• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcarter

Banned
If Nc program are teaching , their students that its acceptable to complain about alleged Ref Bias publicly rather than examine where the 1st team discipline broke down when threatened with a real possibility of a loss, then yes the program is in decline and Nudgee should expect a loss soon.

i just happen to know the NC Rugby Hierarchy are more professional than that and they know what is right and wrong and accusing Refs is not their style. Perhaps the rest better “ get with the program “ or let the decline continue.
Headcase. Your rhetoric doesn’t make sense and is so far from reality that it’s making you look like a goose (long necked and feathered). So what you are saying is that because Nudgee didn’t lose, they complained about the ref? This is comical at best. If you believe that all officialdom have never had poor games than your delusional. The NRL and AFL are constantly admitting there referees get it wrong. But you’re suggesting that any criticism of a referee amounts to sour grapes, even when they win! Can you also please back up Factually how the Nudgee program is on the decline? It’s only getting stronger and stronger. You see headcase I deal in facts. Where as you deal in words. Which like your wardrobe is “cheap”.

OldBack

Stan Wickham (3)
Headcase. Your rhetoric doesn’t make sense and is so far from reality that it’s making you look like a goose (long necked and feathered). So what you are saying is that because Nudgee didn’t lose, they complained about the ref? This is comical at best. If you believe that all officialdom have never had poor games than your delusional. The NRL and AFL are constantly admitting there referees get it wrong. But you’re suggesting that any criticism of a referee amounts to sour grapes, even when they win! Can you also please back up Factually how the Nudgee program is on the decline? It’s only getting stronger and stronger. You see headcase I deal in facts. Where as you deal in words. Which like your wardrobe is “cheap”.
Not sure that Nudgee's program is on the decline. As a TSS parent I am somewhat envious of the way they develop their players from U11 upwards. Although many of this year's games between TSS and Nudgee were 10-20 points closer than last year, Nudgee still thumped most of the opposition teams. Every team I saw across the fields, whether they were A teams or E teams, all nailed the basics - catch and pass, putting a teammate into space, rush defence, ruck skills, etc. Every kick off, the boy who caught the ball swung it to the open side of the field and it went through the hands, stretching the opposition defence. Every TSS team ran it up the guts from the kick off and often lost the ball. Not sure if they train this, or if it is a product of going into every game with confidence, but all the Nudgee players seemed to run on their toes while the TSS players seemed to be flat footed. They nail the basics like the All Blacks which is one reason why they are so good. Watch the Nudgee version of The Season and you will see how they teach the juniors catch and pass, even going out to local clubs to develop these skills. In my observation, the other schools only start to catch them from U15s upwards when they start to recruit scholarship players.

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)
This week against ACGS will give the boys from the range a chance to play, with home crowd energy I can see it going either way. Churchie have proven to be inconsistent but a team that can compete with anyone on the right day, especially with the return of Pritchard into the starting side
I am aware that I am a frank row. Nonethless, I think that ACGS will give them a run for their money, considering the score last week against NC.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
I am aware that I am a frank row. Nonethless, I think that ACGS will give them a run for their money, considering the score last week against NC.
All this sprin... talk but in my opinion everyone on this forum is valid until they start trying to be a comedian. Unless your Aaron Chen or Chris Rock we don't need your jokes. Anyway, thank you for your opinion. This game and BBC vs TSS are shaping up to be huge.

Anyone know when reds 15s announced
Not sure mate.
I would agree, but the long treacherous drive up to the range could cause ACGS some problems energy wise, as well as getting physically ready for a tough match up. Like we saw against IGS ball in hands time was pivotal in the strong wind, and i believe ACGS have more spark through the likes of Pritchard and strong, fast wingers. I honestly could not pick a winner in this matchup, its a toss of a coin.

Real question here:
with the AUS V SA game being played at suncorp in the arvo, and the Hostplus cup fixtures as per usual. Which of (GT V NC), (SA V AUS), or a prem grade club footy fixture would you most like to watch?

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Real question here:
with the AUS V SA game being played at suncorp in the arvo, and the Hostplus cup fixtures as per usual. Which of (GT V NC), (SA V AUS), or a prem grade club footy fixture would you most like to watch?
Correct me if I'm wrong (apologies if I am), but did you mean to say QPR instead of Hostplus cup, as Hostplus cup is league. Anyway, as I've had coaching involvement in both GT and NC, as well as nephews who go to NC (My kids go to a different GPS School), I personally think nothing matches the atmosphere of the battle of the colours, and as a NC old boy I'll certainly be rooting for the Blue and White. On an off-topic note, I think the international union scene has been getting worse and worse, as last time I watched the wallabies play, the crowd just wasn't it for me. Personally, I think union fans need to be more like the leaguies - getting loud and about it, and loving your team and country. QPR games just wouldn't match the exciting environment until finals IMO.

Taniela Mcreight

Stan Wickham (3)
Correct me if I'm wrong (apologies if I am), but did you mean to say QPR instead of Hostplus cup, as Hostplus cup is league. Anyway, as I've had coaching involvement in both GT and NC, as well as nephews who go to NC (My kids go to a different GPS School), I personally think nothing matches the atmosphere of the battle of the colours, and as a NC old boy I'll certainly be rooting for the Blue and White. On an off-topic note, I think the international union scene has been getting worse and worse, as last time I watched the wallabies play, the crowd just wasn't it for me. Personally, I think union fans need to be more like the leaguies - getting loud and about it, and loving your team and country. QPR games just wouldn't match the exciting environment until finals IMO.
You've hit the nail on the head their mate, 100% agree.

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)
"...the program has lost its ability to truthfully self reflect on its performance and is in decline."

To date this season NC has won:

- 27 out of 31 games v Churchie
- 49 out of 50 of the games v TSS and IGS
- total to date 96% of all contests
- 100% of all 1st XV games
- Defeated the top rugby school from New Zealand (Christchurch)
- Defeated the top rugby school from Sydney (Barker)

"self reflect on its performance and is in decline."
Wow what a school

silly me, yes i do

Status
Not open for further replies.