• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, hope this finds the forum well. I have been following along for a while and I have only just come to making an account myself. However I can assure you I am no frank row when it comes to my knowledge of the gps. I figured now that I have an account I would give my taste on the start of an amazing season. Firstly TGS. When I was a youngin the boys from Toowoomba were always one of my favourite teams to play. They weren't a pushover but they weren't no Nudgee either. Those boys knew how to run always putting up a good game with a bit of chirp and some big shots from the country folk. However off the back of the incredible 2023 season and new signings like Myles Roasemand the boys have been all the hype in the preseason. Unfortunately however, this has not served TGS at all in fact I believe it has done the opposite. The team has become built on individual brilliance . This is not the towoomba I know and loved. This shift within the program is evident when watching both rounds 1 and 2. It seems as if the boys are playing for themselves rather than the school. They are lazy around the breakdown and they don't work hard enough for a Toowoomba side. This is clearly underpinned as IGS and BSHS have won there games of the back of broken play where they have caught out the lazy TGS forwards.

Looking at the rest of the comp, the hunt for the premiership is still in anyones hands (except BGS). From the outlook one would say that after the 50-5 win over TSS, Nudgee already have one hand on the trophy. Although this may seem accurate as tss beat terrace by 30 the week before, this comp has shown us time and time again that anyone can beat anyone. I believe that it is highly likely that every single team will drop at least one game. Hence the premiership will be a shared one. I could sit here talking about the rest of the schools for hours but I will make it short and sweet.

TSS: They have the best scrums and line out in the comp but other than that the rest of their game is predictable. If a team can disrupt their set piece and start the game hot, it's anyones game. However in saying this the job becomes that much harder when playing at the village green. They are definitely still a shout for the perm despite Saturdays result. Their front 5 are all class and special mention to their number 7 Clint Hoare, his work is not going unnoticed. Their backs don't seem to ever be on a different page either, they are switched on for the whole 80 mins.

IGS (DARK HORSE): I didn't think much of these boys in preseason but oh my god. These blokes just have something about them, as my son would say they have "AURA". Their front row is very solid, they work on the ground tackle well and are so quick around the defensive line. I didn't see one of them not do a long placement on Saturday. The TGS boys couldn't get anything at the breakdown. Moving onto the backs, WOW. Jimmy grey at is the quickest bloke in the comp and he always finds himself at the right place and the right time. Of course nobody can forget about their flyhallf Tyson walker. It seems as if his 2023 season at fullback has paid dividends for him. His kicking game is class and he just gets footy. Brook Coombes is another one to mention. At times the hardest bloke to tackle in the comp with his acceleration and footwork. Not to mention there super sub Amazaih (sorry if spelt wrong). He is in my opinion Ipswich's best player. Scoring 9 tries last year he is showing that he can do it again.

BGS: Not much to say here. They have made an improvement from last year but they have the worst program in the comp with most of their players a seconds standard. Those blokes are just there to have some fun. Their main focus on Saturdays is there studies they play footy to fill the time.

That's all for now gotta get back to my day I will discuss other schools shortly

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
Hey guys, hope this finds the forum well. I have been following along for a while and I have only just come to making an account myself. However I can assure you I am no frank row when it comes to my knowledge of the gps. I figured now that I have an account I would give my taste on the start of an amazing season. Firstly TGS. When I was a youngin the boys from Toowoomba were always one of my favourite teams to play. They weren't a pushover but they weren't no Nudgee either. Those boys knew how to run always putting up a good game with a bit of chirp and some big shots from the country folk. However off the back of the incredible 2023 season and new signings like Myles Roasemand the boys have been all the hype in the preseason. Unfortunately however, this has not served TGS at all in fact I believe it has done the opposite. The team has become built on individual brilliance . This is not the towoomba I know and loved. This shift within the program is evident when watching both rounds 1 and 2. It seems as if the boys are playing for themselves rather than the school. They are lazy around the breakdown and they don't work hard enough for a Toowoomba side. This is clearly underpinned as IGS and BSHS have won there games of the back of broken play where they have caught out the lazy TGS forwards.

Looking at the rest of the comp, the hunt for the premiership is still in anyones hands (except BGS). From the outlook one would say that after the 50-5 win over TSS, Nudgee already have one hand on the trophy. Although this may seem accurate as tss beat terrace by 30 the week before, this comp has shown us time and time again that anyone can beat anyone. I believe that it is highly likely that every single team will drop at least one game. Hence the premiership will be a shared one. I could sit here talking about the rest of the schools for hours but I will make it short and sweet.

TSS: They have the best scrums and line out in the comp but other than that the rest of their game is predictable. If a team can disrupt their set piece and start the game hot, it's anyones game. However in saying this the job becomes that much harder when playing at the village green. They are definitely still a shout for the perm despite Saturdays result. Their front 5 are all class and special mention to their number 7 Clint Hoare, his work is not going unnoticed. Their backs don't seem to ever be on a different page either, they are switched on for the whole 80 mins.

IGS (DARK HORSE): I didn't think much of these boys in preseason but oh my god. These blokes just have something about them, as my son would say they have "AURA". Their front row is very solid, they work on the ground tackle well and are so quick around the defensive line. I didn't see one of them not do a long placement on Saturday. The TGS boys couldn't get anything at the breakdown. Moving onto the backs, WOW. Jimmy grey at is the quickest bloke in the comp and he always finds himself at the right place and the right time. Of course nobody can forget about their flyhallf Tyson walker. It seems as if his 2023 season at fullback has paid dividends for him. His kicking game is class and he just gets footy. Brook Coombes is another one to mention. At times the hardest bloke to tackle in the comp with his acceleration and footwork. Not to mention there super sub Amazaih (sorry if spelt wrong). He is in my opinion Ipswich's best player. Scoring 9 tries last year he is showing that he can do it again.

BGS: Not much to say here. They have made an improvement from last year but they have the worst program in the comp with most of their players a seconds standard. Those blokes are just there to have some fun. Their main focus on Saturdays is there studies they play footy to fill the time.

That's all for now gotta get back to my day I will discuss other schools shortly
Welcome to the forum mate really good input here I couldn't agree more with the TGS statement it appears as if there has been a shift in mentality up the range at the school which is not good to see as TGS has been built upon being hard working and physically dominant and confrontational.

Nut and Bolt

Bob McCowan (2)
TSS name an unchanged starting 15 this weekend after losing considerably now to face a hungry TGS side. Do they need to make changes to keep their season hopes alive or should they trust their game 1 form and continue with the current side and hope for a bounce back?
Mate from what I'm hearing no changes for TGS this week. In my opinion I would have made at least 4.

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
Mate from what I'm hearing no changes for TGS this week. In my opinion I would have made at least 4.
Yeah if I'm TGS i would be bringing in U16 young gun Craig Thaggard he is a boy from up north who natural position is blindside he is a proper work horse hits lots of breakdowns lots of steals and is very physically dominant with both ball running and defending very talented young kid who i would be trying to give experience to before next season where he will be a force.

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
Hello my fellow forumers,
I would just like to the the nutter on the wing for Nudgee is the true difference maker he is an absolute weapon definitely a man to keep your eye on. Also, just a quick shoutout to CheesyQDingle been reading the forum for a while now and what a good source he always provides nice accurate inside scoops.
Do you mind re-wording that kind of tough to understand your english in the nicest way possible maybe read over your post before posting to make the post easier to understand for other users of the forum.

I love 44

Banned
Hello my fellow forumers,
I would just like to recognise the nutter (Bob Conways shadow) on the wing for Nudgee, he is the true difference maker he is an absolute weapon definitely a man to keep your eye on. Also, just a quick shoutout to CheesyQDingle been reading the forum for a while now and what a good source he always provides nice accurate inside scoops.

Welcome to the Forum Mate. Hope you feel at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.