• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
As an ex NC boy how do you think GT will shape up in the game, do they have chance, they seem fairly confident.
I Love my NC boys (BLUE AND WHITE, BLUE AND WHITE), but I have always hoped to be an impartial analysist of GPS footy. I genuinely think that this Terrace group has been one of the strongest in a couple years (visa ve, their wins in u11-15s and a narrow loss in u16s). If the GT boys play at the calibur they did agaisnt Churchie- they might have a chance. If they play anything like their Grammar round performance however, I see NC pulling away relatively easily.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
I Love my NC boys (BLUE AND WHITE, BLUE AND WHITE), but I have always hoped to be an impartial analysist of GPS footy. I genuinely think that this Terrace group has been one of the strongest in a couple years (visa ve, their wins in u11-15s and a narrow loss in u16s). If the GT boys play at the calibur they did agaisnt Churchie- they might have a chance. If they play anything like their Grammar round performance however, I see NC pulling away relatively easily.
Very insightful I will be keeping an eye out on the game. As the IPPY boys match up against them in round 9 so we will have to see.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Very insightful I will be keeping an eye out on the game. As the IPPY boys match up against them in round 9 so we will have to see.
Are you an IGS old boy mate? Personally I think they've been this seasons 'dark horse', as they were predicted near the bottom but have done suprisingly well. Their current ladder position does not reflect their skill, as they have suffered two losses within two points or less against premiership contenders BSHS and BBC.

Get em onside

Bob McCowan (2)
Thoughts on TGS VS BGS? For the sake of rugby down at the range, I really hope to see the boys in yellow flip a switch and start to work a bit more on the field. With a big captains run tonight and a g up from the skip, they have what it takes to set a statement in a similar scoreline to what nudged did on sat. However I do not want to discredit the boys from BGS. If every player plays the best they can for just 50 mins I reckon that they can win. Their blueprint is simple for anyone that watches footy, its all about kicking both for goal and territorial. However I do feel they may need to mix it up against TGS, there 10 and 15 needs to start running. To much kicking will cost them as this Toowoomba backs are electric.
Cheers

The Blin6side

Larry Dwyer (12)
Interesting to see a reschedule for BGS vs Grammar (By grammar I mean TGS, as it is the real grammar school of the GPS). Why would they only change the time for this fixture? Interesting change considering both teams are the current bottom seat of the comp…

Wicked Left Foot

Frank Row (1)
Interesting to see a reschedule for BGS vs Grammar (By grammar I mean TGS, as it is the real grammar school of the GPS). Why would they only change the time for this fixture? Interesting change considering both teams are the current bottom seat of the comp…
Nothing to do with position on the table. Agreed upon by both schools to allow players and spectators to get to the Wallabies v Boks game at 2.30pm

Sofit

Stan Wickham (3)
In order for Terrace to win on Saturday, every player in every position will be required to play at the highest level they have ever played. Nudgee’s focus should be on aggressive defence to stifle those plans. It’s going to be extremely difficult for Terrace to reach this benchmark, but not impossible.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
News out of the BBC camp- an unchanged lineup from last round except Lucas Clifford appears to start. In my opinion this is excellent to see, at this kid has seemed to be doing all the right things during games and on the bench as well. One of my sons mates showed me his instagram and I absolutely love his never give up attitude. A feel good story, if you will.

Sofit

Stan Wickham (3)
Same ref at the Nudgee Terrace match as the Nudgee Churchie match. Nudgee are dominant in the forwards and rucks and mauls but the calls all going Terrace’s way at the breakdown…

Sofit

Stan Wickham (3)
Farcical from Australian rugby again with a team being rewarded with penalties whilst getting dominated. GPS rugby live feed also very poor with late starting coverage, scores not adding up eg Terrace score a converted try and noted as 2 points on their score count. Wallabies of course not worth watching. Oh Australian rugby, please lift your game

Last edited:

Headbin

Stan Wickham (3)
Great round of Rugby

TTS 23 - BSHS 29. BSHS has managed a tough task overcoming TSS at shark park and they continue to remain premiership favourites, with Giant Killing reputation growing each week. I said it would be close.

BGS 12 TGS 47. As I mentioned I saw TGS start to hit form last weekend at T'bar. and they dismantled a BGS team that never gave up. TGS maybe a real handful for those teams left to play them.

ACGS 17 - BBC 36. Churchie shell shocked BBC early with some stunning trys, but BBC were able shake off the punch to the Jaw and did what they needed to win decisively . I cannot say they are as well drilled and mistake free as I would like to see, but they have star players with Athletes that can pull them out of a fire when the chips are down. Teams playing them will want to play the full 70 minutes or risk BBC racking up late points. They were slow starters, but when they got their confidence, they showed they are premiership material.

GT 12 -Nudgee 25. GT certainly took the game to Nudgee and as an independent observer ( watching from Ross with the Groundsman), apart from two Bang- Bang Nudgee trys from their backs, there was nothing in it and Nudgee didn't appear to get completely on top of Terrace. Nudgee has a bye next week and the ice baths will be used overtime. Nudgee certainly hasn't learnt their lessons with regard to ref management aka Team discipline. This is the decline I refer to and the coaches need to sort it - or lose the premiership. I wish the Terrace Lad playing 12 a quick recovery from what look as nasty leg injury.

So we appear to be NUDGEE , BBC BSHS as the short List

Final Table as I see it in three bunches

1.BSHS,NUDGEE, BBC
4 IGS, TSS,Churchie and GT
5 BGS, TGS

So what will be the final order.My shot at it.....
1.BSHS
2 NUDGEE
3 BBC
4.TSS
5.IGS
6 CHURCHIE
7 GT
8 TGS
9 BGS

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Status