• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
My All time Downlands XV

1. Gav Wilson Tyres (I know the kids still in year 11, but gee he can play and I definitely see himself making a name for himself)
2. James Bradbury
3. Greg Holmes
4. Garrick Morgan
5. Peter Ryan
6. Brett Robinson
7. Kohan Herbert
8. Dennis Manteit
9. Harry Jackson
10. Brad Twidale
11. John Elders
12. Tim Horan
13.Gene Fairbanks
14. Win Yai Pupu
15. Mac Grealy

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
I believe its called Gaza due to the hard Tennyson ground leaving wounds on the body like the Gaza strip does

Yes I noticed when I switched between a match at Churchie and Tennyson on the live feed that the Churchie field was noticeably greener and more lush than the Tennyson oval. Wasn’t sure if it was the camera work or the actual field but it really needs some work there as it looks like what the Nudgee flats looked like before they did the big upgrade a couple of years ago.

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
My All time Downlands XV

1. Gav Wilson Tyres (I know the kids still in year 11, but gee he can play and I definitely see himself making a name for himself)
2. James Bradbury
3. Greg Holmes
4. Garrick Morgan
5. Peter Ryan
6. Brett Robinson
7. Kohan Herbert
8. Dennis Manteit
9. Harry Jackson
10. Brad Twidale
11. John Elders
12. Tim Horan
13.Gene Fairbanks
14. Win Yai Pupu
15. Mac Grealy
Harry Jackson and Brad Twidale are a deadly halve pairing…

Ankle_tap_Albo

Peter Burge (5)
Yes I noticed when I switched between a match at Churchie and Tennyson on the live feed that the Churchie field was noticeably greener and more lush than the Tennyson oval. Wasn’t sure if it was the camera work or the actual field but it really needs some work there as it looks like what the Nudgee flats looked like before they did the big upgrade a couple of years ago.
I've noticed since the 2022 floods Tennyson hasn't really been the same. The surfaces have been quite hard and the grass is horrible. I have been told that Tennyson has had new groundspeople since the end of Term 1 so maybe that is why.

Thanks,
ATT

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
My All time Downlands XV

2. James Bradbury
3. Greg Holmes
4. Garrick Morgan
5. Peter Ryan
6. Brett Robinson
7. Kohan Herbert
8. Dennis Manteit
9. Harry Jackson
10. Brad Twidale
11. John Elders
12. Tim Horan
13.Gene Fairbanks
14. Win Yai Pupu
15. Mac Grealy
Loving it, although I'm not a Downlands old boy. I've noticed a couple familiar faces. Harry Jackson obviously, my all-time favorite downlands player. Saw a video of this kid copping a knee to the head, getting knocked out then chasing down a winger and making a try saving tackle. Sorry for the backstory, just a memorable moment for me.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
When I was making this Downlands team as I was going through the half paring it rung a bell I have been meaning to talk about for quite a while one this forum. For any parents out there, if you want you son to be a quality half send them to Sunshine Coast grammar because there is something in the water down there. Obviously the first that comes to mind is Tate mcdermott however there is so much more. Last years u18 reds halfback Luke Aiken, Both Carter and Mason Gordon (Before BBC), Louis Werchon all spending time in at the college. Further, Gus Grover The Australian U16 halfback also grew up there. Does anyone know the secret?

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
When I was making this Downlands team as I was going through the half paring it rung a bell I have been meaning to talk about for quite a while one this forum. For any parents out there, if you want you son to be a quality half send them to Sunshine Coast grammar because there is something in the water down there. Obviously the first that comes to mind is Tate mcdermott however there is so much more. Last years u18 reds halfback Luke Aiken, Both Carter and Mason Gordon (Before BBC), Louis Werchon all spending time in at the college. Further, Gus Grover The Australian U16 halfback also grew up there. Does anyone know the secret?
I believe its the high sun exposure, and there hard working surfer boy mindsets…

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Has to be something in the water up there mate, either that or these boys don't sleep they just train :rolleyes:

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
My predictions for the round

BBC Vs GT - I’ve got BBC sending a absolute statement to the rest of the GPS this week by winning by 30+ after a bad display against BGS

BGS Vs BSHS - I feel BSHS are too dominant and will win this game by a hefty amount but BGS will try put up a fight like they always do

NC Vs TGS- I think Nudgee will win this game but I believe it will be tight, it feels like TGS is only finding there groove now in the season and I believe they will make NC work for this but won’t get it done

IGS Vs ACGS- For me worst game of the round I’m not very excited for this game but do believe ACGS will win if star boy Trevon Pritchard is back.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Talking of line outs I heard some chat on Saturday about how not straight isn't applicable when thrown over the 15, would someone be able to confirm?
Yes, coincidentally in the GT vs TGS game, this did happen. Not sure whether it was the hooker or an actual call, but GT got called up on it. In the hookers defense it was the windiest game of footy I've seen in a long time.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)

BBC Vs GT - I’ve got BBC sending a absolute statement to the rest of the GPS this week by winning by 30+ after a bad display against BGS

BGS Vs BSHS - I feel BSHS are too dominant and will win this game by a hefty amount but BGS will try put up a fight like they always do

NC Vs TGS- I think Nudgee will win this game but I believe it will be tight, it feels like TGS is only finding there groove now in the season and I believe they will make NC work for this but won’t get it done

IGS Vs ACGS- For me worst game of the round I’m not very excited for this game but do believe ACGS will win if star boy Trevon Pritchard is back.
IGS takes the crown here, they have been playing classy footy so far and have only played tough teams so I don't see why they couldn't take on Churchie with ease.

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)
My All time Downlands XV

2. James Bradbury
3. Greg Holmes
4. Garrick Morgan
5. Peter Ryan
6. Brett Robinson
7. Kohan Herbert
8. Dennis Manteit
9. Harry Jackson
10. Brad Twidale
11. John Elders
12. Tim Horan
13.Gene Fairbanks
14. Win Yai Pupu
15. Mac Grealy
GAVIN WILSON TYRES! was fortunate enough to be able to watch the NC DC game on the weekend and gav at scrum time caused havoc against the likes of Princeton Ioane Tito Hamala and Liam Robinson some would say is a solid 1s front row in any gps team. Although the downland boys lost in a tight one to a well drilled nudgee team i do think they will push Toowoomba grammar next week for the O'Callaghan cup. Have also heard good things about that Jackson bloke at 9 apparently bases his game of the GT 9 George "Jack Russel" hales. Both scrum half's love a sniff in B zone.

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
Are you a time traveler do you already know the scores for every game? IGS are solid but this Churchie side can put up performances so you never know in GPS footy.
IGS takes the crown here, they have been playing classy footy so far and have only played tough teams so I don't see why they couldn't take on Churchie with ease.
I tend to agree this is a serious Igs side, and I rank them very highly. They have challenged all strong sides and played with real passion and deserve more wins than they have. I would tend to say IGS will beat Churchie, although home ground advantage will be tough for IGS. The Red and White are not to be taken lightly and can beat any team in this competition when on their game. Ask Bshs what they thought. IGS is a dangerous team.

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)

couldn't agree more with these predictions.