• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
I love the new nickname of Tennyson as Gaza and Nudgee as Gallipoli. I get the Gallipoli call but can I ask the story behind the Gaza name? Also, any other nicknames for grounds?

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)
I love the new nickname of Tennyson as Gaza and Nudgee as Gallipoli. I get the Gallipoli call but can I ask the story behind the Gaza name? Also, any other nicknames for grounds?
Glad you asked. I view Tennyson as an isolated dry battle ground, hence the name Gaza.

BGS- the cauldron
BGS should be Hurricane Alley
1724057878722.png

Footy GOD

Stan Wickham (3)
Don’t totally agree with this one. I view north gate as an amusement park. The rest of the competition just has fun out there, hence the name Movie World.
Northgate is not the cauldron. I do agree with amusement park at the gate. When games were played at Spring Hill it was named 'the cauldron'. Sadly, those days are no longer.
Cheers.

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)
Don’t totally agree with this one. I view north gate as an amusement park. The rest of the competition just has fun out there, hence the name Movie World.
I can see it being called the amusement park when the boys in light dark blue don't show up. However against GT the BGS brothers really got behind their new look team and gave their spring hill rivals a real scare close to causing a major upset. Surely the boys in blue can win a game this season at their cauldron to re spark themselves back into the GPS.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
I know this isn't directly related to the GPS but I would like to give a shoutout to Downlands Old boy Kohan Herbert. He was announced the captain of Souths prem grade yet he was a Bs player all the way until u16 in which he mad the As, then the First 15. After school he worked his way into the junior all black side and he has recently been playing out of his skin at number 7 for souths . Truly goes to show what one offseason can do for you with the right attitude and a will to get better.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
I know this isn't directly related to the GPS but I would like to give a shoutout to Downlands Old boy Kohan Herbert. He was announced the captain of Souths prem grade yet he was a Bs player all the way until u16 in which he mad the As, then the First 15. After school he worked his way into the junior all black side and he has recently been playing out of his skin at number 7 for souths . Truly goes to show what one offseason can do for you with the right attitude and a will to get better.
Heard lots about Kohan over the years, great to see he's getting the recognition he deserves.

Ankle_tap_Albo

Peter Burge (5)
I watched Souths vs UQ yesterday at Sunnybank and he was one of the better players for Souths in a losing team. Has been playing great this season especially without back-rower John Bryant when he was playing for the Reds. He has put the magpies on his shoulders and lead them to the finals for the first time in a while.

Thanks
ATA

Last edited: