• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

concretecowboy45

Frank Row (1)
though nudgee has had some dominate recent preformances, I personally believe this is due to the talents of the playing group, rather than the coaching. From what i have heard Head Coach Andrew Scottney has made some questionable decision in the preseason and has produced some ineffective game plans across rounds 1 and 2. If nudgee does not succeed in their premireship hopes this year, don't be suprised if there are some changes to the coaching staff next season. Will be keeping a close eye the rest of the season.

Themaulmarauder

Stan Wickham (3)
I have a question for the forum here, who do we think the top try scorer for this year is going to be? Initially I had Roman but with him departing from rugby at the mid-point of the season it is tough to say that he will still be leading the comp come to the end of season.
Rumour Has it he won't be going anywhere till the end of the season

GPS Lover

Banned
Rumour Has it he won't be going anywhere till the end of the season
I actually had a chat to one of their coaches Toutai Kefu after the game on the weekend as he was coaching when I played prem grade at souths back in the day so him and I are familiar and he said that he will be leaving at the mid-point of the season but they are prepared to continue on without him and push for the premiership.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Mauls have been a staple-point for each team this year. Personally have seen some questionable "Sacking" (Pulling down the maul) From some teams as a last dire effort - Hope the referees become more aware of this in future as I have seen multiple instances of this without penalization in my rewatch of 1st XV games thus far.
BBC have had a sack mentality in there within there 30 for several years now, I agree completely it has to be taken out of the game.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
I actually had a chat to one of their coaches Toutai Kefu after the game on the weekend as he was coaching when I played prem grade at souths back in the day so him and I are familiar and he said that he will be leaving at the mid-point of the season but they are prepared to continue on without him and push for the premiership.
Good to Hear. I'm Calling 1.NC 2.BSHS and 3.IGS for the end of the season

GPS Lover

Banned
Good to Hear. I'm Calling 1.NC 2.BSHS and 3.IGS for the end of the season
Do you still think BSHS will be a top side even after the departure of Roman. They really seem to go looking for him the second anything looks like it is not going their way so I really think it will be too big a loss for them to stay contenders.

Just posing a question to the valuable members of this community, why did Roman switch to footy? Are the rumours regarding his homesicknesss true? Seems like a silly reason to stop your NBA-Prospect career to play a sport with significantly less money and viewership

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
Do you still think BSHS will be a top side even after the departure of Roman. They really seem to go looking for him the second anything looks like it is not going their way so I really think it will be too big a loss for them to stay contenders.
I'm sure the Kefu brothers would be aware of this and will adapt and overcome regardless of Romans' departure.

GPS Lover

Banned
Just posing a question to the valuable members of this community, why did Roman switch to footy? Are the rumours regarding his homesicknesss true? Seems like a silly reason to stop your NBA-Prospect career to play a sport with significantly less money and viewership
No i believe he chose to play rugby as he grew up playing the sport and wanted to have one last run playing a sport he grew up playing before having to never play again and fully commit to his NBA basketball career

He doesn't need to play a trash sport like basketball, it only took him until year 12 to realise it was time to switch to a real sport.