ

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Ward Prentice (10)
Don’t know why these schoolboys think it’s so funny copying qtt making new accounts on G&G and pretending to be politicians. Like cmon it’s obviously edited on your AI doesn’t trick me. Atleast we know QTT is the real deal he’s got photos of him playing to prove it.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Evening mate,

I would have to disagree here although I completely agree with where you are coming from in that respect. Undoubtedly, week in and week out star outside backs and loose forwards are forfeiting their opportunity to be named in the team of the week due to the immense competition in the 'spine roles'. What comes to mind for me is the battle between Nasser and Siulepa, two of the most in form players in the comp who are arguably the most dominant players in the game. But with your logic they both don't make the cut based on lets say a strong performance from another TGS breakaway. Mate I completely agree with the importance of acknowledging players with solid games, but why should the dominant forces in such a prestigious comp be penalised for 'fairness'. Once again open to to criticism but just my 2 cents.

Cheers

JIJ
I agree completely. Other examples include the fullback position, having vital players like Murgha, Pritchard and Rosemond all at fullback who each perform constantly for their teams. Sometimes it is difficult to pick.

Brian O’Driscoll

Herbert Moran (7)
yes they should it's unfair to boys who work hard to get into the first all for someone like Jacob Johnson to repeat and steal their spot because they want to go over 3 years

not so much as stealing their spot but not allowing them the oppourtunity
I agree and NC seems to be the only school that actively promotes it. They have some handy players in the 2ndXV who won’t get a start in 1sts because of the three year seniors.

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
I agree and NC seems to be the only school that actively promotes it. They have some handy players in the 2ndXV who won’t get a start in 1sts because of the three year seniors.

Not true and it’s open to all schools just like scholarship programmes and other selection processes unique to their school.

“As we all know from the Roman empire, big empires go down if the borders are not well-protected.”

- Bring your best 15 to Gallipoli but you’ll meet all of our resources. We’re ready for the invading State in round 9.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
1724237168690.jpeg

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
Still waiting on the 16's reds squad to be dropped. Real disappointed with their lack of care.
We all know what the teams are going to be NUDGEE, and ACGS boys… Why give a selector role, to a coach of any of these schools (Or any GPS school to be honest) - Make it fair. Too many AIC, and other various footy players are going to miss out, due to one thing… GPS nepotism. Nonetheless, CMON QLD Reds Country team FIRE UP!