• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

GPS Fanatics

Frank Row (1)
Have any of the schools released their First XV for Round 1?
Am particularly looking forward the to the TGS vs TSS match this weekend, I believe it will be the match of the round. I believe the highly touted outside back from Townsville, Myles Rosemond could be in for a big first game for the boys from up the range.
- GPS Fanatics

Ruck master 42

Bob McCowan (2)
Who do we think is the game of the round this week? BSHS vs TGS could be the game this weekend. both teams looking strong in the preseasons with zero losses from both sides. my other pick being GT vs TSS, southport have been strong and should be able to nudge through but terrace have a point to prove as their preseason didn't look promising and they have home ground advantage

backfencewarrior

Frank Row (1)
he can be a big threat this season if he keeps a cool head, with a dangerous backline they should compliment his game very well. very keen to see his performance in round 2 against state high. will definitely be a big test for him
I agree Beast! state high look like they have a very powerful forward pack with a lot of strike in the back line looking forward for this game in my opinion could be a crucial game for both schools if they have premiership hopes.

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
Little Throwback Thursday for you to start your morning.

Remember this game like it was yesterday TGS vs Downlands 96. Such a fierce battle between both schools. Was in grade 10, just played 16As (Fullback/Winger) and rushed down to the main oval to catch the start of this fixture. Crowds were electric, just have a look at this image.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpeg
    IMG_0708.jpeg
    860.1 KB · Views: 53

backfencewarrior

Frank Row (1)
I have watched a couple Downlands v TGS the games always seem to be to physical something about those boys up the range they just seem to have that ‘farm boy’ strength.

GPS Fanatics

Frank Row (1)
Oscar Donovan looks to be the form prop of the comp throughout the trials. This kid loves a tough carry and loves to get down and dirty at scrum time. Look out for the young fella from Rocky come round 2 at Miskin vs BSHS

rugbyfreak2289

Frank Row (1)
new to the forum here, with the 2024 season underway shortly my two picks for the shield this year are TGS and State High. personally i think state high have been hard done by here, with new coaches and a new squad i think they can really crack it this year. I must say i’ve always admired the boys in the gold and blue’s footy, just something about the way they always have a versatile selection of players for their team wether that be in size or x factors, a few players to mention toowomba’s number 5 brother of number 10 ilesa (butchered that) is incredibly mobile uses his strength and size to an advantage and poses as a major threat against tss he really held his own, played his role right and gave it a good crack, as well as his brother the star 10 with his strong kicking game, footwork and rugby knowledge this kid will be a major factor for the success of the boys in blue and gold, alongside him is dolphins signed azariah the new 12, from what i’ve heard this kids got x factor his strong running game and his attack all together will be incredibly useful for the pair. i think going into this season they are the favourites, however round 1 state high, they won’t hold back. i caught some of the trial game of ipswich vs the boys from south brisbane and i must say these state high boys don’t do free handouts, their back 3 were all over ipswich all game not giving them an inch, this number 8 for the blue and red is a major threat to other teams, scored two tries using his size, speed and strength from what i’ve seen he will be great for state high going into this season, their 7 trent picot, what a match up against joey grey these two for me are the two biggest pest around the ruck, their speed and strength at the breakdown is a major advantage for both teams.

finally my two players to watch for this season opener: the very underrated Trent Picot (BSHS 7) and star 10 for toowmba illesa.

very excited for these two teams going into the season and if i wanted to get two games out of the way for my season it’d be these two.

backfencewarrior

Frank Row (1)
new to the forum here, with the 2024 season underway shortly my two picks for the shield this year are TGS and State High. personally i think state high have been hard done by here, with new coaches and a new squad i think they can really crack it this year. I must say i’ve always admired the boys in the gold and blue’s footy, just something about the way they always have a versatile selection of players for their team wether that be in size or x factors, a few players to mention toowomba’s number 5 brother of number 10 ilesa (butchered that) is incredibly mobile uses his strength and size to an advantage and poses as a major threat against tss he really held his own, played his role right and gave it a good crack, as well as his brother the star 10 with his strong kicking game, footwork and rugby knowledge this kid will be a major factor for the success of the boys in blue and gold, alongside him is dolphins signed azariah the new 12, from what i’ve heard this kids got x factor his strong running game and his attack all together will be incredibly useful for the pair. i think going into this season they are the favourites, however round 1 state high, they won’t hold back. i caught some of the trial game of ipswich vs the boys from south brisbane and i must say these state high boys don’t do free handouts, their back 3 were all over ipswich all game not giving them an inch, this number 8 for the blue and red is a major threat to other teams, scored two tries using his size, speed and strength from what i’ve seen he will be great for state high going into this season, their 7 trent picot, what a match up against joey grey these two for me are the two biggest pest around the ruck, their speed and strength at the breakdown is a major advantage for both teams.

finally my two players to watch for this season opener: the very underrated Trent Picot (BSHS 7) and star 10 for toowmba illesa.

very excited for these two teams going into the season and if i wanted to get two games out of the way for my season it’d be these two.
I agree to an extent but I think ur favouring state high to much TGS are always one of the best drilled schools in the comp I agree it will be a great game but TGS have some great talent in there line up

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
My updated tips for Round 1
ACGS vs BGS - ACGS by 5+ - I see a hungry BGS team that will fall short in the late minutes of the game

BSHS vs TGS - TGS by 14+ - Bit biast but I just see the TGS boys being to powerful for Statey

TSS vs GT - GT by 7 - People forget GT only lost by 2 in there trial against the Southport boys, and after seeing there performance against Nudgee.If this Gregory Terrace side has been working on the simple stuff at training then I could see the GT boys bringing this win back to Spring Hill.

IGS vs NC - NC by 20+ - NC have always been a strong team, and I don’t see this rein coming to an end in the first round especially against a undersized Ippy team.

BBC BYE round - Are they playing Downlands? If so home or away?

beastmode_101

Bob McCowan (2)
My updated tips for Round 1
ACGS vs BGS - ACGS by 5+ - I see a hungry BGS team that will fall short in the late minutes of the game

BSHS vs TGS - TGS by 14+ - Bit biast but I just see the TGS boys being to powerful for Statey

TSS vs GT - GT by 7 - People forget GT only lost by 2 in there trial against the Southport boys, and after seeing there performance against Nudgee.If this Gregory Terrace side has been working on the simple stuff at training then I could see the GT boys bringing this win back to Spring Hill.

IGS vs NC - NC by 20+ - NC have always been a strong team, and I don’t see this rein coming to an end in the first round especially against a undersized Ippy team.

BBC BYE round - Are they playing Downlands? If so home or away?
Updated Round 1 tips

1. ACGS vs BGS - ACGS by 15+ - churchie will get a comfortable win at home, Pritchard, Austin and blanch will get the job done

2. BSHS vs TGS - BSHS by 1-7 - with the addition of the kefus I think they will be well structured and disciplined, and being at home I think they just scrape a win over TGS

3. TSS vs GT - TSS by 7+ - GT are a dark horse especially after an unsuccessful trial game period they will be looking to turn the tables but TSS will be too strong and too powerful for GT in the end

4. IGS vs NC - NC by 15+ - I think IGS will get off to a fast and physical start especially at home but NC will be too technical for them, looking forward to how Conway and Johnson will deal with IGS dangerous backline ( walker, Kendall and Murgha )