• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Roy M'goy

Frank Row (1)
Hey Lads, I am new to this forum and Australian rugby as a whole. I'm a 67-year-old recently divorced man from Manchester who loves the game of Rugby. My son James Buckley and my ex-wife Brook moved to Australia after our divorce and I have just heard that he is playing in the firsts at Ipswich Grammar School. I'm looking to learn more about Ipswich Grammar School and the competition as a whole so I can be more involved in his life.
Welcome Mate, all of your Aussie Rugby queries and questions are welcome here :)

bhim

Herbert Moran (7)
IMG_9769.PNG

No scores from ACGS vs BGS yet

doccybama

Frank Row (1)
No sprinkler turn up needed. The winger tanner ‘ten zyns’ wheeler has been putting in the work for over 6 months for this moment. I personally believe a man like Roman with such long legs will be easy to tackle for units like Angus Hall and Cormac Burke. In essence, these BBC blokes have never been more prepared in their life for such a minute team state high has been in the pre season.

RazorRamon

Stan Wickham (3)
ACGS v BGS - ACGS by 15 points (Anticipate some great tries but a lot of errors by the 2024 Vikings. I can see them getting out to a comfortable lead but then giving away some soft tries brought about some errors)
BSHS v TGS - BSHS by 15 points (Home ground advantage and memory of last year’s controversial loss as the catalyst for an “upset” win)
TSS v GT - TSS by 25+ points (according to script)
IGS v NC - IGS by 3 (Boil over win to start the season from Ippy led by Tyson Walker)
BBC - Bye

Actual Results
ACGS won by 17 (37 - 20)
BSHS won by 19 (47-28)
TSS won by 29 points (34-5)
Nudgee won by 19 (31-12)

I got pretty close with all my predictions bar the Ipswich vs Nudgee game (Was looking good at halftime though haha).

How did everyone else go with their predictions?

I think Ippy will be pretty disappointed not to go on and win that one after going into the break even. But I guess that’s why you can never sleep on Nudgee. They will never go away unless you put them away.

Already looking forward to BBC vs State High next week!!! The competition has been warned after what they did to Toowoomba this weekend, what a performance!

Spare a thought for young Isaac Kefu if he starts for BBC next week, he may have to find a new place to live for the week as his dad and uncle Steve Kefu who coach State High attempt to claim another scalp of a competition favourite. lol

Wing whisperer

Herbert Moran (7)
I was in attendance for the Downlands verse BBC game and it’s safe to say that BBC will put up a good fight against BSHS next weekend. It was a pleasure to watch the likes of Oscar Donnovan and Lucas Clifford. Lucas Clifford was at every breakdown protecting the ball like a mother hen protecting her eggs. Those log squads definitely showing in his leg drive in every single tackle.