• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
Hi guys I thought it would be a good idea to let you know that I will be at Tennyson tomorrow to watch the battle of the colours, I will be there from around 12ish to watch the 16a's, 2XV and 1XV. Feel free to come up to me and have a yarn. Have a look for the middle age man who has watched to much rugby in his time. I will send a photo of where I am when I get there. Schoolboys feel free to come up to me and talk like and footy.

-QTT
Ahh, classic, I used to love the whole footy politics and chatting to all the parents. It is very overwhelming these days with all the helicopters around. Now I pull up my camp chair on an empty sideline and just enjoy it all and take it in.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
I am thinking the Nasser boy. What a freaky rugby boy.
For GT I have - Nasser, Russell, Hollyman

For NC I have - O'connel, Greenfell, Conway

Just picking a top 3 from each school - however my bold prediction is Greenfell for a double of the NC rolling maul. No illegal sacking from the GT boys though i hope, I heard they have been one to try get away with it. It all goes back to the old saying - once it has formed, sacking no more.

Get em onside

Bob McCowan (2)
Does anyone have any predictions for the 2XV in particular GT V NC
Although in the recent decade Nudgee have dominated in the 1XV comp, other then last year the 2XV from each respective school seem to match up nicely. It's always one of the best games of the day and tomorrow should be no different. However rugby xplora does have a slightly tweaked lineup for the terrace side as I think there may be an injury or two. However in 2022 the gt boys won on Tennyson so who knows. Regardless of who terrace have on their team, the nudge are always hard to beat. Looking to the rest of the 2s comp, churchie vs BBC will be a highly contested game, with church only falling just short to nudge.

Dcarter

Banned
Although in the recent decade Nudgee have dominated in the 1XV comp, other then last year the 2XV from each respective school seem to match up nicely. It's always one of the best games of the day and tomorrow should be no different. However rugby xplora does have a slightly tweaked lineup for the terrace side as I think there may be an injury or two. However in 2022 the gt boys won on Tennyson so who knows. Regardless of who terrace have on their team, the nudge are always hard to beat. Looking to the rest of the 2s comp, churchie vs BBC will be a highly contested game, with church only falling just short to nudge.
Better check that score. Nudgee beat churchie 38-12.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
2's has always been good footy, I remember playing against GT in grade 11 in '96 and there's something about the 2's that has a little more Grit. We ended up losing that year but that only fuelled the fire. In '97 we got up 43-3 against the terrace slickers in what was the biggest win margin ever against Terrace at the time (or so I believe). I still remember the beautiful pill that Ben Wakely fed me to get over in the 63rd minute to burrow under the Terrace line (I was a Prop - For context). Good times, Good times, only makes me more excited for the battle of the colours this weekend. NUDGEE WHOOOO-RAH.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
Well Terrace 2nd XV beat Churchie by 22-0 but there have been a few injuries and some key players have returned.
I'm not saying that this means much, but if you use this for a comparison, it doesn't tell you much. We won't know until after this game. This round will shape up the ladder and give us more of a read on who will be fighting it out for the prem. My pick will be a decider in the final game between NC and BSHS.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm not saying that this means much, but if you use this for a comparison, it doesn't tell you much. We won't know until after this game. This round will shape up the ladder and give us more of a read on who will be fighting it out for the prem. My pick will be a decider in the final game between NC and BSHS.
Agree Here - BSHS vs NC looking like one of the best 'Grand Final' Games we've seen for years.

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)
For GT I have - Nasser, Russell, Hollyman

For NC I have - O'connel, Greenfell, Conway

Just picking a top 3 from each school - however my bold prediction is Greenfell for a double of the NC rolling maul. No illegal sacking from the GT boys though i hope, I heard they have been one to try get away with it. It all goes back to the old saying - once it has formed, sacking no more.
I was also think Alec Weir, he nearly went over in the BGS game and seems to always be right place right time.

Ruck master 42

Bob McCowan (2)
Based on the comment your replying to are you talking about seconds of firsts

RuckTickler45

Frank Row (1)
Hi guys I thought it would be a good idea to let you know that I will be at Tennyson tomorrow to watch the battle of the colours, I will be there from around 12ish to watch the 16a's, 2XV and 1XV. Feel free to come up to me and have a yarn. Have a look for the middle age man who has watched to much rugby in his time. I will send a photo of where I am when I get there. Schoolboys feel free to come up to me and talk like and footy.

-QT

Hey qt (or should I just call you cutey ;) ) I'm sure I'll be able sense the aura of a rugby loving stud like you from a mile away. Cannot wait to talk pure footy with a like-minded, non-sprinkling champion. See you soon x. P.S keep an eye out for young up and cummer with eyes and ears open to hear from a seasoned vet like yourself. Cheers.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey qt (or should I just call you cutey ;) ) I'm sure I'll be able sense the aura of a rugby loving stud like you from a mile away. Cannot wait to talk pure footy with a like-minded, non-sprinkling champion. See you soon x. P.S keep an eye out for young up and cummer with eyes and ears open to hear from a seasoned vet like yourself. Cheers.
Gee this made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Keep this in the private messages please fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.