• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
I have a question for the forum here, who do we think the top try scorer for this year is going to be? Initially I had Roman but with him departing from rugby at the mid-point of the season it is tough to say that he will still be leading the comp come to the end of season.

Realistically if there was a game that BGS were to win I feel like it would either have to be this weekend against GT or if TGS continue to stay in their form slump I feel like BGS could provide an upset there as well. I don't know what it is but the boys from from up the range don't seem to travel well. Not sure whether its the change in the atmosphere or another contributing factor.
I agree here - BGS looking much stronger when compared to previous years with an extremely strong back line. With slightly better RnS (Rucks n Scrums) I believe BGS would be a real contender within the competition.

concretecowboy45

Frank Row (1)
hey guys,
long time viewer but haven't really been active in commenting. But curiosity has got the better of me and i am wondering on what everyone thinks of the team of the weeks being named by gps rugby on instagram every week. personally i believe some of these selections are questionable, especially the exclusion of nudgee captain John Grenfell. It also puzzles me on how Sam watson made the team with the recent prefomances of young kefu. Cheers

I love 44

Banned
I have a question for the forum here, who do we think the top try scorer for this year is going to be? Initially I had Roman but with him departing from rugby at the mid-point of the season it is tough to say that he will still be leading the comp come to the end of season.
After seeing from early on this season, I have seen a lot of maul tries already so I'm saying John Grenfell from Nudgee College

Cheesyqdingle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Do we have a tally already of try scorers? I know BBC winger Taki scored 3 in the trial and 1 against BSHS but other than that has there been any hatricks this year?

GPS Canteen Manager

Frank Row (1)
I reckon James Grey from IGS with his speed and ability to move like he does around the field, I believe speed is a game breaker in the GPS. Also Tia Taka aswell he scored an impressive Try on the weekend and also was able to pick up a hatrick agaisnt downlands in the bye round. Its only early doors in the season so waiting for breakout players to go big like Treyvon Pritchard, who could break open a game anytime he gets his hands on the Ball. So those three in my Opinion (Treyvon Pritchard, Tai Taka and James Grey).

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
Do we have a tally already of try scorers? I know BBC winger Taki scored 3 in the trial and 1 against BSHS but other than that has there been any hatricks this year?
I am pretty sure Roman had 4 against TGS and then another one against BBC that would have to put him at the top by a fair bit as I am unsure on whether they include the bye round fixture against Downlands.

Yeah the mall has really been a staple for most of the teams offense so far this season
Mauls have been a staple-point for each team this year. Personally have seen some questionable "Sacking" (Pulling down the maul) From some teams as a last dire effort - Hope the referees become more aware of this in future as I have seen multiple instances of this without penalization in my rewatch of 1st XV games thus far.

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
Mauls have been a staple-point for each team this year. Personally have seen some questionable "Sacking" (Pulling down the maul) From some teams as a last dire effort - Hope the referees become more aware of this in future as I have seen multiple instances of this without penalization in my rewatch of 1st XV games thus far.
Yes there was a really bad one performed by Roman on the weekend that didn't get called which lead to the BSHS getting a turnover and then a full field try which pretty much sealed the game for them. I have noticed it in other matches as well but cannot think of a better example at his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.