• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

The Blin6side

Darby Loudon (17)
Hey all,
This is a bit of a new one but as a former GPS player back in '01, as well as a coach from '19-'23 I'd like to rank each main oval. Criteria for my rankings include - Grass Quality, Grandstands, Fertilizer, Canteen Options, Away Seating, Fertilizer Choice, Scoreboards and finally overall ATMOSPHERE.

1st - Give me OLD BOYS - TGS
2nd - Give me ROSS - NC
3rd - Give me..... IGS MAIN OVAL - BRASSALL
4th -Give me TENNYSON - GT
5th- Give me OLD BOYS - TSS
6th - Give me MISKIN - BBC
7th - Give me NO. 1 OVAL - BGS
8th - Give me FURSDEN - BSHS
Ross Ovals grass bloody lovely, smooth Bermuda grass…

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
How special would a round 9 NC vs BSHS final on ross be fellas? Just the idea gets my heart racing
Would be special but I don't believe BSHS will make it undefeated until then and if it's on Ross would need to bring a few super rugby players to win a big game on Ross, its basically impossible.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hey all,
This is a bit of a new one but as a former GPS player back in '01, as well as a coach from '19-'23 I'd like to rank each main oval. Criteria for my rankings include - Grass Quality, Grandstands, Fertilizer, Canteen Options, Away Seating, Fertilizer Choice, Scoreboards and finally overall ATMOSPHERE.

1st - Give me OLD BOYS - TGS
2nd - Give me ROSS - NC
3rd - Give me..... IGS MAIN OVAL - BRASSALL
4th -Give me TENNYSON - GT
5th- Give me OLD BOYS - TSS
6th - Give me MISKIN - BBC
7th - Give me NO. 1 OVAL - BGS
8th - Give me FURSDEN - BSHS
Ross oval has to be No.1. Holds thousands and the sound from the grandstand reverberates greatly. IGS main oval would be second from the bottom for me, although the fields are beautiful the crowds are some of the worst, if not the worst in the comp. TSS has a great oval and crowd so i would give them 2nd place. Toowoomba is a nice field again, however the crowd sits too far away from the field, making the atmosphere subpar. BGS is appropriately placed, and i COMPLETELY AGREE with the BSHS pick. No atmosphere and a quite soft and uneven field

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
Look, we can talk down on BBC for their arrogance or loss to BSHS etc. But we simply can't just overlook them. From the likes of Jack Randall (QLD u16s) or front rower Oscar Donovan, this team is certainly still a strong side.
Thank Harry.
Lot's of not well known great player's on that BBC side could get a few surprises in the next couple of weeks

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Larry Dwyer (12)
CANTEEN RANKINGS:

1. ACGS - Great chicken burger and chips, wide variety of snacks for a good price
2. NC - Good burgers and well priced
3. BGS - Really great burgers
4. IGS - Banging bacon and egg burger and very efficient serving
5. GT - Great chips and the line runs smoothly
6. TGS - Pretty good food but steep pricings and also not much choice for a proper meal
7. BSHS (Fursden) - Cook up a good burger on the grill, however the canteen is very small and clogs up very easily
8. BBC - Expensive and poor food quality, always a extensive line
9. TSS - Not much great to say, very expensive, no variety and also always a big line. The burgers are soggy and seem to have been sitting around for a while.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
CANTEEN RANKINGS:

1. ACGS - Great chicken burger and chips, wide variety of snacks for a good price
6. TGS - Pretty good food but steep pricings and also not much choice for a proper meal
7. BSHS (Fursden) - Cook up a good burger on the grill, however the canteen is very small and clogs up very easily
9. TSS - Not much great to say, very expensive, no variety and also always a big line. The burgers are soggy and seem to have been sitting around for a while.
Completely Agree here. I would always look forward to a Churchie or NC feed after my games back in the day, and after recent visits the quality has never changed. Only change I would do is BBC, as they have better value than most with higher quality meats, so I would place them in the 3rd spot.

50/23

Peter Burge (5)
CANTEEN RANKINGS:

number 8 - not true the well known highlander burger is one that treats many unless your alergic to large juicy pickles

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
CANTEEN RANKINGS:

@WHACKO_JACKO.GT I know this isn't about footy but you seem to hate BBC did they do something to you back when you used to play them, you have none of their players in your team of the season, you have them in bad spots on the ladder I guess what I am trying to say is what have they done to you I'm interested

The Blin6side

Darby Loudon (17)
I remember the first time I played on Old Boys at TGS, it was in the 14As. I was new to the school in grade 8, after moving from Inverell State High, a term in I was placed in the TGS boarding house. I was selected at fullback, much to the boy who had been at the school years before me disappointment… Sorry mate. Anyways, it was a trial match pretty sure it was against the old foe Gregory Terrace. Fast forward to the second half, the ball was kicked to me off the drop punt. I caught it, opted against the kick return because of my fast feet (Atleast I thought). I run up, and was absolutely decked in the tackle by about 4 boys. Knocking me out instantly. I got up after 30 seconds and continued To play. My old man would always tell me if you are on that footy field you walk off that footy field, if you can’t walk you’re crawling, you are not getting carried off. I believe we drew that game. Good memories…

HarrytheImposter

Frank Nicholson (4)
CANTEEN RANKINGS:

Can't look past the burgers at BGS.