• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
Good morning rugby enthusiasts I was able to get down to the goldy on the weekend to watch the GT TSS match with GT being handed a 34-5 defeat. Traditonally the boys from the city aren’t the best travellers going down to the port was always going to be a tough challenge for the boys in red and black. Special mention to archer Illot who played particularly well being a menace at breakdown and also having a strong low chop tackle being a standout of the Gt forwards. Oli Nasser was also a standout with his barnstorming runs from set piece breaking the line on multiple occasions was one to watch for GT in a mobile forward pack. Sam Russell was also another one to watch with his crafty footwork beating defenders with ease proved the difference for gt on the left edge not to mention his try saving tackle which was very impressive. However, the boys from the GC proved to good for GT overall a well rounded team with a tidy forward pack and athletic backline TSS will definetly be one to watch for the prem this Gps 2024 season as they face their toughest challenge yet facing nudgee college on the fortress off Ross oval this Saturday which is my game of the round.
Clint Hoare and Tom Goldie were too dynamic for these city slickers. Uys wasn’t a standout for me I expected more from the future Bokke Prop (C).

Wing whisperer

Herbert Moran (7)
Good morning rugby enthusiasts I was able to get down to the goldy on the weekend to watch the GT TSS match with GT being handed a 34-5 defeat. Traditonally the boys from the city aren’t the best travellers going down to the port was always going to be a tough challenge for the boys in red and black. Special mention to archer Illot who played particularly well being a menace at breakdown and also having a strong low chop tackle being a standout of the Gt forwards. Oli Nasser was also a standout with his barnstorming runs from set piece breaking the line on multiple occasions was one to watch for GT in a mobile forward pack. Sam Russell was also another one to watch with his crafty footwork beating defenders with ease proved the difference for gt on the left edge not to mention his try saving tackle which was very impressive. However, the boys from the GC proved to good for GT overall a well rounded team with a tidy forward pack and athletic backline TSS will definetly be one to watch for the prem this Gps 2024 season as they face their toughest challenge yet facing nudgee college on the fortress off Ross oval this Saturday which is my game of the round.
TSS verse Nudgee will be a challenge for TSS as they come from coast to city to prove themselves. Loved playing at Ross Oval back when i played. Me and my mates used to call it Gallipoli as we felt we were going to war. I wonder if the new generation still calls it Gallipoli?

bigmoneybrown

Stan Wickham (3)
tss nudgee will be a cracker but i gotta say bshs bbc might be one for the ages

Micheal Seiler

Bob McCowan (2)
BBC
Versed Down lands
TAI TAKA HARD YAKA - (Taione Taka)
He debuted for the 1st on the wing and brought it home with 3 meat pies. It's truly a noteworthy achievement something he should boast about.

OSCAR DONOVAN (THE MAN)
He again had an absolute blinder but with hard yaka, big ole Donny went over for a hatty.
these boys are a force to be reckoned with...

Unfortunately, my pick for MVP (of the season) the red rocket didnt stand up like i thought he would... potentially BBC needs to bring up someone like Charlie Geldard (name to watch) or luca buca kelly to 10 and see how that goes the rocket just didn't do it for me.

Did anybody watch the state high game? Heard roman got 4 and set up the other 2?????
Oscar Donovan did play well, but his position in the team isn't solidified. Speaking to people close to the team, the likes of Sam Davies or Harry 'Maddy' Stanley may receive a callup due to the team in need of some athleticism and size.

I did rate Oscar's new haircut though, the buzz suits him.

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
TSS verse Nudgee will be a challenge for TSS as they come from coast to city to prove themselves. Loved playing at Ross Oval back when i played. Me and my mates used to call it Gallipoli as we felt we were going to war. I wonder if the new generation still calls it Gallipoli?
Mate when we used to go to battle every two years on ross, I wouldn’t fear as I knew I had the blue and gold army behind. It would feel like D-day when I would step onto that prestige Nudgee College grass (Bermuda Grass), yet I wouldn’t fear. My first thought was the breakdown how can I disrupt NC’s ball play, perhaps pilfer? Perhaps a dominant clean out? That first contact would remind of chasing wild hawgs back home in Inverell. That’s all rugby union was to me a hunt. Cmon TGS fire up!

Ahh yes, back in my days as a boarder at TGS when Grammar round came we'd give it the nickname Vietnam. Felt like war going up against all those human calcs.

Micheal Seiler

Bob McCowan (2)
Guys I just want to do my weekly Sam Davies appreciation post, so here goes it,

You will see him in a Queensland jersey one day, and when I say you will see him, you WILL see him. He is the real deal and is a force to be reckoned with. For a forward, his offload game is unheard of, offering a playmaking and high-skill play style that is rarely seen.

Remember the name,

BIG DAVIES...

Scrum Doctor4300

Frank Row (1)
Waffles for

Clint Hoare and Tom Goldie were too dynamic for these city slickers. Uys wasn’t a standout for me I expected more from the future Bokke Prop (C).
Also wanted to mention the left side corner of the village green at TSS being particularly muddy. Inside source is this was a tactic used by TSS 1stXV against GT on the weekend to aid the TSS rolling maul. Would like further clarification on this issue and head groundsmen of TSS questioned immediately.

joshchi temuways

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oscar Donovan did play well, but his position in the team isn't solidified. Speaking to people close to the team, the likes of Sam Davies or Harry 'Maddy' Stanley may receive a callup due to the team in need of some athleticism and size.

I did rate Oscar's new haircut though, the buzz suits him.
come on mate are you taking the piss???

joshchi temuways

Frank Nicholson (4)
Guys I just want to do my weekly Sam Davies appreciation post, so here goes it,

You will see him in a Queensland jersey one day, and when I say you will see him, you WILL see him. He is the real deal and is a force to be reckoned with. For a forward, his offload game is unheard of, offering a playmaking and high-skill play style that is rarely seen.

Remember the name,

BIG DAVIES...
Sounds like a absolute weapon of a player!
I will try to make a effort to watch BBC play this year, I can not wait to see him in action!

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
Mate dont bring up tractor accidents. Previously, mentioned on this forum i had suffered a head injury causing me to lose part of my memory due to falling off a tractor. Doubt the game at Fursden was worse than that.
People are so insensitive these days, and unaware of how dangerous tractors used to be in the late 90s. Disgraceful. Cmon TGS fire up!