• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

joshchi temuways

Frank Nicholson (4)
Word from the Terrace camp, winger Sam Russell has suffered a left thumb injury. Still unsure whether he will be able to play through the injury. This could potentially leave a wing spot open for their utility player Kiyan Gunewardene. He is a versatile player, can play 11, 13 and 15. Will be interesting to see what they do as Kiyan can cover many positions in the backline and could be essential to the team allowing them to cover other positions on the bench.
1721191879964.png

Tom Winters AKA, Tommy turbo might be suiting up for the BBC first 15 as a strike weapon to counter a very strong attack. He has a low centre of gravity and ball skills can be compared to a camel. Yes a camel. - Eucalyptus nut signing off.

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
The GPS Blokes’ predictions for round 2 of the Queensland Greater Public Schools competition.

NC vs TSS - NC by 5
With both teams being victorious on the 13th of July, it will be a good day for footy all round. Although, Southport’s pack is strong, I see them falling to the blue and white on Ross. Especially, with a packed home crowd. I see Chuck O’Connell steering this backline successfully of set piece. However, my MOTM will be Blaze Moana, this kid gets GPS footy.

BBC vs BSHS - BSHS by 14+
Not really much to say here, Roman will continue his dominant runs from round 1, and without Kiame BBC will struggle to shut him down. Just want to give a quick shout out to Picot, severely underrated on this forum.

GT vs ACGS - GT by 10+
Churchie are missing their first choice flyhalf (Pretty sure on this), and GT will exploit this. The boys from Spring Hill are hungry after a tough loss against TSS, and are looking for blood. First try scorer Rupert McGrath, this country boy will be dangerous against Churchie.

TGS vs IGS - TGS by 30+
Home ground advantage for the boys in blue and gold, and for that reason I just don’t see the Ippy boys coming up the range and causing an upset. Similar to GT, Toowoomba are hungry and hunting. A few weak tries were let in on the weekend, so the boys will bounce back with line speed, and jackals. I will also be in attendance for this game as my son is playing 14As (Fullback/Flyhalf).

BGS vs the Bye - BGS by 3
All jokes aside, are they versing DC? If so at home, or away? Downlands are dangerous, I remember playing them was always a good Saturday out.

Cheers,
The GPS Bloke.

Last edited:

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
The GPS Blokes’ predictions for round 2 of the Queensland Greater Public Schools competition.

NC vs TSS - NC by 5
With both teams being victorious on the 13th of July, it will be a good day for footy all round. Although, Southport’s pack is strong, I see them falling to the blue and white on Ross. Especially, with a packed home crowd. I see Chuck O’Connell steering this backline successfully of set piece. However, my MOTM will be Blaze Moana, this kid gets GPS footy.

Not really much to say here, Roman will continue his dominant runs from round 1, and without Kiame BBC will struggle to shut him down. Just want to give a quick shout out to Picot, severely underrated on this forum.

GT vs ACGS - GT by 10+
Churchie are missing their first choice flyhalf (Pretty sure on this), and GT will exploit this. The boys from Spring Hill are hungry after a tough loss against TSS, and are looking for blood. First try scorer Rupert McGrath, this country boy will be dangerous against Churchie.

TGS vs IGS - TGS by 30+
Home ground advantage for the boys in blue and gold, and for that reason I just don’t see the Ippy boys coming up the range and causing an upset. Similar to GT, Toowoomba are hungry and hunting. A few weak tries were let in on the weekend, so the boys will bounce back with line speed, and jackals. I will also be in attendance for this game as my son is playing 14As (Fullback/Flyhalf).

All jokes aside, are they versing DC? If so at home, or away? Downlands are dangerous, I remember playing them was always a good Saturday out.

Cheers,
The GPS Bloke.
Round 2 predictions:

NC vs TSS - TSS by 3
TSS to more than match NC in all facets of play but I believe goal kicking will be the difference.

BBC vs BSHS - BSHS by 10
As I’ve said previously, the Round 1 bye will hurt BBC with BSHS on a roll after last week’s demolition of the over-hyped TGS. BBC will be rusty & I expect BSHS to take advantage.

GT vs ACGS - ACGS by 20+
Unfortunately for GT, the home crowd advantage wont help them as I believe Churchie will only get better after last weeks game. The Churchie pack to dominate in tight and the score to blow out late.

TGS vs IGS - TGS by 5
After last weeks poor performance, TGS will want to get back on track. IGS will make it extremely hard for them in a dour affair.

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
Round 2 predictions:

NC vs TSS - TSS by 3
TSS to more than match NC in all facets of play but I believe goal kicking will be the difference.

BBC vs BSHS - BSHS by 10
As I’ve said previously, the Round 1 bye will hurt BBC with BSHS on a roll after last week’s demolition of the over-hyped TGS. BBC will be rusty & I expect BSHS to take advantage.

GT vs ACGS - ACGS by 20+
Unfortunately for GT, the home crowd advantage wont help them as I believe Churchie will only get better after last weeks game. The Churchie pack to dominate in tight and the score to blow out late.

TGS vs IGS - TGS by 5
After last weeks poor performance, TGS will want to get back on track. IGS will make it extremely hard for them in a dour affair.
Wouldn’t say TGS are overhyped, BSHS just got the upper hand last Saturday, they still got 7 more rounds to play.

Scrum Doctor4300

Frank Row (1)

NC vs TSS - NC by 5

GT vs ACGS - GT by 10+

TGS vs IGS - TGS by 30+

Cheers,
The GPS Bloke.
I believe BBC will get up over old foes BSHS i feel their pre season has been strong with the boys pushing their bodies past the limits. With the added strength of the coaching staff arguably the best in the comp. However they will be tested with state high also having experienced world class coaches that can steer this new look team to victory. Easily the game of the round for me with BBC winning by 2 with the home ground advantage these BBC gentlemen will be fired up coming off the bye.

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
I believe BBC will get up over old foes BSHS i feel their pre season has been strong with the boys pushing their bodies past the limits. With the added strength of the coaching staff arguably the best in the comp. However they will be tested with state high also having experienced world class coaches that can steer this new look team to victory. Easily the game of the round for me with BBC winning by 2 with the home ground advantage these BBC gentlemen will be fired up coming off the bye.
Really good analysis Scrum Doctor 4300, I’m starting to question my predictions on this game now. It really depends on who sets the tone in the first 15 minutes. Could go either way…

footybaby

Stan Wickham (3)

NC vs TSS - NC by 5

GT vs ACGS - GT by 10+

TGS vs IGS - TGS by 30+

Cheers,
The GPS Bloke.
Sorry mate I believe BSHS are actually pretenders and have just got lucky, I believe Churchie after a decent win against Grammar will take GT on and win that. But I do like your other predictions.