• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Larry Dwyer (12)
I believe Downlands will beat Gregory Terrace by 14+ out at Tennyson this weekend. GT are playing their seconds due to the importance of the upcoming NC game in round 5. If they were to injure a key player (Nasser, Poese) in this bye fixture it would be deeply regretted throughout the whole program. Downlands have a decent side, and who knows maybe they could take down TGS at home this year.

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
I believe Downlands will beat Gregory Terrace by 14+ out at Tennyson this weekend. GT are playing their seconds due to the importance of the upcoming NC game in round 5. If they were to injure a key player (Nasser, Poese) in this bye fixture it would be deeply regretted throughout the whole program. Downlands have a decent side, and who knows maybe they could take down TGS at home this year.
Hello, and Goodmorning.

I believe this is an interesting take, as the likely team that will take on Downlands will comprise of mainly boys from the Second XV. Through my watch of the Seconds comp this year, Terrace have been one of the best teams around, only losing one game against TSS (by 1), throughout the season. My Contacts say they are looking lethal, as they look to put one hand on the premiership, and if they are able to compete in their own comp I believe they will be able to put up a strong fight against Downlands, as their firsts don't quite compare to GPS level.

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
Anyone have game of the round predictions
Below is Copied and Pasted my pick for 'GOTR', from my weekly tips.

After a close win against Ipswich for BBC, I see this game coming down to the wire, especially after TSS had a strong win against the boys from the range. This game will come down to the wire with BBC's strong depth, in the backs such as Howarth, Taka, etc, as well as TSS with the likes of Goldie and Uys being standouts. If you ask me, late game forward work will be the deciding factor, with BBC looking for inspiration on their bench through the likes of Lucas Clifford to get them over the line.
Final Score - 26-22 TSS

LawsonCreightonFan

Stan Wickham (3)
Any talk out of the TGS camp leading into this week, for such a highly touted team this season really doesn't seem to be going in the right direction, I get they've had some hard games to start the season but you have to be looking at making some changes leading into round 4 as, if they don't start to pick up form quite quickly this season could go quite wayward for the boys up the range.

Nut and Bolt

Stan Wickham (3)
Any talk out of the TGS camp leading into this week, for such a highly touted team this season really doesn't seem to be going in the right direction, I get they've had some hard games to start the season but you have to be looking at making some changes leading into round 4 as, if they don't start to pick up form quite quickly this season could go quite wayward for the boys up the range.
Mate i asked the same question a week ago and gave the changes i would make just from just watching the videos. You might now the team better than me if so, what changes would you make. Be interested to know.

LawsonCreightonFan

Stan Wickham (3)
Mate i asked the same question a week ago and gave the changes i would make just from just watching the videos. You might now the team better than me if so, what changes would you make. Be interested to know.
Cant say I know much about the boys just heard a lot of noise about them in the preseason and honestly expected them to have at least 1 win under their belt going into round 4, you simply cant be a good team off the last few games, need more consistent results.

Outsider

Peter Burge (5)
Goodmorning again, fellow forumist.

You Seem very keen for this game. Would love to hear some initial thoughts on how you think the game will go!!!
No matter what form Terrace have leading into this game anything can happen on the day - the Terrace boys can lift for this game. What do you expect when brother schools play.

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
Cant say I know much about the boys just heard a lot of noise about them in the preseason and honestly expected them to have at least 1 win under their belt going into round 4, you simply cant be a good team off the last few games, need more consistent results.
This week against ACGS will give the boys from the range a chance to play, with home crowd energy I can see it going either way. Churchie have proven to be inconsistent but a team that can compete with anyone on the right day, especially with the return of Pritchard into the starting side

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
No matter what form Terrace have leading into this game anything can happen on the day - the Terrace boys can lift for this game. What do you expect when brother schools play.
Agree Here - An old addage I used to go by 'Anything can happen on the day, so warm up, hit hard, and play like its your last'. I believe GT on their best day could easily get up against the old NC foe, or on a bad day they could lose by 20+, We shall see. We, shall see.

Brian O’Driscoll

Chris McKivat (8)
The 2nd XV scrum half from NC, Will Reardon is much better than Watson. Service is much faster and his accuracy is top notch. Watson is only getting picked because of the three year senior rule. Watch the last time U18’s reds v Tahs and listen to the commentary when Watson comes on.
Three year senior?? What is this?

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
Ok mate the forum has just got up and running and it is obvious someone has reconnected the hose at GT these sprinkle... are back and honestly I enjoyed a bit of time with them away, this is an unnecessary comment and unless you can explain to me why you've left it here I'm afraid I cannot take you seriously as a fellow member as this forum posting about the 5th XV and their coach. Poor to see THOSE GUYS back on the forum.
We hate to see it. Anyways, back to footy. Who does everyone have for last weeks POTR (POTR is a Footy Acronym for Player of the round)

Brian O’Driscoll

Chris McKivat (8)
9's- George Hales, Tom Goldy, Stan Keats
10's- Charlie Bird, Charlie O'Connell, Fletcher Austin
12's- Frank Howarth, Max Blanch, Carter Welfare
13's- Max Rohan, James Grey, Saia Poese
Wingers- Ethan Grimshaw, DJ Colivavu(Injured), Brock Coombes
15's- Trevon Pritchard, Jacob Johnson, Charlie Bird(when at fullback)
Stan Keats isn’t playing firsts so who would replace him?
Max Rohan had only played 1 game when this was done. Nick Conway offers more in my opinion.
Grimshaw hasn’t had the greatest start, hopefully gets better as the season goes on. Patterson the other NC winger has been on fire and would get the nod for me.
Murgha from IGS deserves a spot, so does he replace Bird at fullback?

Brian O’Driscoll

Chris McKivat (8)
Agree ACGS v NC was a good game.

Overall NCs discipline was atrocious, offside all the time out wide, there were lots of occasions where it was missed. Having said that if it wasn't for the intercept try then they are easy winners.

On the other hand Churchie showed more fight than they have this year to date. Key goal kicking misses and poor game management decisions cost them the game. Two costly uncontested mid field open side bombs into the wind, yielding easy turnovers for NC on half-way. At 12 all they had NC on the rack and chose 3pts - they lacked confidence to kick it to the corner and work a set piece. NC on the other hand when down 12-15 with an easy penalty but went for the corner - line out set piece ... try.

ACGS were valiant but need to start playing smarter, better tactical kicking and converting goal line pressure - it's cost them 2 weeks in a row. The irony is that NC badly missed their preferred 10.
If NC don’t get their discipline in order that may cost them crucial games.