• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Cheers for that input @NAPALM_D. I think you mixed up your words a bit and instead it should be that hales replicates his Jack Russel esque game off Jackson. Harry Jackson graduated in 2009 at downloads and ended played prem grade for Norths from 2012-2014. Think he has been inactive since.
GAVIN WILSON TYRES! was fortunate enough to be able to watch the NC DC game on the weekend and gav at scrum time caused havoc against the likes of Princeton Ioane Tito Hamala and Liam Robinson some would say is a solid 1s front row in any gps team. Although the downland boys lost in a tight one to a well drilled nudgee team i do think they will push Toowoomba grammar next week for the O'Callaghan cup. Have also heard good things about that Jackson bloke at 9 apparently bases his game of the GT 9 George "Jack Russel" hales. Both scrum half's love a sniff in B zone.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
My predictions for the round

BBC Vs GT - I’ve got BBC sending a absolute statement to the rest of the GPS this week by winning by 30+ after a bad display against BGS

BGS Vs BSHS - I feel BSHS are too dominant and will win this game by a hefty amount but BGS will try put up a fight like they always do

NC Vs TGS- I think Nudgee will win this game but I believe it will be tight, it feels like TGS is only finding there groove now in the season and I believe they will make NC work for this but won’t get it done

IGS Vs ACGS- For me worst game of the round I’m not very excited for this game but do believe ACGS will win if star boy Trevon Pritchard is back.
Not going to comment on these picks until I see a team list. Even if I'm disagreeing with them highly...

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)
Cheers for that input @NAPALM_D. I think you mixed up your words a bit and instead it should be that hales replicates his Jack Russel esque game off Jackson. Harry Jackson graduated in 2009 at downloads and ended played prem grade for Norths from 2012-2014. Think he has been inactive since.
believe he suffered a bad neck injury that sidelined him for 2-5 years but is expected to make a return in 2026. Just got to get through rehab from what I've been told. Will be interested for Jacksons return and how this neck injury affects his sniffing capabilities in the B zone.

bigmoneybrown

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey Fellas, just logging on for tonight. Read the whole mishap today. Felt goosebumps reading how close we were to a D-Day 3. When will the young bucks learn! I am sick of it. Not trying to talk to boys who are too bored to change their calculator from radians to degrees but rather some gents who know the game we all LOVE.

On another note. In my eyes round 9 has the chance to be the greatest gps footy match in the last decade. I know that tss nudgee round 9 final was pretty special but theres soemthing different about the one state school having a crack at the poster boy of success, nudgee. Can the south brissy boys stop the 3 peat or will nudgee cement this recent dynasty into the legacy of the game.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
PAST DECADE GT FIRST XV
1. Oliver Macklin
2. Hudson Mulcahy
3. Josh Nasser
4. Xavier Grambower
5. Xavier Boyle
6. Riley Tillotson
7. Angus munn
8. Pj sua
9. Sam kirk
10. Patrick elekana
11. Will Eadie
12. dan Condon
13. David Vaihu
14. Glenn Vaihu
15. Richard dean
Sorry mate but I've got Archie Xavier at 9 all day. Also prefer Charlie Cooke at 6. Move Angus Munn to 5 over Boyle and put Joe Liddy at 7. Also, I believe Ollie Nasser to be arguably the most talented and dominate forward I've seen through Gregory Terrace for much longer than the past decade so would have to put him in there. Also believe Richard Dean to be a TGS old boy if I'm incorrect, unless there has been a GT 15 with the same name over the past decade.

malcoms mauls

Bob McCowan (2)
Greetings!
I’m Malcom, thrilled to join this passionate group of rugby enthusiasts! I’m eager to dive into discussions, share insights, and learn from the best. Let’s tackle rugby’s finest moments together and keep the spirit of the game alive. Looking forward to connecting with you all and sharing our love for the sport! Let’s make this a great space for rugby talk and community spirit. Cheers to new friendships and thrilling matches ahead!

Cheers,
MM

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)
Sorry mate but I've got Archie Xavier at 9 all day. Also prefer Charlie Cooke at 6. Move Angus Munn to 5 over Boyle and put Joe Liddy at 7. Also, I believe Ollie Nasser to be arguably the most talented and dominate forward I've seen through Gregory Terrace for much longer than the past decade so would have to put him in there. Also believe Richard Dean to be a TGS old boy if I'm incorrect, unless there has been a GT 15 with the same name over the past decade.
Sorry mate Richard Dean studied at terrace from grade 5-9 then i believe went to TGS for his senior years as he was expelled from GT for breaking a blokes ankles at lunchtime touch footy. I have put Boyle in the row for his lineout abilities as a successful set piece is what wins games of footy and Nasser i believe still has more room to grow before he makes this team we gotta remember kids in grade 11.

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)
Greetings!
I’m Malcom, thrilled to join this passionate group of rugby enthusiasts! I’m eager to dive into discussions, share insights, and learn from the best. Let’s tackle rugby’s finest moments together and keep the spirit of the game alive. Looking forward to connecting with you all and sharing our love for the sport! Let’s make this a great space for rugby talk and community spirit. Cheers to new friendships and thrilling matches ahead!

Cheers,
MM
Sure this wasn't whipped up in chatGPT malcom!

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sorry mate Richard Dean studied at terrace from grade 5-9 then i believe went to TGS for his senior years as he was expelled from GT for breaking a blokes ankles at lunchtime touch footy. I have put Boyle in the row for his lineout abilities as a successful set piece is what wins games of footy and Nasser i believe still has more room to grow before he makes this team we gotta remember kids in grade 11.
loving this inside intel.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Sorry mate I was under the impression we were going off the team Dean played 1sts for. I agree Boyle was a great footy player but Munn was far more dominate in the 3 years of firsts he played at the school. I also insisted on Nasser purely because even though he has more to give he has already reached far higher than numerous players on this list, that's all but otherwise I respect your team.

malcoms mauls

Bob McCowan (2)
Sure this wasn't whipped up in chatGPT malcom!
Apologies for the mishap, as joining a new community can be quite nerve-racking. I will strive to not make this mistake again and speak from the heart. I am eager to fully immerse myself in this wonderful experience, communicating about the wonderful competition we know as GPS rugby.
Sincerely,
MM

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Greetings!

Cheers,
MM
Oh no here we go again @cyclopath

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)
Sorry mate I was under the impression we were going off the team Dean played 1sts for. I agree Boyle was a great footy player but Munn was far more dominate in the 3 years of firsts he played at the school. I also insisted on Nasser purely because even though he has more to give he has already reached far higher than numerous players on this list, that's all but otherwise I respect your team.
Munn was overrated in my opinion kid was just in a bad GT rugby era being the only bloke wanting to carry the footy. Boyle proved to be the difference every time he wore that red jersey for GT evident in his battle of the colours game in 2019.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sorry mate but I've got Archie Xavier at 9 all day. Also prefer Charlie Cooke at 6. Move Angus Munn to 5 over Boyle and put Joe Liddy at 7. Also, I believe Ollie Nasser to be arguably the most talented and dominate forward I've seen through Gregory Terrace for much longer than the past decade so would have to put him in there. Also believe Richard Dean to be a TGS old boy if I'm incorrect, unless there has been a GT 15 with the same name over the past decade
How was Hary Wilson not even mentioned, that's absurd.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Boyle and gram bower were simply better. Although Harry Wilson does have very respectable credentials, he wasn't a lineout threat.
Have to agree with NAPALM_D here, although Wilson had a great schoolboy career, I just believe there has been stronger second rowers who influenced the overall success of their team more than Wilson did.

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)
I can just feel the BBC upset against GT this coming round.
Morning Wayne. I feel as these city slickers from spring hill can get the job done on Saturday. If GT are able to replicate their nudgee performance this match up will be won within under 7 points. However if the boys from GT are not able to secure the breakdown and have 3 meter spacing on both sides on the ruck BBC will have a field day with the likes of Lucas Clifford (cousin of Connor Clifford) and Frank "the tank" Howarth running a muck at set piece.